[The LAB] OnePlus 9 Pro Review by Photo Picker

1. PhotoPicker
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Mar 27, 2021

PhotoPicker , Mar 27, 2021 :
    PicsArt_03-27-05.02.48.jpg
    Hey Guys,​
    Let me start this off by introducing myself, I'm Karthik, I'm a Law student, from Kerala, India.
    I love talking pictures.Nature is my most favourite subject. TBH, I'm not a professional photographer, I've learnt basics of astrophotography during the pandemic. While we've forced to stay inside our house, I've used that time to learn more about photography.

When I applied for The LAB entries, I never thought that I would be selected to review the New OnePlus 9 Series. When I got an email from @Eric X. I couldn't believe my eyes. At first I thought it was a prank by my friends. Then I got another mail with instructions and more details. I was like, Hurray!! I was so happy. I was so curious about the New OnePlus 9 series, because of the Hasslelblad - OnePlus Collaboration. I'm so Proud to be in The LAB Reviewer's Team of OnePlus 9 Series.
    I would particularly like to thank
    @Crystal Z.,@Eric X.,@dsmonteiro for choosing me to review the New OnePlus 9 Pro. As well as the Logistic people in India for shipping it safely during the pandemic.

As a Photographer and a Camera enthusiast, I was so excited to review New OnePlus 9 Series, made in collaboration with Hasselblad and OnePlus. Hasselblad is a famous Swedish manufacturer of medium format cameras. Which used to capture the most iconic moments of Human On Moon.

As a highlight, the successor to the OnePlus 8 Pro comes with a camera that is backed by OnePlus' new-formed partnership with Swedish optics major Hasselblad, an epic 120 Hz display, a 5-layer cooling system for gaming, 65T Warp Charging, and more.

OnePlus states that users can expect true-to-life color and natural skin tones on the New OnePlus 9 Series.

After a long wait (not so long) I got The New OnePlus 9 Pro 5G 12GB/256GB Morning Mist Variant. and here is my Review of the device.

So without further ado let's get started.

Contents

Unboxing & Design

Display

Battery & Charging

Camera

Performance

Oxygen OS

Summary

Unboxing and Design

The OnePlus 9 Pro seems like a OnePlus phone from the first instance. The design language has not changed at all, despite the new prominent quad-camera block. That is a statement in itself, accented by the Hasselblad branding below it.

The review unit I got came in the Morning Mist colour, which is very interesting, almost a metallic finish that gives a foggy look on one side of the phone. Yes, the phone has a design that will make it stand out.

OnePlus products are known for its Premium Quality and Durability. The OnePlus 9 Pro comes in a Typical OnePlus Red Box with both OnePlus and Hasselblad branding.
    IMG_20210327_160955 (1).jpg
    OnePlus 9 Pro Box
    The Box is so premium and the build quality is top notch. #NeverSettle
    So let's see what's inside
    Peekaboo!!!!
    IMG_20210327_181901_1.jpg
    Peekaboo ( The Oneplus 9 Pro 5G )
    The OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist looks so awesome with a Gray and Black Gradient Color. It resembles fog on a Glossy Mirror. You can exactly see your face in it. Looks so premium.

We can see wireless charging coils is illustrated on the Plastic Cover, attention to Detail!!!
    IMG_20210327_181927.jpg
    Everything is Wireless
    Glossy Morning Mist

Inside the Box You'll get ,
    • Welcome letter
    • Quick start guide
    • Safety information
    • OnePlus Stickers
    • Sim Tray Ejector tool
    • Red Cable Club membership card
    • SAR value information
    • Grey TPU Case
    • Pre-applied screen protector.
    • WARP charge 65 adapter
    • USB Type C - Type C Charging Cable

IMG_20210327_162432.jpg
    Everything you need

The OnePlus 9 Pro comes with a Pre-applied Plastic Screen Protector which prevents you from scratching the Next Gen LTPO Fluid Display 2.0. There is no Tempered Glass Protectors available yet. So I'm not gonna remove the screen protector. I don't like scratching the display.
    The device is accompanied by a Grey TPU Case which is quite comfortable and it does the job. It cover up the front edges and the Camera Bump.

