[The Lab] Oneplus 9 Pro - Pine Green - Unboxing & Camera Review

1. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Apr 13, 2021

rasta_firasta , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Yes! Camera bump has little bluish tint which looks slightly different than phones back 😁 and talking about Camera bump aesthetics... I don't think so that bump detracts from the aesthetics of the back.

Adesh.sanmukh and meatandy like this.
  2. rasta_firasta

Thanks bro 😊😀❤️

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  3. rasta_firasta

Thanks mate 😊❤️ Looking forward to your camera review 👍 Good luck buddy!

4. NShankaraN
    Jelly Bean Apr 13, 2021

5. rasta_firasta

rasta_firasta , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Thank you ❤️😊 Definitely ..soon I'll share the image's 🙌

Adesh.sanmukh and NShankaraN like this.
  6. Aakash Vishwakarma , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Hey chetan ,
    First of all a hearty congratulations for this huge one!
    I didn't feel that you are doing this for first time , its very well reviewed. The pine green looks gorgeous man!

Kudos to you and all the best for your future endeavours!
    Looking forward to see your long exposures😍😍😍

rasta_firasta and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  7. Aakash Vishwakarma , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Thats how the future camera phones are evolving with the big camera bumbs!

rasta_firasta and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  8. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Apr 16, 2021

rasta_firasta , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Thank You Aakash 🙌

Adesh.sanmukh and rasta_firasta like this.

11. rasta_firasta

12. rasta_firasta

13. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Apr 18, 2021

rasta_firasta , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Thank You!

14. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Apr 18, 2021

rasta_firasta , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Btw am fan of big Camera bumps !!!

15. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 20, 2021

16. Bittoo06
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2021

17. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Apr 21, 2021

Stickied Post
    rasta_firasta , Apr 21, 2021 :
    OnePlus 9 Pro: Camera Review by rasta_firasta

Hi Everyone!

After using my Oneplus 9 Pro for two weeks, I am ready to share my Camera review and experiences with the OnePlus 9 Pro.

Due to the COVID pandemic, my city is on lockdown and curfew. So I decided to travel to rural India. For the last ten days, I was exploring the western ghats of Maharashtra with my OnePlus 9 Pro. As I wanted to test the OnePlus 9 Pro's Camera in True Colors, the countryside was the best option.

I was testing and reviewing the OnePlus 9 Pro's camera for the last two weeks. I have captured more than 2000 No's of pictures on this device. OnePlus has done the perfect job by collaborating with Hasselblad, which gave us the chance to capture the true colors.

As I already told that my favorite genre is Long Exposure Photography. So I was excited to capture some stunning long exposure shots. As everyone is excited to see how much the image quality has improved on the camera of the 9 Pro with this new Hasselblad partnership, so it's time to share some of the best pictures taken on the OnePlus 9 Pro.

Before starting the review, let's have a quick look at the Key highlights of the OnePlus 9 Pro's Camera.

• Rear cameras: 1) Main Camera: Sony IMX789 48 MP, 1/1.43", f/1.8, DOL-HDR. 2) Ultra wide angle/macro: Sony IMX766 50MP, 1/1.56", f/2.2 3) Telephoto: 8MP, 3.3x zoom up to 30x Max.zoom, f/2.4. 4) Monochrome: 2MP.
    • Front camera: 1) Sony IMX471 16MP, f/2,4, fixed focus
    • Video Features: 1) Normal Video record at 8K @ 30fps & 4K @ 30/60/120fps. 2) Super Slow Motion at 720p @ 480fps and 1080p @ 240fps. 3) 4K time-lapse. 4) Nightscape Video 2.0
    Long Exposure Photography by using Pro mode

Pro Mode:
    Let's start with the Pro Mode on OnePlus 9 Pro. As you can see in the below picture, the camera app now uses a new shutter button which has an orange color shutter button like a Hasselblad Cameras.

Screenshot_20210420-135259.jpg

OnePlus 9 Pro's Pro mode offers to shoot in different formats like JPEG, High-resolution JPEG & RAW mode. At the bottom, you can see the multiple settings options like ISO Value, White balance, Shutter Speed, Exposure Value and Focus to get your best shot.

Steel wool Photography (Long Exposure)

What is Steel wool photography? Steel wool is a bundle of fine and flexible steel strips which is used to smoothen and clean working surfaces by jewelers or woodworkers etc. When you are spinning the burning Steel wool, long exposure captures the stunning spark pattern that the motion creates.

Shooting these types of pictures is a little risky. But in the end, feels worthy. Watching the pattern of every single park is thrilling.

Check out the stunning Steel wool photos shot on the OnePlus 9 Pro.

PSX_20210420_133333.jpg
    Reflection Steel Wool photography: Shot on OnePlus 9 Pro mode with High Resolution.

PSX_20210420_145734.jpg
    Shot on Pro mode of the OnePlus 9 Pro

PSX_20210420_151512.jpg
    Every single spark is worth to watch

Update on: 11.05.2021

PSX_20210511_102544.jpg

Settings used: ISO 100, White Balance: 3800K, Exposure time: 8 Sec.
    Post Processing: All images are slightly edited on Lightroom for little enhancement.

