Cupcake Mar 29, 2021

jlasensiofi likes this.
  2. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2021

3. JvdBeemt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2021

JvdBeemt , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Nice intro.
    Congratulations at being selected for the labs.

@jlasensiofi in the description about the shiny back better make that read fingerprints.
    Most people stand on their phones😀
    Since your not from a country where English is the native language I asume this is a translation error.
    And. yeah I do have the same problem with the slippery language myself.

That bring me to the next questions, how slippery is the uncoverd phone, do you have too grip it to prevent it to slip out of your hand ?

And how is it with the cover on.

jlasensiofi likes this.
  4. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Mar 29, 2021

jlasensiofi , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Thanks again to everyone for your opinion and good words! ;):)

@Dilip@1016 @Dlappas @Shailender Sharma @AnaghaPeethambaran @RonaldM @Gearlord @Kushrami @Z1597565302893 @SVlago1+ @Macobra87 @Rahulupa29 @MKT_IRFAN3735 @JvdBeemt

Yes @JvdBeemt, It's a terrible translation error :(

Yes, it is slippery. Now in the second part that I will publish you will see that I talk about it.

As you may have seen and read, with that cover it loses all the attractiveness, all that beauty that it has. A transparent cover is better as @superplus, @IriaCL o @SVlago1+ think, for example.

script, McJader, KaranRIyer and 3 others like this.
  5. jlasensiofi

Stickied Post
    Product Design

The OnePlus 9 Pro is manufactured in three colors: Pine Green, Stellar Black, and Morning Mist. As you have already seen in Unboxing, this last color is the one that OnePlus sent me.

Before going into details, I allow myself some technical data about its construction. With dimensions of 163.2 mm high, 76.6 mm wide, a thickness of 8.7 mm, and a weight of 197 gr., accustomed to previous models, it is even somewhat lighter and smaller than my current 8 Pro. I like big phones, I have to confess, so I think it's perfect.

The display is 6.55" in size with a 3D Corning® Gorilla® protection glass, as well as the back, both joined by the 2.2 mm aluminum frame. The perfect combination and integration of the two elements give it an elegant look and a premium finish.

XyvgNUZ - Imgur.jpg

Compared to the OnePlus 8 Pro, the OnePlus 9 Pro's curved display has been carefully optimized to minimize discoloration and false touches on the edges of the screen.

bMYTJjs - Imgur.jpg

In the hand, it feels incredibly good, incredibly soft, so soft that it can slide easily by hand, so I advise that no one wear this jewel without a protective cover, and to be transparent to be able to admire its beauty.

ZF1xLSg - Imgur.jpg

This Morning Mist model shines from silver to black, like fog in a bright mirror.

SsedKMD - Imgur.jpg

On the back, the OnePlus logo and the camera module stand out in the central part. Perfectly integrated with the body, the lens arrangement, and the module itself, I think it is elegant. It does not stand out too much and the HASSELBLAD logo gives it a unique character. The truth is that I love it, although I must admit that I would have liked it more in the central part.

This is a personal appreciation, as when thinking about the placement of the neutral density filters that I use for long exposure photography, the central location allows for better placement of these, and I can ensure that there are no light leaks. Being on the side, it is possible that the filter protrudes from the camera module and enters the light. All will be to find a solution that surely exists.

oQIPjcD - Imgur.jpg

On the right side we can see, placed in an excellent ergonomic position, the on/off button, as well as one of the elements that, since its incorporation, is something that today is essential for me. The slider button on the alert control. This button allows you to put your phone in vibration or silence in a second, something that is necessary for many moments. Its special design makes it impossible to get it wrong with the on/off button and can be operated blindly. Quite a luxury.

InrypFY - Imgur.jpg

On the left side, we find the volume button, located in a particularly good position, at least for my hand.

PXkU4k7 - Imgur.jpg

When it comes to sound, the OnePlus 9 Pro is equipped with dual stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos® sound, support for noise cancellation, and the call speaker located between the edge and the frame of the top.

x6NbHrZ - Imgur.jpg

The USB-C connection is in the center of the bottom edge.

lViriwC - Imgur.jpg

Where the nano-SIM dual card tray is also located.

xFjD1Aw - Imgur.jpg

AQMkSrN - Imgur.jpg

All that set of elements at the bottom of the mobile are arranged harmoniously, or at least that is my impression.

lEeRRuW - Imgur.jpg

All this while not mentioning the IP68 rating for water and dust resistance. It's something I consider to be of paramount importance. Although I am not going to submerge my phone, you can always fall or have splashes of water. Even when I go out to take pictures, the fact of this classification reassures me to the point that I do not have to abandon a photographic adventure underwater.