The cameras placed in a rectangular box on the top left corner, barely jut out of the already slim body. The new camera array looks so premium. It is changed from the center portion of the back to the left corner.It is so convenient for me to attach external lens (Macro, Anamorphic) or ND filters.
    Compared to OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 9 Pro is so sleek and slim. That's a better thing in terms of the new design. It's more refined and refreshed for better one-handed experience. You don't feel any discomfort while using the device.
    IMG_20210327_160400_1.jpg
    Is it really a Bump? I don't think so

The smartphone comes with a new design. It features a Glossy glass back and the sides built with aluminium instead of plastic and offers a premium look. I'm not a big fan of glossy back. I know it looks so premium but, it will look like a crime scene after holding the device for few minutes. You should hide the premium glossy back with a good back cover to prevent it from the fingerprints!

OnePlus 9 Pro is a tall device with a 6.67-inch display. The phone is so comfortable in hand. It's so lightweight and handy. With a thin 2.2mm aluminium frame, the device is very well balanced and comfortable to hold even for extended periods of time. I didn't feel any discomfort while using the device.
    Preset Fujifilm (15).jpg
    Slim and sleek

OnePlus is the one and only smartphone manufacturer, who provides Alert slider on android devices. It is so convenient. You don't need to unlock your phone to put it in silent or vibrate.The Alert slider and Power button are placed on the right side of the screen while the Volume rockers are placed on the left.

The volume rockers and the power button are placed in a good position, which can be reached with ease. One-hand experience is pretty much good with OnePlus 9 Pro. I was able to reach all buttons with ease. Thanks to the New design.
    Preset Fujifilm (14).jpg
    Alert slider

Display

OnePlus 9 Pro is a tall device with a 6.67-inch display. The phone offers an AMOLED Fluid Display 2.0 with LPTO technology for low power consumption. Now spanning 6.7-inches across with a 20.1:9 aspect ratio, the OnePlus 9 Pro’s Super AMOLED display curves gently on the sides, beautifully balancing ergonomics and accidental touches.
    I'm so scared of the curved displays because of the accidental touches. The curve on the screen is pretty much subtle, which will prevent accidental touches.

Compared to standard LTPS displays LTPO display is more efficient and it reduces the power consumption by 50%. With the Hyper Touch feature the display is much more responsive while gaming. The feature will increase the syncing speed between the processor and the display to 360Hz. Which is 6x faster than before. The screen is so responsive. I've played some games, and I'm far impressed with the display.

The screen response is so seemless and smooth. The touch response of the display is impressively upgraded. The display is crisp, vibrant, smooth and colour accurate. The new Fluid Display 2.0 brings true flagship performance.
    Preset Fujifilm (13).jpg
    The Hyper responsive playground

With a resolution of 1440 x 3216 and 1,300 nits of peak brightness, visuals would always pop out with excellent dynamic range, sharpness and vibrance. The display perform very well in Daylight. Even in the most sunny days of March the you can see the contents on the display without any glare.
    ( I've encountered an issue with the display while using Dark Mode on bright sunlight. The black screen turned into a grey colour, I don't really know what was the reason behind it )
    IMG_20210406_141518.jpg
    Shades of Grey

Preset Fujifilm (8).jpg
    Fluid Display 2.0

The OnePlus 9 Pro comes with smart 120Hz feature, which automatically changes the screen refresh rate according to the usage, The screen has a variable refresh rate ranging from 1Hz to 120Hz. It is pretty much helpfull to reduce the battery consumption. You can choose either smart 120Hz or standard 60Hz refresh rate as your choice. I've had so much fun watching movies and videos on the Fluid 2.0 display.
    Preset Fujifilm (9).jpg
    Smooth to So-Smooth

Talking in terms of the display, I'm not a great fan of curved display because of the Ghost touches. The slight curve is designed to prevent Ghost touches (mis-touches).
    Compared with the previous generation, the curved display of the OnePlus 9 Pro have a slight curve screen, which is carefully optimised to minimize discoloration.