Things required for Mobile Steel wool Photography
    1. Pro Mode
    2. Fine grade Steel Wool
    3. Mobile Tripod
    4. Steel Whisk
    5. Lighter
    6. String
    7. Dark & Safe Location (Nearby waterside is a safe option)
    8. Safety gears & equipment like Hand gloves, Hoodie or jacket, and Cap, etc.
    9. One or more people for help
    Basic Tips to get best results in Steel wool Photography
    1. Always keep the ISO 100 or 200, so the image will not expose
    2. Plan to shoot in the evening or early morning blue hour, because the blue sky background creates the perfect composition.
    3. Set exposure time between 6 to 10 seconds, as it's enough time to capture the spinning motion.
    4. Lock the focus on the object by using a light indicator.
    5. Set White balance on Auto mode.
    6. Shoot near the waterside for reflections.
    7. Do creative things by spinning Steelwool horizontally and vertically.
    8. Use self-timer or shoot remotely to avoid shake in images.
    Creative Astro Photography / Starry Night

I am a huge fan of Astro Photography. When I was a child, I use to watch Discovery/Natgeo Astro programs. Collecting Planet, Galaxy, and Milkyway pictures from newspapers was one of my hobbies.

Now we're living in the 21st Century and many thanks to this amazing technology. I never thought of capturing this Astro beauty just from our mobile cameras. But as we are experiencing a huge revolution in mobile cameras, technology made it possible.

So talking about Astro Photography, this is one of my favorite genres of photography. I always try to shoot some creative Astro shots with torchlight. Now it's time to show some beautiful creative Astro shots taken on my OnePlus 9 Pro.

PSX_20210420_214135.jpg
    A sky full of Stars: Shot on Pro mode of OnePlus 9 Pro

PSX_20210420_224611.jpg
    Lost in Stars: Creative Astro Photography

Settings used: Image: 01 - ISO: 2000, White Balance: 4200K, Exposure time: 30Sec
    Settings used: Image: 02- ISO: 1600, White Balance: 4200K, Exposure time: 30Sec

Update on: 11.05.2021

PSX_20210511_101851.jpg

The greatest painting you look at is a sky full of stars.

PSX_20210511_101958.jpg

PSX_20210511_112636.jpg

+9: Creative Astro for OnePlus 9 Series

Settings used: Image: 03 - ISO: 2000, White Balance: 4200K, Exposure time: 30Sec
    Settings used: Image: 04 - ISO: 2500, White Balance: 4200K, Exposure time: 30Sec

Settings used: Image: 05 - ISO: 1600, White Balance: 4000K, Exposure time: 30Sec

Post Processing: All images are edited on Lightroom for color enhancement.

Basic Tips for Astro / Starry Night Photography

1. Look for a clear sky.
    2. Avoid shooting in hazy/cloudy weather.
    3. Use Torchlight to shoot creative astrophotos.
    4. You must use a tripod to avoid shake and for better stabilization.
    5. Silent the notification/turn off vibration as this thing causes shake in pictures.
    6. Use the Startracker app to track Milkyways or Planets and Intervalometer for Star Trails.
    7. Try to shoot in RAW mode for more details. ( Disadvantage: Grainy Images). Also, you can shoot in High resolution which gives you good details and grain-free images.
    Also, you can check my thread on Astro Photography for more details.
    ( Check below link)
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/astro-photography-long-exposure-tips.1406875

Natural Color Calibration with Hasselblad

The main purpose of the collaboration with Hasselblad is Natural Color Calibration. Just check out the below image and tell me what you see? The first word that will come to your mind is TRUE COLORS! Below posted picture is taken on the main camera of the OnePlus 9 Pro with the high-resolution mode.

Yes! Look at the colors, sharpness, details everything looks so perfect. I am totally satisfied with the color processing of the Camera. I must say this is the best smartphone camera I've ever used.
    Below posted picture is taken on the main camera of the OnePlus 9 Pro with the high-resolution mode.

PSX_20210420_130702.jpg
    Sunflower: Shot on OnePlus 9 Pro's main 48MP Camera with High-Resolution mode.

Post Processing: image is edited on Lightroom for shadows & highlight work.

Guys, I have a little surprise for you. Never Settle wallpaper, which is 100% shot on the OnePlus 9 Pro. (To download this wallpaper use the below link)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13OSEXM_NrZUdYcxnUm_3axHg7_6nBu0A/view?usp=sharing
    Never Settle Wallpaper by rasta_firasta.jpg

This is for the day. Hope you guys liked these amazing photos taken on the OnePlus 9 Pro. Please comment your views on these photos.

Also, feel free to ask any queries about camera features.

In the next thread, we will discuss other amazing features of the Oneplus 9 Pro camera.

The next topics will be,
    1. Natural Color Calibration
    2. Super Macro Mode
    3. Ultra Wide Angle ( To be Continued.....)

Thank You
    rasta_firasta(Chetan)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021

18. rasta_firasta

Adesh.sanmukh and SRD. like this.
  19. rasta_firasta

Bittoo06 and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  20. Thenickclicks , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Amazing Bhai 😍