[The Lab] OnePlus 9 Pro - Phase 2 Review - First Impression & Unboxing ; Pine Green

1. northbay5566
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 28, 2021

blueskywhale likes this.
  2. blueskywhale
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Apr 28, 2021

northbay5566 and P1617443815503 like this.
  3. naresh_chauhan_1
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2021

4. P1617443815503
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2021

5. Nash7867
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2021

northbay5566 and blueskywhale like this.
  6. northbay5566
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 28, 2021

blueskywhale likes this.
  7. blueskywhale

ssman likes this.
  8. blueskywhale

ssman likes this.
  9. Pankaj07.iil
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2021

blueskywhale likes this.
  10. G1619867354805
    Cupcake May 1, 2021

G1619867354805 , May 1, 2021 :
    The result of your camera and the place where these pictures were taken both are very beautiful. i will suggest you to go muqeem and take more picture of this area. thanks

blueskywhale likes this.
  11. Junaidkhanpathan
    Cupcake May 3, 2021

blueskywhale likes this.
  12. blueskywhale
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 3, 2021

13. Junaidkhanpathan
    Cupcake May 3, 2021

blueskywhale likes this.
  14. blueskywhale
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 3, 2021

Stickied Post
    blueskywhale , May 3, 2021 :
    Monochrome The True Colourless

When i saw the Oneplus 9 Pro in leaks especially the quad camera setup co developed with Hasselblad, i never expected Monochrome camera as any of them among in the four cameras. My guess was it will be a dedicated macro lens or a depth sensor upgraded ones as we see in all smartphones nowadays. It was a surprise that 9 series is having a stand alone 2MP monochrome camera; and monochrome cameras are expensive.
    As we love photography we also have the love towards the million colours and also towards the single colour. Monochrome photographs are those images that shows different amount of light, but not a different hue. It brings out the life and essence of an image and totally change the mood of an image and the approach towards the image as a famous quote says "Color is descriptive. Black and white is interpretive.".

When i got hands on the phone i was confused and was searching for the option for the Monochrome camera, but i failed to find it how to use the Monochrome lens. When i saw @Zain Ali came up with some awesome photographs that he took with the monochrome camera on his review post and i asked for his guidance for how to switch to the Monochrome camera, he helped me to unfold it for me. Fun part is I have already taking pictures without knowing it's the Monochrome lens and having a thought of having a cool mono filter 😝
    It was on the coloured overprinting circles,
    Screenshot_20210502-223333__01.jpg
    also the filter menu placed on the right bottom of the camera interface. Then we have to swipe to the last filter named MONO. Yesss you're now seeing through the monochrome lens.
    Mono (5).jpg

Obviously you'll have the same doubt what i was having how a filter called Mono brings the Monochrome lens works; is that a gimmick to bluff me, then wait here is a trick for everyone to find the secret out

• Open the camera app
    • Switch to the Mono Mode using the filter menu
    • Then just cover the tiny camera right under the Main camera with your finger.
    Mono (6).jpg

• And yes it is you'll get a notification on screen. also you can notice the colour change while covering the lens.
    I will suggest to Oneplus please bring a custom mode for the Monochrome camera
    Screenshot_20210503-211939__01.jpg

The Monochrome Mode can be easily fit in here. It would be great...

Lets see some images taken through the Monochrome lens|

Mono (2).jpeg

we can see the image have better contrast and the blacks are high on the shadows as the light falls, the highlights and the whites are not over exposed on the image. Blacks and whites are well balanced throughout, Also the sharpness is good and way better than a 2MP sensor produces.

Mono (1).jpg

The details on the mono mode is finer; not an over sharpened image or over processed with enough details and texture. Contrast and texture plays a subtle role when the sensor having good lighting conditions

Mono (4).jpg

Here we can see that the tiny camera can get decent background blur and some slight bokeh circles over the highlights. Have a look at the texture on its body, the fur is not too sharpened or not too mushy, its seems as real as possible. The 2MP Monochrome tiny will turn into a beast in upcoming years.

Some more Images

Mono (1).jpeg
    Added some blur using snapseed

Mono (2).jpg

Mono (3).jpg

Contrast is high on both images on direct light source but in low light situations not on dark or night conditions. The below image was taken on a cloudy day the contrasts and shadows were too high the scene was a bit darkened without having enough light over the shadows, were the face wasn't clear due to the shadow.
    Mono.jpg

Slight edit helps to fix the face, he was curious why I'm taking his pic.. yeah you can read it in his face ;)
    Mono (3).jpeg

The tiny 2MP monochrome is worth to have as an independent lens, surprisingly good than a 2MP lens with better clarity and contrast, but i strongly recommend to Oneplus to have a custom mode for the Mono mode so that no one can scroll all the way down on the filters to find this gem.

Last edited: May 3, 2021

15. J.e.F
    Gingerbread May 3, 2021

J.e.F , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 3, 2021 :
    1st try in my garden😉
    Ramsons opened up a few days ago (also called wild garlic / bear's garlic, literally in French)
    1620064117266.jpg
    Taken with high resolution, normal mode, close to the flower.
    Tried macro option (so without high res), but didn't seem so good although I kept very close as per instruction.

1620064415824.jpg

blueskywhale likes this.
  16. DST20
    Cupcake May 4, 2021

17. Mohan_G
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 6, 2021

blueskywhale likes this.
  18. Rubenamwoke
    Cupcake May 6, 2021

Rubenamwoke , May 6, 2021 :
    I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN EXPRESS MY FEELINGS AND JUDGEMENT ABOUT ALL THIS HYPE. I HAVE IN MY HANDS THE 9PRO 5G. AND EVERYTHING WORKS AS A PHONE SHOULD. BUT ON MY POCKET AM HOLDING THE 7PRO. AM HOPPING THAT SOME MAJOR UPDATE TAKE ON AND THEN I MAY SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. BUT AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

blueskywhale likes this.
  19. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 7, 2021

rasta_firasta , May 7, 2021 :
    Loved the monochrome images 🤩

blueskywhale likes this.