Preset Fujifilm (12).jpg
    Slight Curved Display
    It comes with a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass on the top. Even if it's not a critical curve, I would recommend a Curved Tempered Glass Protector and a Good back cover for extra safety to protect it from accidental drops.

The only thing which I really don't like is the positioning of Fingerprint Scanner. It has moved all the way down to the bottom of the display, and sometimes I feel difficult in reaching the scanner. But it's okay, eventually I'll get used to it.
    Fujifilm.jpg
    Fingerprint Reader
    The 16 mega pixel front camera is placed on the top left corner of the screen instead of the pop-up camera which we've seen on OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T Pro. The punch hole can be hide by expanding the display cutout in the settings.
    I personally love punch hole camera other than the Water drop notch camera and pop-up camera. As it placed on the side It won't affect your screen experience while playing games or streaming.
    IMG_20210402_074201_1.jpg
    Punch Hole camera on the top left corner
    Yes, OnePlus 9 Pro comes with a true flagship display. It's so responsive and smooth. Trust me you gonna love it. I didn't face any issues with the display like discoloration, hole-punch banding which is present on the OnePlus 8 pro.

The most interesting feature about the is the Motion Graphic Smoothing and Ultra-high video resolution functions. In this mode, the video frame rate will be raised inorder to making the graphics more clearer and smoother. It makes online streaming more effective and seemless. You can experience every tiny bit of the video in detail. It works with most of the steaming apps like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. Motion Graphics smoothing feature is only effective during full-screen mode.

Overall it is the best true flagship display out there. If you're more concerned about a device with an amazing display, OnePlus 9 Pro is for you.​
    ___​
    Battery & Charging
    OnePlus 9 Pro has a 4500mAh battery with an improved dual cell design, which helps to reduce internal resistance and heating while Charging the device.
    As many nice things as I’ve had to say about the OnePlus 9 Pro, there is a pretty big issue, battery life on this phone is not that good at all. Despite the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, LTPO display, and OnePlus claims of a better battery life, the OnePlus 9 Pro's battery performance is Average Only ( for excessive use ). You can get a full day battery life on your medium usage.
    Talking about the battery life, the OnePlus 9 Pro can stay awake a whole day for a minimal user. If you're a heavy user the battery will be nearly empty after few hours. It drains so fast. It can be optimised with a software update, I guess.
    Screenshot_20210404-104548.jpg

With my experience including Social Media (Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat, Telegram) , Camera usage, few minutes of Online streaming, I managed to get around 6 hours SOT.
    On my excessive use with Call Of Duty Mobile, couple hours on social media and couple minutes of video streaming, it gave only 4 hours SOT .
    (Mobile data were turned on, GPS- Off, DarkMode were turned on)
    After couple of hours it made me to put it down to WARP Charge.
    Thanks to the Super-fast Charging. It passed 60% within 15-20 minutes.
    Even if the battery drains so fast, you can boost it up so quick with WARP charge.
    I was quite busy for the first two days after getting my device, so my moderate usage on those days gave me around full day battery life.
    Screenshot_20210402-160006.jpg
    The battery usage

During my test time I was using smart 120hz refreshing rate, and QHD+ resolution all the time. Adaptive brightness and Dark mode were turned on. After switching to 60hz and FHD+ resolution the battery last around 6~7 hours.
    Over several days of testing, I was so disappointed by the Battery Life of the device. But so much satisfied with the Charging speed.
    Fujifilm (4).jpg
    65T WARP Charge Adapter

Charging

OnePlus 9 Pro uses 65T WARP charging. New improvised dual cell design helps to reduce internal resistance and heating while charging the device. The device can be fully charged from 1 - 100% in 29 minutes according to what company claims.

As the battery could be drained easily for a heavy user, you should charge the device as fast as possible. Thanks to WARP charge 65T. It is so quick.
    OnePlus 9 Pro also supports wireless charging, up to a mind-blowing 50W with the OnePlus Wireless Charger. The OnePlus 9 Pro can charge just as quickly.

