Donut May 6, 2021

rasta_firasta likes this.
  2. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 7, 2021

Stickied Post
    rasta_firasta , May 7, 2021 :
    PART 3: ONEPLUS 9 PRO CAMERA REVIEW BY RASTA_FIRASTA

Hello Everyone!

This week I am going to share some colorful portrait pictures shot on the OnePlus 9 Pro.

We have already discussed a lot about the OnePlus collaboration with Hasselblad. So it's time to enjoy some true colors from the OnePlus 9 Pro’s lens.

Portraits & Natural Colour Calibration

A portrait is about capturing the person's character, identity, and attitude that evokes feelings in the viewers. Most people think the portrait is a just photograph of a person's face. But in my opinion, a portrait could be something about the person you are photographing.

Below pictures are taken with Ultra-wide mode of OnePlus 9 Pro and edited on Snapseed. As we have discussed in my last thread, there is no distortion from Ultra-wide pictures. Color processing looks so perfect, which is the result of the OnePlus-Hasselblad collaboration. Kudos to Hasselblad – OnePlus collaboration.

Portrait with Ultra-wide camera

PSX_20210506_200407.jpg

PSX_20210507_110038.jpg

As you can see in the above pictures, the girl is expressing her love for flowers. Her dress, pose making a perfect composition that represents her personality here.

PSX_20210507_124131.jpg

IMG_20210506_094452-01.jpeg

PSX_20210508_203247.jpg

I Choose this background and dress color on purpose, as I wanted to see the color processing of primary colors. The good thing is Ultra-wide has performed very well with colors same as a primary lens of the OnePlus 9 Pro.

Portrait with dedicated Portrait Mode

The OnPlus 9 Pro uses a primary lens to shoot portrait images. When we open a portrait mode, by default it goes to a 2X zoom. You can switch it to full view if there is more than one person or you want to shoot a portrait with more field.

PSX_20210507_091248.jpg
    Captured with full view or group Portrait mode

As you can see in the above picture, the OnePlus 9 Pro does an amazing job here with isolating the main object with a bokeh effect. Details, color processing looks perfect (especially a skin tone.)

IMG_20210506_092932_Bokeh-01.jpeg
    Captured with 2X Portrait mode

I liked the details at the edge of hairs and hands, as subject isolation from blurred background done perfectly by portrait mode. But, sadly there is no option to adjust the depth/blur effect.

IMG_20210506_093707_Bokeh-01.jpeg
    Captured with 2X Portrait mode

So as you can see above images, portrait mode gives good details, natural colors, and the best subject isolation from a blurred background. Except, there is no option for adjusting blur strength, portrait mode performs very well in this segment.

Light and shadow: Portraits with the Main Camera

The 48MP main camera has a custom-built IMX-789 sensor which is co-engineered with Sony. The main camera manages to click amazing shots with the perfect balance of exposure and natural colors.

PSX_20210507_093241.jpg

This picture is taken with the main camera of the OnePlus 9 Pro. The picture is clicked at the time of sunrise, so low light performance is very good. As you can see, the picture is noise-free in low light. Also, using HDR helped to recover shadows and highlights to produce detailed images.

PSX_20210507_093824.jpg

PSX_20210507_110332.jpg

PSX_20210507_112506.jpg

I used natural light to shoot all these portraits. Shooting in morning or evening natural light allows you to play with composition without expensive set-up. And of course, natural lights are totally free. Right?

PSX_20210507_125946.jpg
    Captured on the Main Camera

Observation and conclusion

While shooting in daylight, I didn't face the overheating issue this time.

The camera switching time from Ultra-wide to main to telephoto feels laggy and slow.

Also, while shooting with the low-resolution mode you will observe little noise in images. But if you are shooting in Pro mode at the same resolution, you can fix this by lowering the ISO value.

I am satisfied with the performance of the camera while shooting these portraits with different modes. By slightly playing with Pro mode settings, you can shoot Pro-level portraits. Also, portrait mode is capable to click some detailed portraits with blurry background.

Tips to shoot good portraits
    1. Shoot in good lighting condition (I prefer natural light in the morning) .
    2. Look for a good background as per your theme or subject.
    3. Always focus on your object.
    4. Make unique composition with light and shadows or model cloths and background.
    5. Shoot with an HDR mode to get detailed pictures.
    6. Direct / Guide person for posing.
    7. Good post-processing.
    Hope these portraits will help you more to understand the Camera of the OnePlus 9 pro. I will come back with few more amazing pictures of another genre of photography. Till then, be safe and take care of yourself and your family.

If any queries, feel free to ask and comment your views on these portrait pictures.

Thank You.

