The Lab Review - A OnePlus 9 Pro Review

1. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 2, 2021

jlasensiofi , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Thank you very much my dear friend! I am glad to know that you liked it and that you find the photos impressive. It is a great satisfaction :):hearteyes:

Thanks a million my dear friend! A pride to know that opinion on the review :hearteyes::)

Glad to hear that you liked the photos and the review, Artur. Thanks a lot!

I have not been able to retest the camera after those updates. When I finish the topic that I need to complete the review, I will start taking photos more carefully and will surely be able to update the post.

I'm going to read the article you tell me, fortunately, Holy Google translates everything :tonguewink:

Even so, from the summary that you indicate, I do not know if that aggressive sharpening is good or bad. Not being a professional photographer, the only thing I can say is that the photos the OnePlus 9 Pro takes are very sharp, but I don't know what is sacrificed to achieve that. I just see that they are sharp and for me, that is enough.

And when it comes to noise, in auto mode, in scenes or corners of scenes with poor lighting, I did notice the noise. Like I told you, I have not tried the new updates yet, so I must wait to do so.

The photos in the review, except those in Pro Mode, do not have edits, and size reduction to be able to insert them in the post may affect the quality.

I can only tell you that the photos I took with the OnePlus 9 Pro have much higher quality than the 8 Pro and the Pro Mode has nothing to do with its predecessor. It is a wonder.

I'll tell you more as soon as I can.

superplus, script and woSch like this.
  2. R2rB_ski
    Donut Apr 2, 2021

R2rB_ski , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Thanks, I wonder what will change the new update. I got P30Pro and old OP X :).
    My OP9pro is coming next week :), In my opinion, the problem of many photo mobile tests is poor and careless framing. The camera is just a tool :). Have a good Easter.

jlasensiofi likes this.
  3. hychai
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2021

hychai , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Thank you for the review. I'm looking forward for your review update of the camera.
    I have seen from other reviewers that camera has significant improvement after the firmware update. Would like to hear from you too about your thoughts.

jlasensiofi likes this.
  4. suriyakavi
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2021

5. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 3, 2021

jlasensiofi , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Oh, I hope you like it. Yes, it is the point and shoot problem, and photography is more than that 😬

Thanks and the same! 👌🙌

Thank you very much to you! 😃☺️🙌

Yes, I hope to finish the topic that I have left and start doing new tests. So I'll update as soon as possible 😊😉

Many thanks! ☺️😃👌

script likes this.
  6. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Apr 3, 2021

hennes , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Congratulations @jlasensiofi great job it was nice to read and look at the photos and videos.
    Thanks you for you review and i am looking forward to see more pictures from you.

7. puccellino
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

puccellino , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Great camera review and pics. I like your style, its easy reading, with a humorous light touch.......

upload_2021-4-4_20-36-50.png

........and I like your choice of model too!

Afghan hound??

🙂

jlasensiofi and superplus like this.
  8. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 4, 2021

jlasensiofi , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Thank you very much, my friend! ;):hearteyes:

I love that you liked it and your opinion on the photos. At least I tried everything to the fullest :)

Oh my dear friend, thank you very, very much :):hearteyes:. I am glad to know that your opinion and that this style seems easy to read and with touches of humor. You know that good humor is one of my first premises.

Yes, a model that I found by chance on the beach and i think it's an afghan. And it was called "Tesla"... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

A million thanks

puccellino and superplus like this.
  9. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 5, 2021

Stickied Post
    jlasensiofi , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Oxygen OS

I am not a development or programming professional, so my degree of demand is much lower than colleagues in the Community who are experts in this field and therefore have a vision that is surely very different from mine.

The Oxygen OS is one of the reasons for my predilection for OnePlus. Already when it began its journey with the OnePlus One and Cyanogen, this brand conquered me. Over time, the OnePlus developers manufactured their own Operating System and have brought it to life to this day with the invaluable collaboration of the Community that OnePlus is continually aware of.

This entails the possibility of having all the Android security updates, although there are complaints of delays in them. In the OnePlus 9 Pro, with the Oxygen OS 11.2.2.2.LE15BA version I have the one dated March 1, and I will check how the successive ones go.

One of the things that have made the OnePlus operating system different was the possibility of uninstalling third-party applications and even their own, although we cannot do the same with any of Google's that will only allow us to disable. And I say that it was possible because in the 9 Pro I cannot uninstall its File Manager or Netflix, for example.