Fujifilm (5).jpg
    WARP Charging

While testing it took around 35 - 37 minutes to fully charge the device (wired charging) , and the device went 42°c ~ 43°c. But it got cooled down so quick.
    The Outside temperature also affect charging speed. so to test it out I put it on an air-conditioned room, and still the temperature peek to 40°c and it took 30 minutes to fully charged. Hope OnePlus will be providing some software updates to optimize the charging speed and temperature issues

Fujifilm (4).jpg
    The PowerHouse

One of the best feature I love is the Reverse Charge function. Which is good to boost your wearables quickly. So you don't have to worry even if your Smart Watch or Air Pods get drained.
    I didn't try this feature yet. But it's sounds great!
    I'll check it out soon

Screenshot_20210403-192929.jpg
    Let's go Reverse

I didn't notice any heating when playing games for short durations, after over 15-20 minutes you'll feel heat along the Aluminium frame and glass back. It won't feel much if you're using a Sandstone Case. I've got an overheating warning when using the camera outdoors on a sunny day. While video recording it suddenly stopped in between because of the High temperature of the device. It took few minutes to cool it down. Outside temperature also boost the phone's temperature. The phone refused to take photos till it cooled down. And It's not uncommon for phones to heat up with heavy camera use.​

Camera

So here is the most important part of my review. The Camera! I love taking pictures, Tiny bugs to the stars, i love taking pictures of everything. I'm not a professional photographer.

So let's talk about the Camera. As we all know already, OnePlus has collaborated with iconic camera maker Hasslelblad to bring better camera experience into Mobile phones.
    So what exactly this Hasslelblad and OnePlus Collaboration really does? I was so curious about the OnePlus 9 series Camera from the very beginning. After setting up the device first i jumped into the the camera app and here is what i saw.
    The Camera UI
    The Camera UI is changed quite a bit. The shutter button is now turned into Orange colour. On the left you could see video options and on the right there is Photo options.
    There is no video recording option for Pro mode, there is no access to Ultra- wide camera also. which is so disappointing. The circular adjustment slider is changed to a horizontal slider. I didn't feel anything bad in here. the UI looks clean.
    Nihalxmhd (22).jpg
    Plenty of Camera Features including Hasslelblad Pro Mode
    Screenshot_20210408-224832.jpg
    Pro Mode

(Following photographs are not edited.)

Camera
    OnePlus 9 Pro comes with a Quad Camera set-up.
    Adobe_Post_20210405_1119480.36708147923553547__01.png
    The Camera Setup
    The OnePlus 9 Pro does have brand new rear sensors, which are said to be custom-developed with Sony.
    The main camera has a 48-megapixel Sony IMX789 sensor with features such as dual native ISO, 2x2 on-chip lens for quicker focus, and DOL-HDR for better dynamic range in backlit shots for both stills and video.
    It takes fantastic images with incredible dynamic range, and true-to-life colours. In the standard auto camera mode, I'm generally very impressed with the shots the phone can achieve. It's great at balancing exposure between bright skies and shadow foregrounds and images are packed with detail.
    The camera is fast and responsive, I only ran into weird shutter lag a couple of times, the image came out unimpressive! Like most other phones, the shutter and processing delay exists on the OnePlus 9 Pro.
    IMG_20210406_090915.jpg
    Shot with 48MP primary sensor
    IMG_20210331_092518.jpg

In all lighting conditions, the phone managed to replicate the colours in a very natural way. Not everyone gonna like the output, because of a comparatively lower saturation and contrast. Me as a photographer, I'm well satisfied with more colour accurate shots with OnePlus 9 Pro. The colour difference is noticeable in photos of people, as skin tones look warmer and a bit more natural compared to the colours produced by others devices. Thanks to the color calibration from Hasselblad, it look excellent. The depth of field is pretty much sharp and accurate. Sometimes the sensor struggle to differentiate the edges in Portrait mode. But most of the time photos came out very much impressive.