Last edited: May 8, 2021

3. rasta_firasta

4. blueskywhale

blueskywhale , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 7, 2021 :
    Awesome those colors are really matching in every frame ✨✨

5. dom_k

6. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 8, 2021

rasta_firasta , May 8, 2021 :
    Thanks a lot, mate! :)

7. rasta_firasta

rasta_firasta , May 8, 2021 :
    Thanks, Dom :):) Glad you liked it!

dom_k likes this.
  8. Mohan_G

9. rasta_firasta

10. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 10, 2021

rasta_firasta , May 10, 2021 :
    Are you facing any issues with these apps?

11. Zain Ali
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 12, 2021

Zain Ali , May 12, 2021 :
    Very nice portraits and tips! Bravo

12. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 12, 2021

rasta_firasta , May 12, 2021 :
    Hey thanks Zain! Glad you liked it 😀🙏

13. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 16, 2021

Stickied Post
    rasta_firasta , May 16, 2021 :
    PART 4: CAMERA REVIEW BY RASTA_FIRASTA

Hello Everyone!

So this week, I am going to share a few Silhouette photos, Nature colors, and Street portraits from the ultra-wide-angle, and the main camera. Still, I haven't shared any pictures from the Monochrome lens and video samples from the OnePlus 9 Pro. I am working on these both and will share some surprising results in the upcoming two weeks.

Silhouette Photography with Pro Mode

Silhouette Photography is a creative genre of photography. In Silhouette Photography, your main subject is always dark/black against the bright background.

You can shoot the Silhouette images with direct photo mode, but Pro mode is a great option to take the best silhouette pictures. OnePlus 9 Pro has a Hasselblad Pro Mode, which helped me to manually control and fine-tune the photos as per my requirement.

IMG_20210406_190123 (3).jpg
    Edited in Lightroom with B&W Selenium tones

While shooting silhouette pictures, control over ISO, exposure, and white balance is very important to maintain the right tones and contrast in the object and background. Usually, I prefer to shoot the Silhouette images at sunset time. While shooting in low light at sunset time, the OnePlus 9 Pro has performed very well.

IMG_20210406_190447-01.jpeg

Hasselblad Pro Mode delivers images with accurate and natural colors, which is very important for post-processing. I always experiment with the Pro mode settings for both Night and daylight photography. OnePlus 9 Pro never disappointed me in Pro Mode. Honestly, I am loving the Pro mode on the OnePlus 9 Pro except there's no support for an Ultra-wide angle lens.

IMG_20210426_070025-02.jpeg

As we know, most users use the Photo mode only. For the users who never use the Pro mode, I believe my review will help you to understand the Pro mode. Once you start using it, you are going to love it. Because by using the Hasselblad Pro mode, you can capture some professional-level photos just from your smartphone.

Basic tips and tricks for Silhouette Photography

For the tips and tricks, check out the below link of my thread on Silhouette Photography

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/mobile-photography-tips-tricks-1-silhouette-photography.1404660/

Natural Color Calibration?

Colors of Nature

The below picture is captured on the main camera in normal photo mode. Each time the camera surprising me with the color calibration technology of the Hasselblad. This picture is slightly edited in the lightroom for recovering highlights only.

PSX_20210516_225908.jpg

Evening Scenes

We have already discussed a lot about the Ultra-wide angle camera. I am using this more than any other camera mode on the OnePlus 9 Pro. Capturing distortion-free landscapes, portraits, and perspective street shots with an Ultra-wide angle lens is the real fun.

PSX_20210514_110217.jpg

Not only distortion-free images, but color processing is as good as the main camera. This wide sensor delivers the best-enhanced images with lower noise.

IMG_20210406_180220 (1)-01.jpeg

Let's have a look at few colorful wide-angle pictures shot with an Ultra-wide angle camera.

Street Photography: The Fishermen's story

While coming from the office, I saw this fisherman and his son fishing in the river. As it's pre-monsoon time in India, the weather is good here. Blue sky, greenery, ripples in water, etc. perfect composition.

Now, Enjoy this set of pictures.

PSX_20210516_225340.jpg

PSX_20210516_225010.jpg

PSX_20210516_225108.jpg

PSX_20210516_225203.jpg

As you can see in the above images, the Ultrawide angle camera has delivered some of the best images with natural colors (Esp. RGB), detailing on the water surface, in short, the best foundation for post-processing.

Street Portraits

While exploring the Western ghats of Maharashtra, this shepherd saw me shooting pictures with the OnePlus 9 Pro. He was curious about the phone. His smile and face were the perfect combinations for the portrait.

That was the first time I used the portrait mode on the OnePlus 9 Pro. As you can see, the details and color look pretty impressive.

You can check more about my Portrait mode review in the last thread - Part 3 Camera review

IMG_20210406_174018_Bokeh (1) (1).jpg
    Shepherd from the Western ghats of Maharashtra, India

The below picture is the same as the above with the addition of Red Gamucha. Gamucha is a traditional cotton towel that people use in various Indian regions.

These both pictures are some of my favorite shots on the OnePlus 9 Pro.