OxygenOS 11 has repositioned the touch controls closer to the thumbs so that the mobile can be used with one hand. I understand that all possibilities should be considered for all circumstances, but I confess that beyond the issue of accessibility that I think is necessary, from a design point of view I don't like it at all. Spaces are lost, having to handle the screen to see everything more compact and, also, if fortunately, you can use two hands, it is reckless to handle such a large phone with only one. Sometimes with both of them, he slips and falls to the ground, so with just one, I don't know. Just in case I haven't even tried it.

The haptic vibration motor that it has is very good and they have implemented the vibrations in some functions that the previous models did not have, such as at the time of varying the light of the screen.

Oxygen OS has the peculiarity of incorporating OnePlus own applications, with a good performance in what I have been able to test in the new model. I am talking about the applications like Shelf, Weather, File Manager, Photo Gallery, and the one dedicated to the Community which I will talk about later.

For some time, OnePlus removed a feature that I always thought was very good, the Shelf, giving us only the ability to use the Google Feed. I was one of those who asked OnePlus to replace the Shelf and fortunately, they did. In it, we can find quick access or shortcuts to see the time, recent applications, and contacts, to Zen Mode, Parking location service, or the Step Counter, among some more.

ddIHTF8 - Imgur.jpg

It is a utility that in my opinion is essential. I don't have the shelf set to one hundred percent, but it would look like this.

QWzT6hk - Imgur.jpg

When accessing the screen settings, by long pressing on it, we access the options that will allow us to select the wallpapers, Widgets, or its own settings.

hjQXfNo - Imgur.jpg

Special mention to the possibility of Launcher Design and Hidden Space. The first one will allow us to configure how the Home Screen and Shelf are displayed, as well as the Design of the home page about the grids, the size of the icons or to hide the names of the applications.

oygAGXI - Imgur.jpg

The second, the hidden space will allow us to hide applications, for example, those that may be sensitive that someone could be too interested in them. This space is protected by fingerprint or PIN.

9m9ZYfW - Imgur.jpg

Time gives us enough and detailed information. On the other hand, we have access to the 15-day forecast that directs us to the Weather.com website where we can expand information on the matter.

uOAWOKf - Imgur.jpg

And of total utility is the File Manager. A well-made tool with perfect performance as far as I have been able to use.

T4pQzSH - Imgur.jpg

In addition to classifying the content of the device by categories, it allows us to access the internal storage and see the content of each of the folders we have. When you get used to some things and then you don't have them, you miss them. I mean, I don't have access from File Manager to Google Drive or the ability to share files with nearby devices, via FileDash. Through this feature, I could quickly transfer files with my wife's OnePlus 8 Pro. I also trust that they will implement it at some point.

The Photo Gallery may very well replace Google Photos in essentials, although Google Photos may be more comprehensive in some ways. With it, we can see our photos by dates, grouped by categories to which they belong (camera, videos, WhatsApp images, etc.) as well as activate the hidden Collection that makes the photos or videos not seen in the Gallery but other apps.

zHeH3cl - Imgur.jpg

On the other hand, we also have the intelligent categorization, using which we can see the photos grouped by different classes, such as people, types of objects, or even by the place where they have been made, logically if we have activated the location option in the camera. I do appreciate that some category calls it the wrong way, but it will surely be fixed.

11JOzTh - Imgur.jpg

And we also have what is called Smart Editing. Continuously combine your favorite moments into videos. The Weekly Recap feature generates a video with the highlights of the week. Also, it offers the option to re-edit the background music and apply filters to the images.

qCEv6JR - Imgur.jpg

And we also have an option that I particularly think is great, I would say essential, and that Google Photos does not have. When the details of a photo are displayed, it is not only possible to check the photographic information of the same but, also, the location can be seen and, most importantly, the image histogram can be displayed, as we saw in what relative to the camera. Congratulations on this option.

UgN1wdx - Imgur.jpg

About the different menu configurations, access to Settings is comfortable and well structured.

t8trtDw - Imgur.jpg

Within the Display menu, I would like to mention a function that I find really useful. This is the Environment Screen, where you can activate when and what to show on the screen, among others, such as, for example, Picking up the phone to see or touch the screen to view without having to turn it on.

A6jiqNz - Imgur.jpg

A very fashionable function is called Always On Display (AOD), which allows you to customize the lock screen to show the time, date, battery status, or notifications, for example, while the screen is off.