IMG_20210408_114618.jpg Shot on Pixel 3a

IMG_20210408_114617.jpg
    Shot on OnePlus 9 Pro

IMG_20210331_101652_Bokeh.jpg
    Shot on Portrait Mode

With the inclusion of 12-bit RAW capture instead of 10-bit RAW, you get even more flexibility to tweak the images later. You can choose from JPG, high resolution JPG, RAW in Hasslelblad Pro Mode. I would recommend shooting in RAW. Which will give you a flexibility while editing. You'll need a third-party app such as Adobe Lightroom to edit RAW files on the OnePlus 9 Pro, as the default gallery app doesn't support it. As a Photographer I'm pretty much impressed with the camera, but it needs some more optimisations in terms of colour accuracy here and there.
    IMG_20210507_035822 (4)-01.jpeg
    Milkyway Shot On Pro Mode (edited with Lightroom)

Original will be provided in the link below
    IMG_20210419_075609.jpg
    Shot with Pro Mode using an external Macro lens
    New ultra-wide camera with a 50-megapixel Sony IMX766 sensor with a freeform lens to cut barrel distortion (fish-eye effect) at the hardware level even before the image is processed. It has autofocus and can be used for macro photography too. The Camera captures excellent details and colours during the day. There's no visible distortion on objects, especially around the edges of the frame. Exposures and colours were slightly better compared to what the OnePlus 8 Pro's ultra-wide camera can manage. Objects towards the edges of the frame had slightly better details compared to the ultra-wide cameras of other phones. Which is pretty good. Thanks to it's autofocus, Ultra wide camera can be used for macro photography too. You can toggle the macro mode to get a closer look at objects.
    IMG_20210405_115443 (1).jpg
    Shot with Ultra-Wide camera
    The Telephoto camera has an optically stabilised 8-megapixel sensor with 3.3X optical zoom and 30X digital zoom. The telephoto camera on the OnePlus 9 Pro has the same specs as that of the 8 Pro, except for a longer focal length. At this focal length, the 9 Pro captures good details, although I found colours a bit muted when shooting under sunlight. The Images are still usable when captured at 10X zoom, but anything beyond that generally has weak details and colour. The shots from the Telephoto Lens is little bit darker when compared to other lenses.
    IMG_20210408_112855.jpg
    Shot with Telephoto Lens (3.3x zoom)

IMG_20210408_112916.jpg
    10x zoom Telephoto Lens

There’s a 2MP monochrome filter which is supposed to assist in black and white photography, You can access it in the filters option. The sensor is mainly for people who love black and white images. Actually I prefer editing photo into B&W instead of using monochrome filter. Is it really necessary to have a dedicated monochrome lens?

There's a new Tilt-Shift shooting mode for simulating the miniaturist effect of a tilt-shift lens. To be honest I don't prefer shooting with tilt shift feature.

Low Light performance The OnePlus9 Pro also captures impressive low-light photos. It automatically reduces the shutter speed a bit so you don't have to switch to Nightscape mode manually to get a good exposure. It could use a bit more tweaking though, as textures can look a bit grainy when you magnify photos all the way. You get a good amount of detail and fairly impressive color performance when shooting in standard mode.

IMG_20210419_203633.jpg
    Shot with Night Scape mode
    After enabling Nightscape, it improves the image quality even further. The images have better exposure, dynamic range, and color. It also reduced the noise pretty much impressive.
    Nightscape images can still look over processed and overexposed at times, occasionally making the scene look like it was shot at a totally different time of day.

Click here to see more Camera Samples.
    (Gdrive link)
    Video
    The device supports video recording at up to 8K and other video capabilities like time-lapse, super slow-motion, and more.You can record video at 8K/30fps or go really wild with 4K/120fps/60fps/30fps.
    8K/30fps and 4K/120fps/60fps is limited to 5 minutes only, and you can't shoot 1080/120fps. Which is so Heartbreaking.
    After few minutes of recording in 4k and 8k, the device got hot and it stopped recording. That's kind of disappointing. The audio quality is super impressive. It captures both the scene and the sound perfectly.
    Screenshot_20210408-113343.jpg
    It stopped shooting automatically due to high temperature
    The OnePlus 9 Pro’s photography experience is much better than anything we’ve seen from OnePlus earlier. The transition between lenses is smooth, photos are generally likeable (not everyone gonna like the color), videos are very stable and crisp, and all the usual shooting modes are available. Low-light photography and videography were great, too.
    There's no question that the phone can take excellent images in its standard camera mode with its wide, ultra-wide and telephoto lenses. It's great at night, too and can shoot lovely video in up to 8K resolution.

