1. Loveit
    KitKat Aug 4, 2020

Loveit , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Thanks for the laugh, very good. :D

ashwinmurali likes this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 4, 2020

B_Wrath , Aug 4, 2020 :
    It is an amoled thing. But they can't go and blame the panel manufacturer, can they? They are depended on that manufacturer.

And their idea of OTA is to increase the minimum brightness so that people don't notice the tint.

G_plusone likes this.
  3. Loveit
    KitKat Aug 4, 2020

Loveit , Aug 4, 2020 :
    This a user forum made up of customers just like you and me. If you have questions regarding the AMOLED panels then you should ask that company directly.

G_plusone likes this.
  4. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  5. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 4, 2020

B_Wrath , Aug 4, 2020 :
    What?

6. Loveit
    KitKat Aug 4, 2020

Loveit , Aug 4, 2020 :
    You asked if they can blame the panel manufacturer. This is a question no one here can answer, we are all just users.

Try Samsung directly perhaps.

7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 4, 2020

B_Wrath , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I didn't talk about the users, did I?
    I told OnePlus can't blame Samsung as they are dependant on them. Before trying to be sarcastic, try to understand the post.

8. Loveit
    KitKat Aug 4, 2020

Loveit , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I'll leave it there. I don't think you understand my point and not much point going over it really.

9. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Reading such claims or sarcasm leaves zero sense to post anything at all. Feels like the covid excuse, when each and every logistic delays/sales problems etc are pushed by covid, making it scapegoat.

10. ashwinmurali
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

yashonagori likes this.
  11. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Aug 4, 2020

yashonagori , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Hey, everyone did not face the issues. Some of us did and we did mention it in our reviews, especially @AbhilashSaikia who added the results of display tests.

12. Arjun Choudhry
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

Arjun Choudhry , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Cool down buddy. Like @yashonagori mentioned, not everyone is facing this issue. So they have no reason to report it in their reviews. Further, most of these reviews came out in April, while Yash and Abhilash posted their reviews in June, because they got the unit later, due to lockdown in India. Perhaps the issues weren't present or as noticable in previous batches, or perhaps, with newer updates, the issues became more apparent for users. Either way, you shouldn't go on blasting the Lab Reviewers just because they aren't facing the issue, or haven't updated their reviews.

13. palash1010
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

14. arkaprovo
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

arkaprovo , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I am facing red tint , green tint (only when the phone is on 60Hz) black crush issue in low brightness , The its weird thing is i have tested multiple times and the results are not consistent. Also it varies from application to application , I mostly get frequent black crush from netflix app. I am annoyed with the black crush issue because i watch a lot of movies in low light condition. What I would like to know if it is a normal behavior for all amoled screen with 120Hz refresh rate and 10 Bit display.
    [​IMG] https://imgur.com/waLLIwz
    [​IMG]
    This is a sample from amazon prime video movie named chief

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020

15. Arjun Choudhry
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

Arjun Choudhry , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Looks quite okay to me. But you would be the best judge, as pictures do not give the most accurate representation of the issues, as they sometimes exaggerate the issue, while other times, it shows it lesser

yashonagori likes this.
  16. arkaprovo
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

arkaprovo , Aug 5, 2020 :
    The irony is the oneplus 8 pro I am using right now, is a replacement unit (bought from amazon india), The first one had similar issues, however when i tried to return this and get a refund , amazon tried to convince me that this is not an issue at all, and oneplus will fix it via software update, as usual i was not convinced and then they refused to take a return and refund the amount.

17. Dhruv144
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

Dhruv144 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Dirty games from OnePlus

Hi, I am going through a very bad experience with OnePlus. My OP8 has a green tint issue.

I went to the service center on the 22nd while they tried to convince me that it is not an issue but the properties of an amoled display and is completely normal. I was told they would call me back but 2-3 days passed and I didn't hear from them. I went back and they had the same reply and asked me to wait a little more as they waited for a response from the company.

After 6 days I got a call from the service center and I was told that the replacement has been approved just for my satisfaction. However, there was a condition where in, if I faced the same issue in the replacement device, I cannot replace it again. Meaning if the new replacement had the same green tint issue, I cannot complain against.

Hence, now if I want to opt for replacement, I have to give in undertaking as a declaration (attached image)

What should I do now?

1596627528713.jpg

palash1010 likes this.
  18. Rahul_modi90
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

Rahul_modi90 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 5, 2020 :
    if the issues are really so high than you can take the risk..otheriwse don't go for replacement..because 99 % replacement unit have issue .I also went for replacement and I got the replacement but green tint and black bar issue is there on my screen .but it's not that much....So just think twice before signing this declaration.

19. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

ankitmaity , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Sign it, get a replacement and sue them if they refuse to replace a defective product. A forced declaration holds no water compared to consumer protection where the person pays for a product. Also note that it says LCD which OnePlus 8 doesn't use, but rather AMOLED, entirely different technologies.

20. palash1010
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

palash1010 , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    such declarations are unethical. This should be made viral IMO. Tweet it?