And within the Personalization Menu, we can find options to establish characteristics of the lock screen and the ambient screen. So for example we have Canvas AOD, which draws a wireframe image based on a photo of the lock screen that draws contours and the effect will be created.

OIGeEBm - Imgur.jpg

In the Clock options on the ambient screen, there are two options that I especially like. On the one hand, we have the Insight AOD.

OnePlus has partnered with design students from New York's prestigious Parsons School of Design, who designed a dynamic AOD that transforms time into a visible color bar. The usage data generates the pattern and each time the phone is unlocked it leaves a groove in the bar. The more the mobile is used, the wider the groove.

fY79Ls3 - Imgur.jpg

And although the version I have installed is not yet available, OnePlus has partnered with Snapchat and also announces the possibility of using the Bitmoji AOD. With a Bitmoji personal avatar, it is updated throughout the day according to the activities or what happens around us. Here I send you a greeting with my Bitmoji.

hVSjgV6 - Imgur.jpg

I don't know if at my age I'm a snob or a geek, but I admit that I love it and I'm looking forward to implementing it... hahahahahahaha.

In the Personalization menu, we can also configure Wallpapers, Accent Color, Font, Clock Styles, Fingerprint Animations, or the type of Horizon Light.

pwaAhHP - Imgur.jpg

As a curiosity, to say that Horizon Light is the system that OnePlus introduced as a luminous notification system when the well-known LED disappears. It works very well but perhaps you should try to keep it on while the notification is active, since at the moment it is only displayed when it is received. Indeed, this permanent activation could negatively influence battery consumption since there are bright lines on both sides of the phone. For the record, this is just a conjecture of mine and I have no certainty that this is the case.

One of the options that I like the most is in the Buttons and gestures menu. In addition to being able to configure the Alert Slider, we can do it with the Navigation Bar and Gestures or Quick Gestures, in addition to some other option.

dJa8q90 - Imgur.jpg

Once you get used to the navigation gestures it is very difficult to return to the bar. And within the Quick gestures are two of my favorites. The three-finger screenshot is a must, and the double-tap to wake up the phone is a must as well. This together with the ones we saw before allows you to block it and activate it without having to go to the physical buttons.

2OlykVl - Imgur.jpg

Lifting or touching the screen to show the ambient screen or the gestures to access, scroll and close the windows of newly opened applications, is a luxury.

Within corporate social responsibility, we have a series of applications that allow us to control the excessive use of our phones. So Google has its Digital Wellbeing and OnePlus its Zen Mode.

BgskbwQ - Imgur.jpg

When activated, you can configure times of 1, 20, 30, 40, 90, or 120 minutes, during which it will not be possible to send messages, open applications, browse the Internet or browse social networks, but it is possible to receive calls and contact with the emergency service if necessary. The times that I have used it, it works perfectly, having 5 different themes and with the possibility of activating sounds for each of them.

47vEvnt - Imgur.jpg

On the other hand, we have the Utilities menu.

YoR63Ro - Imgur.jpg

In it we find options to be able to duplicate applications, if we want to have two WhatsApp accounts on the same mobile, for example, block applications to protect them with encryption or simply use Pocket Mode to avoid accidental touches and turn on when you carry in your pocket.

But if we talk about Oxygen OS customizations, the OnePlus Switch is one of those utilities that blow your mind.

With OnePlus Switch it is possible to transfer the data from your old phone to the new OnePlus device, including contacts, messages, and photos. The sequence of the people we see in the video, passing data from one to another, is most striking. One of those Utilities that cannot be forgotten.

And we cannot forget the OnePLus Laboratory.

InvC94M - Imgur.jpg

The OnePlus Lab is a place of experimental features like Ultra Motion Smoothing that causes the video frame rate to increase to 120 fps to have smooth graphics. It has the disadvantage that it can cause additional power consumption and, at the moment, it does not support QHD + resolution.

1po3MvL - Imgur.jpg

And if we are finishing with the best options for customizing Oxygen OS, the System Menu offers us some interesting ones.

csLSeha - Imgur.jpg

From here we can access the Backup option that allows us to view the backup data in Drive, the Recovery options where it is possible to recover Wi-fi, mobile network, and Bluetooth, application settings, or return to the status of the factory that does a hard wipe of the phone.

We will also access the Experience Improvement Program in which we can customize OnePlus Notifications, the User Experience Program, the System Stability Program or the Integrated Applications Update.