But the most disappointing fact is the Pro mode doesn't use all the lenses. You can use primary lens only in pro mode, and there is no option to shoot video in pro mode. which is so disappointing. It still misses some features which the competitors have. It would be so better if they've added access to all lenses in Pro mode.

(Camera samples are attached in the comments)

Here are few issues with the Camera.
    • While using Camera outdoors, the device get hot so fast. It can't record video for more than 2 minutes in 8k 30fps because of the overheating issue.
    • The phone will not take pictures till it cooled down normal temperature.
    • In some scenes the Ultra-Wide camera gives a inaccurate colour and noise.
    Update:
    After Oxygen OS 11.2.2.2 ,
    Issues with sharpness and noise were optimised.
    White balance performance and over sharpening issues of both front and rear camera is optimised.

Performance

OnePlus 9 Pro comes with the very best hardware that is currently available with the latest 5nm-based Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor. Along with that, you get 8GB or 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, with the storage acting as additional virtual memory if needed.
    Unsurprisingly, the OnePlus 9 Pro flies through everything thrown at it. Apps are quick to open, content stays in memory for hours, games load quickly and run well. Scrolling menus and lists feels fluid, and even simple things like dismissing apps and multitasking are highly responsive.

The 120Hz display, Snapdragon 888, 12GB RAM, and super fast UFS 3.1 storage are all a big part of the way this phone feels as you use it, but it’s worth pointing out that there is a smoothness to animations, swipes, and navigation on OnePlus phones that no one can match.

preset (2).jpg
    PUBG MOBILE
    preset (3).jpg
    Who is the Imposter?

The Snapdragon 888 is a very powerful Chipset and has more than enough power to tackle today's apps and games. I didn't notice any heating when playing games for short durations, however, over 15-20 minutes you'll feel heat along the metal frame and glass back.
    OnePlus's extreme gaming mode, called Fnatic Mode, has been renamed as Pro Gaming mode since its partnership with Fnatic has ended. Which enhances the Gaming Experience.
    The Hyper Touch option is said to increase the touch responsiveness of the display by up to six times in select games such as PUBG Mobile, Call of Duty: Mobile, etc. I'm not a heavy mobile gamer so I personally didn't notice much of a difference with it on or off, but your experience may vary. OnePlus 9 Pro is among the best smartphones you can find for extensive gaming.
    Screenshot_20210404-193227.jpg
    Pro Mode for enhanced Gaming Experience

Audio performance is truly amazing on the OnePlus 9 Pro. It's truly gives Flagship Performance. The bottom speaker and the earpiece together produce high-quality stereo sound which is enhanced with Dolby Atmos. I found the stereo effect to be very good (I would say mind-blowing), be it when gaming or watching videos. You can choose from Three different audio modes such as Dynamic, Movie, and Music.

Screenshot_20210404-192616.jpg
    Audio Modes; Feel every bit of Sound

It is also 5G-ready, In India, it will support the N41 and N78 SA and NSA 5G bands. However, users in India will have to wait for a few more months to get the experience of the 5G connectivity because we don't have 5G networks in India yet.

Here are the results from Geek Bench 5 benchmark application

Screenshot_20210404-100158__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-100217.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-100249.jpg

View attachment 1586163

I'm so much satisfied in terms of the Performance of OnePlus 9 Pro. It's so quick, fast and provides seemless scrolling over apps. Multitasking won't be an issue for you. The Snapdragon 888 is a very powerful chipset and has more than enough power to tackle today's apps and games. I even tried editing videos using some apps available on Play Store, and the results was pretty much impressive.
    OnePlus 9 Pro is among the best smartphones you can find for extensive gaming and Multitasking. Everything in OnePlus 9 Pro is so quick and faster. I was happy with the accuracy of the in-display fingerprint sensor, although I wished it had been placed a bit higher up like it is on the 8 Pro. ( It's just my personal opinion)