TBYMSh4 - Imgur.jpg

And I do not want to finish the design review if you mention any questions about the screen.

On the one hand, say that the same design is maintained in terms of its placement of the front camera.

G1kIqcC - Imgur.jpg

In this model, OnePlus has taken a big step with Fluid Display 2.0, a new generation of advanced mobiles, with a display that integrates LTPO technology, which allows the display to vary from a refresh rate of 1Hz to 120Hz, depending on the content, you are watching.

c0UwtN2 - Imgur.jpg

But if those features, among many others, make the screen look fantastic, with incredible smoothness, no less fast is the fingerprint sensor. I am striking that you have placed in a lower position than your predecessor, but it is still just as fast and with an immediate response.

cbF7KuT - Imgur.jpg

And this little screen recording corroborates it.

My conclusion when it comes to design is that we are facing a very elegant mobile, with a premium finish, first-class materials and it lives up to the philosophy that OnePlus has been following.

I cannot agree more with the words of Pete Lau when he talks about the Design: "The OnePlus 9 Pro continues the brand’s vision for burdenless design, offering an integrated, unified and stylish look and feel". I participate in it one hundred percent.

And so far, comes my review of the design of the OnePlus 9 Pro. I start the next subject on the camera.

I hope you liked it.

Never Settle.

6. KaranRIyer
    KitKat Mar 29, 2021

KaranRIyer , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Such a great review. Waiting for the next one.. 🤘

jlasensiofi likes this.
  7. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 29, 2021

superplus , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Thank you, loved it!

I think this is my favourite picture so far!

I am wondering, could you perhaps show a side-by-side picture of the front of the screens with the same pattern on them to see this effect on the screen display itself? :)

script, jlasensiofi and KaranRIyer like this.
  8. jlasensiofi

Thank you very much, I am very happy with your opinion @KaranRIyer :);):hearteyes:

Oh @superplus, you don't know what I'm glad to know is your favorite so far :hearteyes:. Of course, I do it and upload it in the shortest possible time ;):)

script, KaranRIyer and superplus like this.
  9. vinayvinayak62682
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2021

Vikky.insta likes this.
  10. Gracjallini
    Donut Mar 29, 2021

Vikky.insta likes this.
  11. jlasensiofi

12. Niklasg85
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2021

Niklasg85 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 29, 2021 :
    So excited to see more, really great introduction and this looks promising. Will for sure follow your review @jlasensiofi and the following section and especially the photo sections, where i think you are will shine and do a great review about.
    💪🎉🙏

jlasensiofi likes this.
  13. K@reem34
    Froyo Mar 29, 2021

K@reem34 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Good stuff & congrats best phone @jlasensiofi 🕵️🟥📲⬛🙌​

jlasensiofi likes this.
  14. y_oo1
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2021

jlasensiofi likes this.
  15. spartaq95
    Eclair Mar 29, 2021

jlasensiofi likes this.
  16. SRD.
    Lollipop Mar 30, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 30, 2021 :
    The design looks so sturdy. Thanks for sharing your experience with the design.
    Eagerly waiting for the next part - "Photography" which is the main marketing part for the OP9Pro.

jlasensiofi and KaranRIyer like this.
  17. kiran@3007
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2021

18. script
    Moderator Moderator Mar 30, 2021

script , Mar 30, 2021 :
    Thx again, @jlasensiofi . In combination with your words and pictures (esp. that pic with the flower reflection) I see more than I would see with just my own eyes. Great work.

jlasensiofi and KaranRIyer like this.
  19. KaranRIyer
    KitKat Mar 30, 2021

KaranRIyer , Mar 30, 2021 :

i think he meant making a video of both the phones side by side.. which shows the optimisation i guess. idk how that's possible but thats what i understand.. maybe wrong too...

SRD., jlasensiofi and superplus like this.
  20. maarten_lisboa
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Mar 30, 2021

jlasensiofi, superplus and script like this.