6OJwDKs - Imgur.jpg

As well as the RAM Acceleration. Obviously, with 12GB of RAM this seems like it might be unnecessary, but activating it makes the device anticipate the applications to launch, as well as the data to load, and take full advantage of its ability to speed up performance. It all adds up, and if optimizations are added to a factory power, you get a mobile that is not fast, it is much more than that.

JOtL68J - Imgur.jpg

And before I forget, there is another feature that I think is impressive. I am referring to the Screen Recorder, customization that cannot leave anyone indifferent. It will allow us to record the actions we perform on the screen, show touches on the screen, all with or without internal and external audio, being customizable in almost all its options. An essential utility, easy to handle and that will allow us to record everything we want to be played on our screen.

lNw7tIM - Imgur.jpg

And already finishing, since it was implanted, I have to say that I love the way the information on the phone is presented.

chrfBAj - Imgur.jpg

From it, you can access all the characteristics of the device, check the Android version, and see details of the security patch or kernel, status of the SIM / s and its IMEI, legal information, and something that cannot be forgotten.

I mean the tribute OnePlus pays to the Oxygen OS Contributors. It is well known that OnePlus would not be the same if it were not for its Community, unique and that it has the advantage of being highly respected and listened to by the brand. And among its participants, some people collaborate in the improvement of the operating system in the Software Beta Programs since 2013. And to all of them, OnePlus grants them an Award consisting of their mention in the corresponding section. I do not know, and sorry if I am wrong, any other manufacturer in that complicated world of mobile phones that pays tribute as OnePlus does.

mlTZgU6 - Imgur.jpg

In my opinion, the winners should feel very proud that their names are all over the world and they should be very grateful to the OnePlus team.

And precisely for the Community, OnePlus incorporates the application to access it from our mobiles.

J6NitxI - Imgur.jpg

With access to the Home screen, we can also see the contents of the Forums, everything related to notifications, messages or activity, and our profile. In it, we have an interesting section that is My comments. From here it is possible to send our comments, both suggestions and error reports. It is a section that I consider of vital importance.

hKxtYqY - Imgur.jpg

And now yes, I finish with the last personalized section of Oxygen OS consisting of a section of Tips and Support of frequently asked questions about the use of the device.

ysib8P5 - Imgur.jpg

Conclusions

In conclusion, I can only say that we are facing an exceptional mobile, fluid, with a screen of unique quality, a speed that surprises anyone who wants it, with premium materials, and that delights those who are lucky enough to have it. It only lacks some protective shells that do not hide its beauty. It is necessary transparent protection covers to be able to wear it in all its splendor.

When it comes to the camera, the co-development with the iconic Hasselblad brand is a milestone. I personally think it is the best camera of all the OnePlus models that I have owned. It lives up to the Natural Color Calibration with Hasselblad in the tests I have been able to do. As I already mentioned in the camera section, upon receiving updates after the publication of this review, it remains to go back to take photos and continue checking that everything continues on the same path.

Obviously, there may be other drawbacks, improvements that in my modest understanding should be addressed and some I have commented on in the review, but nothing is perfect no matter how good it is. Oxygen OS is for me the best of the solutions that we have today on Android. Still, OnePlus must streamline the issue of security patch updates, which is fundamental and cannot get out of hand. They have to rectify quickly. Issues such as the unification of design, styles, icon sizes, or texts without translating into the corresponding language, which may be of less importance, is not without importance for the image of the brand and I verify that I do not perceive them as I see other people do it. It's not that I don't care about them, it's that many times I don't even notice them.

But I also have to say that there are multiple occasions, that problems are reported that I am unable to reproduce or have never occurred to me. "This fails me, the other fails me, one thing does not appear, etc.", and I without any of those errors. Logically, you would have to check many things about the configuration of those mobiles to be able to know if we are in the same scenario and therefore they are comparable. If I have the OnePlus Launcher, and someone else has a different Launcher, for example, in my opinion, it is impossible and useless to confront problems and find solutions. I think that in many cases we lack that information and we stay at the door but closed.

Of course, I know that OnePlus listens to us, that it cannot pay attention to all of us who ask for improvements, that we do not always all agree with some decisions it makes, but that between them it has been possible to reach a level that, by except me, I would not have imagined.

Possibly there are many things missing or over, but in my modest understanding, this is what I think I should do as a review. I trust that you have liked it and that it has responded to the demands of such an important task as The Lab has been since its implementation. At least I have tried.