Fujifilm.jpg
    it's moved all the way down to the bottom

Oxygen OS 11
    OnePlus 9 Pro comes with Oxygen OS 11 based on android 11. Many people have mixed feelings about the Oxygen OS 11 as it resembles more to the OneUI. To me I personally like Oxygen OS 11 as it is very close to the Stock android. I would say Oxygen OS is the best android skins out there.
    Nihalxmhd (18).jpg
    Oxygen OS 11
    The Design layout in the Settings menu, Gallery, Weather, Calculator and Clock looks more similar to the OneUI. It has the Huge typeface on the top left corner.
    Nihalxmhd (14).jpg
    Settings Menu

Nihalxmhd (12).jpg
    Weather App
    The UI has been refreshed to suit one-hand use. The touch controls across the Oxygen OS 11 have been moved closer to the thumbs for easier access. Which is so handy.

With Oxygen OS 11, you get access to more enhanced Dark Mode, Zen Mode 2.0, AOD, Customisation Options, Pro Gaming Mode and more features.
    Nihalxmhd (15).jpg
    Always On Display

I really love the AOD in the OnePlus 9 Pro. Now you can choose different Always On Display styles and you can schedule AOD in the settings.
    I personally love Always On Display feature as I don't have to unlock my device everytime to check my new messages.

Oxygen OS also provides options to customize AOD clock styles, Theme Icon, Fingerprint Scanner Animation, Horizon Light etc.
    Screenshot_20210406-151321.jpg
    AOD Clock Styles
    Nihalxmhd (13).jpg
    Customization Options
    You could see More Google apps in Oxygen OS, Default Phone, Contact, Calendar apps are replaced by Google apps instead of OnePlus apps. It adds a little more touch to "Stock Android Look" I personally like the clean UI of Google apps, so I didn't feel anything bad here.

OnePlus's extreme gaming mode, called Fnatic Mode, has been renamed to Pro Gaming mode since its partnership with Fnatic has ended. But still you can find the remainings of Fnatic mode here and there. I'm not a heavy mobile gamer so I personally didn't notice much of a difference with it on or off, but your experience may vary.

Here is my favourite feature in the Oxygen OS 11, Zen Mode 2.0. I always fail to take a break from the internet and my notifications. Zen Mode is the best option for you if you're someone like me. It helps you to take a break from your device. Once the Zen Mode activated, it cannot be cancelled. It will silence the Notifications and other noises which might distract your peace. You've an option to make emergency calls if required.
    Preset Fujifilm (10).jpg
    Find your Inner Peace
    You can also add your friends and create a Zen Space to Meditate or Relax together. It has five different themes which you can choose to find your inner peace. I like the Nature Theme which gives more boost to my morning meditation session.

Overall Oxygen OS 11 is pretty much smooth and refined. I personally like the New UI. It is so easy to handle.

___​

Summary

Even with all the impressive upgrades, there's no denying that the OnePlus 9 Pro is a very expensive smartphone. OnePlus 9 Pro 12GB/256GB costs ₹ 70,000 and 8GB/128GB costs ₹ 64,999 in India.
    In this price range It offers one of the best display panels you can find in the market, excellent performance, stunning cameras, amazing speakers, battery backup that should be enough for your everyday use. and charging technologies that will blow your mind. Of course, the OnePlus 9 Pro doesn't compromise on the design to keep the prices low, something that I have seen other companies do. Without any doubt I would say OnePlus 9 Pro is the best phone OnePlus ever made.

I know, people have mixed feelings about the true-to-life colours with comparatively lower saturation and contrast.
    Me personally so much satisfied with the photos. There are some heating issues with the camera, but it can be solved with a software update. Only thing I've to complain about the camera is, it doesn't allow to use all sensors in Pro mode. Which is so disappointing for me. The selfie camera is possibly the weakest link in an otherwise well-rounded camera setup.

The Snapdragon 888 chipset combined with 12GB of RAM has impressed me during testing, and if you’re after a top-end phone with great power, the OnePlus 9 Pro fits the bill. It works so smooth, multitasking and high-end gaming won't be an issue.