IMG_20210406_174048_Bokeh (1).jpg
    Smile! it's free therapy.

Observations & Conclusion

• Both Main & Ultra-wide cameras deliver the images with 100% true colors.
    • Low light performance is at its best.
    • Detailed and noise-free images on Ultra-wide angle lens.
    • Captured over 500 images with an Ultra-wide angle lens, and I am 100% sure that there is no distortion at the edges. Kudos to the free-form lens.
    • No wide-angle support in pro Mode.

I hope these photos and my experiences with the OnePlus 9 Pro will help you understand more about the Camera.

It's been a month I am using the OnePlus 9 Pro. Now, I can confidently say that this is the best smartphone I have ever used with the best Camera, great battery performance, and buttery smooth UI experience.

Next week I'll be back with more photos and my review on Super-Macro mode. Till then, take care of your family and yourself. Be safe!

Thank You!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2021

14. dom_k
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2021

dom_k , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , May 17, 2021 :
    Nice continue! 😊 Keep going I like your work

15. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2021

dom_k likes this.
  16. Mohan_G
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 18, 2021

17. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 18, 2021

18. Zain Ali
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 19, 2021

Zain Ali , May 19, 2021 :
    Great post! I really liked the Fisherman Story series! Well done!

19. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 22, 2021

rasta_firasta , May 22, 2021 :
    Thanks a lot, Zain! :)

20. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer May 24, 2021

Stickied Post
    rasta_firasta , May 24, 2021 :
    PART 5: CAMERA REVIEW BY RASTA_FIRASTA

Landscape Photography with the OnePlus 9 Pro

What is Landscape Photography?

Capturing the essence of nature or view of man-made creations like buildings, highways or bridges, etc. A good Landscape picture could be a delight for the viewer. In short, a viewer can feel the place/view while seeing the picture.

Monsoon Scenes in India and the magic of Telephoto lens.

The much-awaited season, monsoon is finally here. The most beautiful season in India, as this is the perfect time for exploring India. Especially western ghats are a delight for the eyes.

IMG_20210520_071521.jpg

As the monsoon is here, drylands started turning into green lush. The perfect season to watch and capture beautiful landscapes. I am glad that I have a OnePlus 9 Pro to shoot these beautiful lands of the western ghats. Capturing the true colors of nature is a different level experience for me. Thanks to the OnePlus-Hasselblad collaboration.

IMG_20210520_071504.jpg

The above pictures captured with a Telephoto lens on the OnePlus 9 Pro. The Telephoto camera has an 8MP sensor with an f2.4 aperture and 3.3x Optical zoom maxing out at 30x digital zoom.

As you can see in the above picture, the telephoto lens delivers images with good details and colors. Both pictures edited in Lightroom and a bit smoothened to enhance the green. If you are shooting in good lighting conditions, digital zoom is sufficient to produce good quality images.

Speaking about noise, at low light little noise observed at 3.3x zoom. Overall, the Telephoto lens is capable to shoot beautiful pictures with good details and colors.

IMG_20210520_081444-01-01-01.jpeg
    Landscape with Ultra-wide Angle Camera.

Day at Windmill site

As I said, Monsoon has changed the whole scene of nature. Capturing these thousand shades of nature with the OnePlus 9 Pro is the best mobile photography experience.

Look at these beautiful scenes, it reminds the Microsoft Windows wallpapers.

PSX_20210524_103805.jpg

PSX_20210524_104104.jpg

We had already discussed a lot about the main camera performance. Now, it's time to enjoy the stunning pictures from the main Camera of the Oneplus 9 Pro.

PSX_20210524_121353.jpg

PSX_20210524_121106.jpg

PSX_20210524_121224.jpg

PSX_20210524_121311.jpg

Shot on OnePlus 9 Pro with Ultra-wide Angle lens.

All pictures are taken at different lighting conditions to capture the different shades of blue.

Drone Shots..?? Nope! shot on OnePlus 9 Pro :D

While exploring my hometown, I saw this heavy water flow at the rocky area in the river. Because of heavy water flow & waves, white foam formed on the water surface.

I clicked these pictures with a different perspective to create the view like a drone/ariel shot. Sometimes, different perspectives can make the normal picture more creative.

PSX_20210524_164245.jpg

While clicking the pictures, I was standing on a bridge on the river. I shot these images by using the selfie stick and holding it flat on water flow.

PSX_20210524_164407.jpg
    Both images are taken with the main camera of the OnePlus 9 Pro.

I hope you guys liked all the Landscape pictures. Please drop your comments about the pictures.

Also, one more thing, I have worked on the Slomo video, which I am planning to share in the upcoming thread. After the upcoming thread, I will share the Super macro mode images.

I will come back with Slomo video and burst mode pictures in the next thread. Till then, take care of yourself and your family.

If any queries related to the camera or the device, please feel free to ask.

THANK YOU!

Last edited: May 24, 2021