[The Lab] Oneplus 9 Pro - Pine Green - Unboxing & Camera Review

1. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Jun 9, 2021

Stickied Post
    rasta_firasta , Jun 9, 2021 :
    PART 8: CAMERA REVIEW BY RASTA_FIRASTA

MILKY WAY PHOTOGRAPHY WITH THE HASSELBLAD PRO MODE.

What is Milkyway?

The Milky Way is a large barred spiral galaxy. All the stars we see in the night sky are in our own Milky Way Galaxy. / The Milky Way is the galaxy that includes our Solar System, with the name describing the galaxy's appearance from Earth: a hazy band of light seen in the night (Source: Internet)

Already, my teammate and friend Mohan have shared amazing Milkyway pictures and more information about the Milkyway in his Camera review. Please check his thread for amazing Astro shots.

Astro Photography with the Hasselblad Pro mode on OnePlus 9 Pro

I have already shared Astro images shot on the OnePlus 9 Pro in my thread of Long Exposure Photography. It's been two months and I never got a chance to shoot Milkyway with my OnePlus 9 Pro. As I said in my last thread, that I will miss shooting Astro shots for the next 3-4 Months because of the Monsoon. But finally, I got a chance to shoot this beautiful thing - our Galaxy!

Now, enjoy this beauty - These are one of the most beautiful, detailed images of the sky I've ever shot.

"Behind every atom of this world hides an infinite universe - Rumi"

PSX_20210609_135058.jpg

FireFly in the Galaxy!

While shooting the below image, a firefly came into the frame and created a beautiful light trail pattern. Such a beauty. This is a regular Milkyway picture, but Firefly accidentally changed the whole scene. That's why I captioned this picture as a Firefly in the Galaxy. looks like a Firefly is on the tour of Galaxy.

PSX_20210609_135333.jpg

As you can see in all pictures, the OnePlus 9 Pro has done a great job. All images are taken in RAW mode and Post-processed with Snapseed and Lightroom. ( RAW file developed in Snapseed and final color enhancement in Lightroom)

Post processing is very important part in the Astro Photographs. I decided to edit with dark bluish color tones as I have always imagined the night sky beauty.

Astro-Landscape

PSX_20210609_135140.jpg

Few more Milkyway images shot on OnePlus 9 Pro

PSX_20210609_135244.jpg

PSX_20210609_135354.jpg

PSX_20210612_123911.jpg

Settings used to Shoot Milkyway

ISO: 2500 - 3200 depends on light.
    Exposure time: 30 Sec
    White Balance: Manual - 3700K - 4100K
    Focus: Manually set to Infinity

Basic Tips for Astro / Starry Night Photography

1. Look for a clear / Dark and full of star sky. ( Away from the city/town/ Light polluted area)
      2. Avoid shooting in hazy/cloudy weather.
      3. You must use a tripod to avoid shake and for better stabilization.
      4. Silent the notification/turn off vibration as these things cause shake in pictures.
      5. Use the Stellarium app to track Milkyway.
      6. Shoot in RAW mode for more details and the best post-processing.
    Conclusion

I am using the OnePlus 9 Pro for the last 2 months and multiple software updates have improved the Camera and overall device performance. I have covered various photography genres and all camera features. It will help you to understand every camera feature and how to use it for different genres of Photography.

People who are waiting for a long time camera review to purchase this phone, please go for it, this is the best and beast.

I hope you liked these stunning Milkyway pictures. Please comment your feedback in the comment section and feel free to ask the queries.

Thank You!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021 at 11:24 AM

2. blueskywhale

blueskywhale , Jun 9, 2021 :
    Amazing shots

rasta_firasta likes this.
  3. rasta_firasta

4. sadak_freak
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2021 at 7:08 AM

5. Mohan_G
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Jun 10, 2021 at 12:28 PM

6. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Jun 10, 2021 at 3:48 PM

7. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Jun 10, 2021 at 3:50 PM

8. Aniketghule45
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2021 at 5:52 PM

9. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Jun 11, 2021 at 8:40 AM

10. NShankaraN
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2021 at 3:55 AM

11. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Jun 12, 2021 at 7:24 AM

12. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Jun 16, 2021 at 10:18 AM

rasta_firasta , Jun 16, 2021 at 10:18 AM :
    PART NINE - ONEPLUS NINE PRO CAMERA REVIEW

Hello Everyone!

Today I am going to share my Monochrome camera review and images from the monochrome lens.

Monochrome photography

Monochrome means a single color or the various shades of a single color. It includes all forms of black and white photography. Pictures containing shades of neutral gray ranging from black to white are monochrome.

Monochrome Camera on the OnePlus 9 Pro

The OnePlus 9 Pro has a 2 Megapixel Monochrome camera. This camera doesn't capture the monochrome images by itself, but it works together with the main 48MP camera to add details and layering to produce Monochrome images.

There is no direct option given in the camera UI to take monochrome images. As you can see in the below screenshot, you have to switch to one of the monochrome filters towards the last one called Mono.

Screenshot_20210616-114644__01-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20210616-114547 (1).jpg
    Mono filter which uses the monochrome lens

Monochrome while using the Super Macro mode & ultra-wide-angle lens

While using the super macro mode, you will not get the monochrome option in filters. The super macro mode uses the Ultra-wide angle lens and monochrome assists only the main camera. So you have to disable super macro mode while shooting monochrome pictures.

Also, if you are in the ultra-wide mode, you will get the Monochrome option, but the camera will automatically switch to the normal mode from the wide.

Monochrome while using the Telephoto lens

Same as the Ultra wide-angle mode, you will get the monochrome option. But
    the camera will automatically switch to the normal mode from the Telephoto.

Monochrome while using the Video mode

Monochrome doesn't support the video mode, but there is a B&W filter available for all video modes. Also, video mode has few other filters like vivid, vintage, etc.

Images from Monochrome lens

PSX_20210616_105436.jpg
    No edits

PSX_20210616_110244.jpg

Edited in Snapseed with Sepian tones

PSX_20210616_105919.jpg

PSX_20210616_144404.jpg

PSX_20210616_111237.jpg

PSX_20210616_110822.jpg

PSX_20210616_111015.jpg
    Shot with P3 Monochrome filter

Conclusion

Output from the monochrome lens performs very well. As you can see in the above pictures, I got detailed images from the monochrome lens.

Apart from the dedicated monochrome lens, shooting with the other monochrome filters is fun. P3 is one of my favorite monochrome filters.

Basic tips for Monochrome Photography
    1. Watch out for leading lines, shapes, and texture
    2. Better framing
    3. Look for contrast
    Monochrome Pictures has its audience, as it's more appealing than regular color pictures. As we use only tonal contrast to represent a subject, it makes images more dramatic.

I hope my review and images will help you to understand the monochrome lens on the OnePlus 9 Pro. If any queries about monochrome or any other camera feature, please feel free to ask.

With this 9th part of my camera review of the 9th series of OnePlus, I have finished all camera lenses with stunning pictures and helpful photography tips. Still, if anyone wants to know more about any other camera features on the OnePlus 9 Pro, drop your comment.

Thank You!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021 at 12:06 PM

13. Chise2000
    Donut Jun 16, 2021 at 10:20 AM