[The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro] Taking a stand - Post review experience

1. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 29, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Hey thanks for the tag. I haven't personally used Nord and the pic I showed on WoHo was from my friend. Having said that I agree with what you have said.
    Their customer care executive is not trained well enough for handling this Amoled issue. Afaik in their documentary series Akis pointed out the display issue to Carl and he ordered a new batch of displays.

What I don't get is why are 7 series + are facing this issue. I am OnePlus 6T user since last 2 years and I didn't face a single issue with my Amoled Panel. To add to it, I am a gamer so display burn in is more possible but it seems quality of displays has degraded over time.

I love OnePlus as a brand but I cannot ignore their displays. Good thread. I hope it's taken care of by OnePlus.

2. kak91
    Froyo Jul 29, 2020

kak91 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 29, 2020 :
    How to go about this issue hope they will resolve it or they are ignoring ??Soon we can expect OTA update?

deep0611 and yashonagori like this.
  3. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 29, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 29, 2020 :
    @SJBoss

4. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 29, 2020 :
    True, I though mostly nobody noticed. Today's the day of honouring the memory of CS and Display Issues.
    1596038265584.jpg

5. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 29, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Thanks for the tag @Starcommander

Also @B_Wrath did OnePlus ever addressed the tint issue on the 8 series here on forums? There was something about it on android authority (their go to place to admit fcuk ups) all I remember is a thread from pete about how great the display are.

Rafztafara, deep0611, MosheG1 and 3 others like this.
  6. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jul 29, 2020

yashonagori , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 29, 2020 :
    They should give up the bragging rights if they're gonna mess up like this constantly.

deep0611, MosheG1, Batman360 and 2 others like this.
  7. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 29, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 29, 2020 :
    To be fair the green/red tint is more of an Amoled issue but unlike others OnePlus takes " I'm gonna close my eyes and hope it goes away" approach.

deep0611, obol2, MosheG1 and 3 others like this.
  8. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

Yeap, and now look how much love shit he got immediately for his thread :D. The morale is: Don't say everything is perfect standing one foot right in the mud.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020

Rafztafara, deep0611, MosheG1 and 3 others like this.
  9. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Nope. Nothing.
    I have called them out time after time on that thread, on every tweet they post claiming that you the best displays, but nope. None.
    The standard dialogues,
    1. it is an amoled issue.
    2. You don't know how to use it (I think they stole this from apple as well). No sane person will use so low brightness.
    3. Claim to fix a hardware issue with an OTA fix and silently increase the minimum brightness level.

10. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    The thing is, I don't understand who is the genius behind their strategy. Hype marketing, and the sad thing is, it worked till now! They have been having display issues since the 5 series! One after the other!
    OP5 - Upside down jelly display.
    OP6/T - screen flickering issues
    OP7/T - screen flickering, black crush, green tint, purple tint, a weird notch on the top left.
    OP8 - same as OP7/T, black bar level to punch hole.
    Nord - all of OP8, hideous punch hole, extreme tinting.

At least now, people are more vocal instead of falling for all the hype.
    And still shamelessly, OnePlus hypes it's fault stricken displays!

11. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

I found balance of power... At low brightness got tint issues, at high - burn in. What is left for medium?)

12. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Don't worry. They'll come up with something in the 8T.

13. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2020

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 29, 2020 :
    yes amoled have these issue but not this much !
    color retention is crystal clear on OnePlus 8 pro

deep0611, yashonagori and SJBoss like this.
  14. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

Perfect solution would be to switch it off at all... But not everything is lost, cuz once again it would be display #1 by DisplayMate. Perfect. Marketing department is doing its worst.

15. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

Has everyone woken up today? This promise is there since the launch.

16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    On the contrary, they are doing their best. Hyping the shit out of a faulty product and still pooling in so much money for the company.
    They are the ones whom Pete and Carl should worship.

17. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

I already represent the history. Pete and Carl sit, discussing that the villains have again swooped down with their CS, display problems, plastic frames. Oh, these customers... And then they look at the pre-orders of Nord and decide that it would do till 8T series. The main thing is to give orders to support and maintain the street cred of a fairy fail.

I hope new threads are already being worked on how OnePlus listens to its audience, about moving to True Nord and giving pretty much everything users could ask for...

deep0611, yashonagori and B_Wrath like this.
  18. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2020

ankitmaity , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Good point raised on the customer service, I have had to deal with it as well. Customer service is really not up to the mark, I agree. OnePlus currently offers a turnaround time of 48 hours according to their own website, I got my first reply just before 96 hours. By that time, Amazon had scheduled and completed the return of my OP8.
    I tried connecting via chat twice and on both occasions, after waiting 20 minutes approximately on both occasions, it timed out.
    As for display, my first OnePlus 8 (June batch) clearly had battery, fingerprint and display issues (purple tint), thankfully I was able to return it in the Amazon return period and this device seems to be alright till now (July batch).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020

yashvidrohi, deep0611 and yashonagori like this.
  19. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 29, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Well, let's do this.

@dsmonteiro I know sometimes it might feel like we're taking a dig at you while tagging you almost everytime we find stuff like this but to be honest we don't expect anyone else to respond to this stuff let alone take it seriously.

The black crush/tint issue has been present on the 8 series and there's already threads about the same on the Nord. OnePlus hasn't addressed the issue so far. there was something about it on Android authority (the same place where OnePlus revealed the 2 won't get the Android 7 update). Why not address it here? to the people involved directly on a platform created for this very reason?

Shubham_Ag., deep0611, the_o2 and 6 others like this.
  20. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I'm tired of doing this.
    I know nothing fruitful is going to come out. Every time we are fed some nice words and the entire episode is sweeped under the carpet. Completely forgotten.