[The LAB] OnePlus 9 Pro REVIEW : A giant leap for OnePlus?

1. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 9, 2021

the_o2 and Junjun Baccay like this.
  2. Nipu_1998

Nipu_1998 , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Thanks mate❤️

the_o2 likes this.
  3. Rcoupe_XBM
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

Rcoupe_XBM , Apr 9, 2021 :
    I do agree--- i was using previus devices - as also samsung s20... AND haptics HERE are way way new lavel of performance. This is great work.

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  4. Nipu_1998

The haptics of OnePlus devices have improved a lot from the previous generations.
    Now the haptics are tight and precise.
    I was a person who usually switches off the haptics on phones owing to their poor haptics (on xiaomi, vivo and even the Nord)
    But i am really enjoying the haptics on 9 Pro. It has got a nice feel and premium touch.

5. Rcoupe_XBM
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

Rcoupe_XBM , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Agree - same here, i did also turn off haptics on devices previusly owned. This time well i must say i do prefer them ON ;)

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  6. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2021

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  7. Nipu_1998

Thank you brother

sumitMZ007 likes this.
  8. Maltad , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Definitely only get half a day of battery life with usage. Luckily it charges very fast. Didn't get the screen protector or case here in the States with my purchase from phone carrier. Did purchase a tempered glass protector from a seller. Wish that Oneplus had it with the phone launch.

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  9. Nipu_1998

Hi,
    Seems like you are a heavy user.
    In my testing, i found that the battery was able to power the device throughout a day on medium usage ( with social media apps, light gaming and camera usage). But on heavy usage, i needed a quick top-up to reach the end of the day.
    The 65 W wired has insane speeds and it does compensate for the shortcomings in battery life.

The inbox contents changes according to the region.
    The case and scree protector provided are just to keep the device safe until we get a good quality one. I have switched to the sandstone case on my device. Its one of the best cases available for 9 Pro. The Sandstone texture helps a lot in gripping the phone. The edges are also designed to maximize the drop protection and grip.

10. lividram
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

lividram , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Nope, it's by no means a leap for OnePlus... So disappointed in this series.

11. Maltad , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 9, 2021 :
    I definitely am a heavy user. I did order a case and screen protector as soon as I ordered the phone. Somehow phones don't like to stay in my hands and go flying across places or just fall. Luckily with my previous oneplus devices all a ever need is a steady stream of screen protectors. I purchase them in bulk as I have broken them hours into replacing them.

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  12. Junjun Baccay
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

Junjun Baccay , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Have you tested or checked the adaptive screen refresh rate of the OnePlus9 Pro? Can it really go as low as 1 Hz? I'm really curious about that. Thanks

13. Nipu_1998

Hi,
    In my testing using the frame rate counter in developer settings, I could only find the screen refresh rate values of 120 and 60 Hz. Being surprised by this, I dug into various sources about display technology and found that the that's built into the Android Developer tools is not yet compatible with the LPTO tech. So I am not able to show some physical evidence for that.
    In my usage experience, I did find the variable refresh rates kicking in and the display showing a sort of inertia while scrolling from static content. It takes a second for the refresh rates to kick in and reach the 120 Hz. So definitely, there is some refresh rate switching happening in the background.
    The article linked below contain more details about VRR. You can also refer it to get more insights on Samsung LTPO panels (the same holds true for OnePlus).
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/1606...fresh-rate-display-explained-vrr-note20-ultra

Junjun Baccay likes this.
  14. Kanji Kher
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

Kanji Kher , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Hello OnePlus team

I love oxygen os and i am using OnePlus phone last 5 years and now i am using OnePlus 9 Pro and We always happy with OnePlus phone and now some changes in ui is nesecary like that status bar blur and we need deep black in setting and now OnePlus 9 Pro change call dialer to google dialer but its not user friendly so please change it.
    I hope so something new to oxygen os...

Never settle is always right...

Thanks

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  15. rayprayas03
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2021

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  16. Dlappas
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  17. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 10, 2021