Never settle.

Attached Files:

10. R2rB_ski
    Donut Apr 5, 2021

R2rB_ski , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Many thanks, definitely more interesting insights than professional testers (I mean profi YT-ers/testers etc :)). Looks like the op is an addictive test toy :), I'm so excited waiting for my OP9pro.

jlasensiofi likes this.
  11. Slashbeetle
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021 at 4:03 AM

jlasensiofi likes this.
  12. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Apr 8, 2021 at 12:53 PM

TibiTibi , Apr 8, 2021 at 12:53 PM :
    🦘
    and thank you
    for the review

Very nice photos and fluid reading of the text.

I just skipped the screenshots.

superplus likes this.
  13. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 9, 2021 at 11:02 AM

jlasensiofi , Apr 9, 2021 at 11:02 AM :
    Many thanks, @R2rB_ski! Wow, that fills me with satisfaction and is a great moral reward for the work I did

Thanks from my heart :hearteyes:

Yeah! :) I am very happy that you liked all those shots! Many thanks @Slashbeetle :hearteyes:

Infinite thanks, my dear friend, @TibiTibi! You don't know how happy that opinion makes me know. Thank you very very much ;):hearteyes:

TibiTibi likes this.
  14. Junjun Baccay
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021 at 3:52 PM

jlasensiofi likes this.
  15. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 11, 2021 at 8:48 PM

Junjun Baccay likes this.
  16. R2rB_ski
    Donut Apr 11, 2021 at 9:34 PM

R2rB_ski , Apr 11, 2021 at 9:34 PM :
    I got my OP9Pro :) on Friday, I didn't have too many opportunities to try the camera, so here are just a few examples. In my opinion, sometimes photos are too sharpened. Generally, there is no tragedy :), my copy does not heat up too much and the battery lasts all day. IMG_20210410_163012.jpg IMG_20210411_141658_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20210411_141357.jpeg

jlasensiofi likes this.
  17. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 12, 2021 at 9:42 AM

jlasensiofi , Apr 12, 2021 at 9:42 AM :
    Yeah! :hearteyes:

Great, I'm glad you already have it and are happy with it! :);)

Good photos, it is true, and a precious companion. On the subject that you comment on the photos that are too sharp, I say something in the post that I am going to publish with an update. But not from experience, if not from what I read.

In nothing, I upload it.

Congratulations and enjoy it :hearteyecat:

18. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 12, 2021 at 11:09 AM

jlasensiofi , Apr 12, 2021 at 11:09 AM :
    Update about the camera

Hey, guys. As I told you in The Lab's review of the camera, the photos I took preceded the latest compilations that brought improvements to it.

As I mentioned in the review, from the first moment I thought the camera is the best I've ever had on a OnePlus model. I believed it and I still believe it.

The photos I've taken with the Oxygen OS 11.2.2.2.LE15BA and Oxygen OS 11.2.3.3.LE15BA compilations allow me to reaffirm my condition. That is why there are still some small problems that I will discuss this later.

I think the results I've gotten seem very good. In all Modes, I see sharpness and color maintenance. With regard to sharpness, I have read that the camera has what is called "sharp" in excess. Sharpening is a technique to increase the apparent sharpness of the image. Unfortunately, I have to acknowledge my ignorance, which does not allow me to determine whether that is the case or not. I certainly do not question that aspect, all I'm saying is that I'm not able to detect it. For me, the images are sharp and from there I can't go any further.

The Wide Angle Mode seems extraordinary to me, and the Telephoto Mode, I think is good. Both in this Mode and the photos I take with different zoom scales are solved without trepidation and without having to work miracles, that is, without having to look for extra supports or use a tripod. All of these updates are handmade and without any of the additional items, I just commented on.

Photos produce a very balanced Histogram, and maybe Auto Mode will help you saturate and overexpose a little. This increased saturation I do not appreciate in High-Resolution Auto Mode that contrasts and balances the lights very well, in my view.

As I said in the review, the watercolor effect I have not noticed in any photo, the green colors that, in previous models have been a problem, in the 9 Pro reproduces them with naturalness and rigor.

I do have to say a couple of questions. In any Mode, in shadow areas, and if the photo is not well exposed, some noise may appear, although it does not always occur. And on the other hand, I've noticed that Pro Mode tends to underexpose the photo. I'll explain. When you want to take a photo with this Mode and adjust the Histogram so that there is no right, the photos come out underexposed, and if I make it look good, then the Histogram shows a certain right. I have already reported these issues and I hope that a reason and a solution will be found.

