[The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro] Taking a stand - Post review experience

1. H1593772403132
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

2. Rahul_modi90
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020

Rahul_modi90 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Yaa...but it will give you loss of min. 8 - 10k.
    Good luck bro..

yashonagori likes this.
  3. H1593772403132
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

Rahul_modi90 likes this.
  4. H1593772403132
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

Rahul_modi90 likes this.
  5. tirthak_modi
    Froyo Aug 2, 2020

tirthak_modi , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I am strongly suggest replace your device if possible.

6. H1593772403132
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

yashonagori likes this.
  7. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Aug 2, 2020

yashonagori , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I have this exact same issue man, it just looks so weird!

Batman360 likes this.
  8. tirthak_modi
    Froyo Aug 2, 2020

tirthak_modi , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Its time to our rights we have to create one petition against OnePlus screen issue, what you guys are thinking About this ?

9. palash1010
    Eclair Aug 2, 2020

palash1010 , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 2, 2020 :
    First off, thank you for highlighting this issue. I purchased OP 7T 5 days back, only to find it is plagued with tint and false grayscale. Amazon replaced it and the new device has same issue but the area is larger. It's like half of the screen has pink tint and the rest has green tinit. Actually there are two issues:

1) Uneven tint on the whole screen

2) Green tint in gray or white color at certain ideal brightness. I use my phone around 30-40% brightness indoors and that's where the issue is at it's best.

I rely on Lightroom to edit my work pictures. And I'm very disappointed that i cannot use my phone as it shows false colors. A big no to Oneplus from me now on. I'll probably return my phone and get a K20 Pro. compared to 6T this display looks pathetic. the contrast is messed up, colors are inaccurate and I don't know it just has a very cheap feeling to it. like you just know looking at a display that it's cheap.

Reason for buying 7T was high price of nord, too much marketing (personally i feel that if you need to over hype something then it's probably bad) and discounts on 7T. It seemed like a no-brainer to me but now I regret every penny I gave this sham.

NO AMOUNT OF MARKETING CAN UNDERMINE THE POWER OF END USERS. The least you can do is to accept this issue and provide a hassle-free replacement during warranty period. don't be an ostrich.

1596390015576.jpg

1596390015602.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020

10. navneet0693
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

navneet0693 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Thank you very much guys for at least taking the stand. I am not sure when and how this will fixed but I am losing hope. This is my first ever OP device but I am disappointed.

Rahul_modi90 likes this.
  11. Rahul_modi90
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2020

Rahul_modi90 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Same bro....I will never recommend this to anyone.

12. gurpreetsingh00885
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2020

gurpreetsingh00885 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I was about to make the mistake of getting the 8 pro. Was aware of the display issues but didn't think they were so extensive (like most devices have them?!). Glad that I stumbled upon your tweet @yashonagori. I'm going to get the ROG 3 instead. Good luck to you guys with getting them to resolve the issue.
    Also I don't know what OP stands for now a days. They used to boast about how they listen to their community and what not. This thread (and countless others) tell a completely different story.
    I don't know if they can afford doing this given what Modi did to TikTok (they're a chinese company too and causing grievances to Indians and you never know!)

Also IMO since they haven't resolved the issues in the past couple of months there are only 2 possibilities - either they don't care anymore or they don't have a fix. I'd imagine that a team of competent engineers would be able to fix such a problem in 3 (?) months if it was software.

Dhruv144 likes this.
  13. H1593772403132
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

H1593772403132 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Its hardware so there is no fix atleast they should provide replacing the device with good display

14. Jack_Raider101
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

Jack_Raider101 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Do you know how to replace? I placed for replacement and there's no further response from OP. It just shows Pending arrival to Service Centre

15. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , Aug 3, 2020 :
    The saddest part is this terrible example of customer service, isn't even the worst I've seen from OnePlus. :'(

Amanda W. likes this.
  16. Jack_Raider101
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

Jack_Raider101 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Can anyone explain the replacement process to me please?

17. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , Aug 3, 2020 :
    It depends on what country you're in, but in the US, OnePlus hastily implemented an "advanced exchange" program where you can get a replacement instead of a repair. They didn't train any of their first-level support in this process, and I literally got into an argument about whether or not this process exists (I was giving them my advanced exchange ID, and they were insisting my phone was being repaired, despite the phone with the defect being in my hand).

18. ashwinmurali
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

ashwinmurali , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    New features developed by Oneplus:

*Stylish Punch Hole Band/Bar
    *Rainbow theme
    *Image Retention for multi tasking purposes
    *Screen Burn-in on brand new Amoled Panel to save precious battery.
    *Heating function for better blood flow.
    *AI Ghost touching, phone will play for you (reduced work load on extensive gaming sessions)
    *AI Ultra De-Noising for smooth and refined selfi shots with zero details (only for 8 series)
    *Expensive Ultra Pixel 2Mp macro lens for professional photography (only for regular oneplus 8)
    *Automated & Integrated HYPING system, users will be able to see the latest Oneplus launches simultaneously on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc etc
    *Rapid Action Customer Support (latest generation, instant replies for user queries, mails and tweets)

#justoneplusthings
    1596500025360.jpg
    Another luck Oneplus NORD user.

Attached Files:

Rafztafara, Dhruv144, the_o2 and 5 others like this.
  19. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Aug 4, 2020

yashonagori , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Holy cow this is so bad. Have they even tried calibrating this unit?

ashwinmurali likes this.
  20. SnoopBok
    Froyo Aug 4, 2020

SnoopBok , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I don't get it why OnePlus doesn't communicate about it. They stay silent, their customer support keeps telling it will be fixed by an update. On the other hand, they say it's an AMOLED thing.

Just tell your customers the real story.