The 6.7-inch 120Hz QHD display is among the best I've seen on a smartphone, with plenty of detail, strong brightness, and lot more. If you like to watch a lot of video or you are a person who spend more time on your phone, particularly gaming, OnePlus 9 Pto is a great option for you.

The OnePlus 9 Pro isn’t perfect, though. Battery life is average, The OnePlus 9 Pro barely lasted through an entire workday. Some of you will accept it, and some won't.

But the charging speed will blow your mind.
    There are quite a few bugs in the software that need ironing out. I've already got three software updates within a week, which optimised Camera and the Battery.

So if you want me to tell you which of the two to buy OnePlus 9 Pro or OnePlus 9, I just don’t have an exact answer. I think OnePlus has made really good phones for a while now and the 9 Pro shows their continued maturity. I also think you’d be happy with either phone OnePlus 9 Pro or 9 (Except in case of battery).

If you wanna know more about OnePlus 9 check
    The LAB review round-up

Hope you guys enjoyed!

#NeverSettle

Last edited: May 10, 2021 at 2:45 PM

2. PhotoPicker
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 9, 2021

Stickied Post
    PhotoPicker , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Apr 9, 2021 :
    1617945716823.jpg
    Shot with Dedicated Macro Mode
    1617945716894.jpg
    Astrophotography (Shot on Pro Mode)
    Settings -
    ISO: 800
    WB : 3400k
    Exposure time : 30s
    Focus: Infinity

1617945716975.jpg
    Shot with Ultra-Wide camera
    1617945717084.jpg
    Shot with 48 MP wide angle
    1617945717192.jpg
    3.3x Tele - photo

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021

3. naveenjafer

4. Nipu_1998

SMRasel and PhotoPicker like this.
  5. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Mar 29, 2021

SMRasel, K@reem34 and PhotoPicker like this.
  6. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Mar 30, 2021

MosheG1 , Mar 30, 2021 :
    @PhotoPicker

A few quick things. First of all the back of the phone is glass and not metal and second of all I would recommend you write your personal opinion about the device. As of now I feel like you just repeated the OnePlus event to me. We want to know what you personally like about the phone and more importantly what you dislike and what you would want to see improve.

7. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Mar 30, 2021

8. J1579018029223
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh and PhotoPicker like this.
  9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 31, 2021 :
    So far unimpressed, too many words Hardly meaningful.

Too much press like well written (a little too well written) information which everyone already knows. Please be raw.

10. SUDHIR771
    Eclair Apr 1, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  11. J1579018029223
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2021

PhotoPicker and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  12. oneplusfav4ever
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2021

13. K@reem34
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

K@reem34 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 2, 2021 :
    @PhotoPicker [Battery...Charging] .hello, the one plus 9 and pro I find them beautiful but the only downside is that when you want to play Call of Duty mobile with this phone with the charger wire between your fingers it's a little embarrassing [see photo 1] for the idea and do the same thing hard the [other photo 2] of a competitor's phone without citing the brand to have a better grip during games. cordially
    1617357462368.jpg
    1617357462440.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021

15. PhotoPicker
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 2, 2021

PhotoPicker , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Stay tuned brother. I'm focusing more on the Camera. It will be live within 3 days.

16. Danny C.
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2021

Danny C. , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Honestly, the OnePlus 9 series of phones were the most overhyped, boring, and lackluster phones that OnePlus has had the guts to release in a while. Slapping Hasselblad's name everywhere won't hide the fact that the cameras on these phones pale in comparison to what Samsung or Apple have. OnePlus used to innovate and be the most interesting, unpredictable brand in the market, but in recent years with the 8 and 9 series, they have begun the transformation into just another boring and predictable smartphone brand. Don't even get me started on the blatant similarities to Oppo's phones, which in some cases, are better than OnePlus' version. With the OnePlus 10, they had better not disappoint. This is the low point in OnePlus smartphone history.

17. Gagaposs
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2021

18. Sun_chit27
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2021

19. Abdul Basith2
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2021

PhotoPicker likes this.