Here I leave you a first series of photos and that I will try to update again in a few days with new whether or not there is an update.

Wide-angle.

HOJDrzs - Imgur.jpg

hnTOe5C - Imgur.jpg

Panorama.

I want to make it clear that in this panorama the background is blurry. It was a windy day and I don't know if that defect is due to that circumstance or it's a camera problem in this mode. I'll try to repeat the scene in better weather conditions and compare.

s2TDQ2B - Imgur.jpg

Telephoto.

X3rF28v - Imgur.jpg

89F3WX3 - Imgur.jpg

udEI0j7 - Imgur.jpg

Zoom.

I72s7Bq - Imgur.jpg

8r9GiWN - Imgur.jpg

Auto and Auto High Resolution Modes.

When I did these first two photos I didn't have the watermark on.

OzG4AYl - Imgur.jpg

And that's why, in the second, I took the opportunity to make a big cut in which you can appreciate the details of the reason for the scene.

frSu0Fx - Imgur.jpg

TUBlUzF - Imgur.jpg

jhoa7oc - Imgur.jpg

Gp84H9b - Imgur.jpg

zF5mWrh - Imgur.jpg

gCRsYlL - Imgur.jpg

GBRbfcs - Imgur.jpg

8qopjhx - Imgur.jpg

IsCZBgd - Imgur.jpg

IvxIV22 - Imgur.jpg

7oODad0 - Imgur.jpg

sL7qGTz - Imgur.jpg

j3NqlvB - Imgur.jpg

Pro Mode.

As I told you at the beginning, this mode produces a certain underexposure when you correctly adjust the Histogram. In these comparisons, you can see what I mean.

X2oE3kz - Imgur.jpg

In the photo of Pro Mode, you see noise in shadows, a theme that was what I was referring to a little earlier.

You can also see that underexposure in these other three photos. You can also see that underexposure in these other three photos. The first is made with an ISO 125 and an exposure time of 1/2500 s., ISO 100 and 1/1600 s. the second and ISO 100 and 1/2000 s. the third. Therefore, there should be no reason for that difference between Auto and Pro Modes.

HDq6QBS - Imgur.jpg

And one last comparison.

8ZysWwX - Imgur.jpg

Does this mean that Pro Mode does not work as it should? Not at all. Pro Mode takes great photos, but you must have the patience that this Mode deserves to adjust the parameters. It is not a way to focus and shoot, it is a way to meditate, adjust and spend time on it. Proof of this is some of these photographs that, if we have seen them this way before, made directly from the camera and without subsequent editions would look like this.

s9vPHaf - Imgur.jpg

fOm5PRr - Imgur.jpg

Or you could get some pictures like this.

ydIR0en - Imgur.jpg

lIp0tao - Imgur.jpg

And finally, a riddle. Which of these three photos are taken in Pro Mode? I compare Auto Mode, Automatic High Resolution, and Pro Mode.

D4iStnX - Imgur.jpg

I reiterate that I am a simple user, a demanding user but sure not as much as other people who are professionals or photography experts. For that reason, the summary of this first update is the same as my thought of the review made in The Lab, as an opinion outside of all professional and made by a mere amateur. The camera of the OnePlus 9 Pro seems excellent to me, its co-development with Hasselblad has been a total success, you can get more out of it when those small errors are fixed and mark the start of the best camera that OnePlus has ever had on any of your devices.

I cannot say if the photos are good or not, I think it's you who can have your opinion and I leave that option open to you, leaving your decision to all the doubts or asking what you want to ask me.

I will try to update more photos as I told you at the beginning and I hope you liked it.

Never Settle.

19. BetiK
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2021 at 1:21 PM

BetiK , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 12, 2021 at 1:21 PM :
    Thanks for the complete and professional review @jlasensiofi
    The best part for me is, copied from your own words.

"My conclusion is that the OnePlus 9 Pro camera is, without a doubt, the best I have had since I started my journey with the brand."

Greetings 🇧🇷

jlasensiofi likes this.
  20. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 12, 2021 at 1:52 PM

jlasensiofi , Apr 12, 2021 at 1:52 PM :
    Oh, thank you so much for your words, @BetiK! :)

They make me very happy and I am glad that you found it that way ;):hearteyes:

Thank you very much and take good care of yourself. A big greeting.