[The Lab] The Pelican OnePlus 6 Review

1. inffy
    KitKat May 28, 2018

inffy , May 28, 2018 :
    where is that info from? As far as I know, the secondary camera isn't used in lowlight conditions as its only function is to provide the bokeh effect on portrait pictures?

2. hogwarts1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2018

3. Predict23
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2018

Predict23 , May 28, 2018 :
    Vibration motor is shit i think :/

hogwarts1982 likes this.
  4. pelicaano
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 28, 2018

pelicaano , May 28, 2018 :
    as for the ambient light sensor i've had no problems at all, it works perfectly.
    the vibration, to be honest I'm really satisfied with the vibration on the OP6, I prefer this one to the one on my 5T.

5. pelicaano

6. pelicaano

I'm sorry!! That was a mistake! It's been corrected now.
    On the OP5T is a sensor that is turned on on extreme low light condition (that's why I wrote that , I just mixed the info while writing!). Whereas on the OP6 is just a normal sensor to help on portrait mode as you mentioned.

7. pelicaano

Stickied Post
    DAY 6 - Conclusion

[​IMG]

Whoa! It’s been seven days already? Time flies and so did we on this LAB squad. Let’s head to the last topic and make a summary of everything we’ve seen on the past few days.

To sum up everything I’ll make a pros and cons list:

Cons:

Lack of stereo speakers_
    The speaker on the OnePlus 6 is ok. But that’s it. It’s a normal speaker with some distortion on extreme highs and no deep bass, also, it’s in a really easy to cover position, specially on landscape mode.

No expandable storage_
    It's nice to have a dual-SIM tray and being able to use multiple carriers, but it would be even nicer to have an expandable memory tray for microSD.

No wireless charging_
    It's a big bummer not having wireless charging, specially now that OnePlus opted for a glass back design. It would have been a nice addition.

Not official water resistance_
    If you are to put any type of resistance you might as well make it official or else we’re here without knowing what to expect. Although OnePlus claims it is resistant to daily splashes, it would have been nice to see an IP rating on this flagship.

1080p display_
    This is both a con and a pro. Let me explain: it would be nice to see a 2K or better display on the OP6, specially if you are into VR things, but also to have a crispier looking display; but, the pro side is that with is 1080p display you’ll get an astonishing battery life.

Pros:

Battery life / Fast Charging_
    To pick up where I left the cons list, the battery life on the OnePlus 6 is amazing. I get an average of 5h of SOT. That’s due to the 1080p display and the combination of the efficiency of the 845 processor. That combined with the OnePlus signature Fast Charging gives you one amazing battery life and charging combination. This charging technology is really amazing, you just have to plug it in for 30mins before you need it and you’ll get enough juice for the day.

OxygenOS_
    A close-to-stock Android experience but with some neat and useful tweaks that makes the overall usage a lot more fluid, intuitive and pleasant. Combine that with the astonishing performance of the 6 and man, there’s no pixels you’ll miss (cofcof).

AMOLED display:
    There’s nothing like an AMOLED display with its pure deep blacks and its beautiful colors, mix it with this amazing screen real estate of the 6 and it’s a gift to the eyes, while also helping with battery. 84% screen-to-body-ratio, but 100% pleasure to look and use.

OIS_
    It’s great to see that OnePlus listens to its community and brought back the OIS on the 6. It provides you with the ability of taking even better shots and turns the overall camera experience a lot better.

Price_
    I’ve left this for the end because, yes, you need to keep in mind that this is a flagship-like device with a “small” (smaller that other flagships on the market with which the OP6 competes) price tag and still offers with a flagship experience.

I couldn’t continue without praising the new design language on the OnePlus, I really love the new glass-sandwich look, the mirror black finish and also the symmetry on the back (even though the fingerprint magnet that it is). Well done on this one.

And that’s it. Now, the question you all want to see answered: Would I recommend it?
    Definitely. The OnePlus 6 is an amazing device that keeps competing with all the highest end flagships on the markets with a competitive price tag. It has a renewed design language, top shelf specs and and amazing overall performance. Of course it has its downs and lacks somethings. But, which device doesn’t? There’s not such thing as the perfect device, but the OnePlus 6, if a little bit worked, could be real close to it, in my opinion.
    Although it’s an amazing device, if you are currently using some device like the 5T or equivalent, I wouldn’t recommend you to trade for the 6, I think you are well served with a device like the 5T and there are not enought trade-offs for the 6. But if you are rolling a OP5 or anything in the 2016’s bezel world and you wanna catch up the smartphone trend with an amazing performance and a great looking unique device, the 6 is the phone to get.

My experience has been amazing with the 6 and I’m sure it will continue to be. Although all its cons, they're absolutely not a deal-breaker. This one won’t definitely settle for a couple(+) years.

[​IMG]

This post concludes my journey on the LAB reviewer squad, but I don’t wanna leave without saying a couple words:

I’ve been granted this amazing opportunity to review the OnePlus 6 and have it to share with you all and I couldn’t be any happier and thankful! It’s been amazing experiencing this device and share all my thoughts with the community, read all your comments and answering you. I really hope you’ve enjoyed as much as I did and continue asking questions about the new flagship, cause I’ll be happy to answer them. Also a big shoutout to my fellow reviewers on the squad which made this flight a lot more fun, enjoyable and interesting, with all of them sharing great content and thoughts.

Once again and to finish it up, thank you OnePlus, thank you guys. We’ll see each other around.

This was the Pelican review.
    Thank you for flying with me.

Last edited: May 29, 2018

8. F_Lorenzo_Lucchesi_YRWH
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 29, 2018

pelicaano likes this.
  9. pelicaano
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 29, 2018

pelicaano , May 29, 2018 :
    cheers mate [e]1f64c[/e][e]1f64c[/e]

10. GopalB.
    Nougat May 30, 2018

GopalB. , May 30, 2018 :
    You forgot no USB 3.0... [​IMG]
    PS: Love that pic man!!! [​IMG]

pelicaano likes this.
  11. pelicaano
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 30, 2018

pelicaano , May 30, 2018 :
    thanks dude [e]1f64c[/e][e]1f64c[/e]

GopalB. likes this.
  12. Thierry.Decreme
    Cupcake May 31, 2018

Thierry.Decreme , May 31, 2018 :
    bonjour,
    je viens de recevoir mon OP6 et il y a un avantage pour moi non négligeable, certain critiquerons qu'il n'y a pas d'écouteurs, mais la coque et la protection écran d'origine pour débuter c'est quand même pas mal. bravo Oneplus

pelicaano and Joel B like this.
  13. abdulsattarsaheb
    Donut May 31, 2018

abdulsattarsaheb , May 31, 2018 :
    hi I have one problem with op 6 . my battery drains so fast that it stands only for half day for me . any one have same problem . kindly help to solve it

14. gneitingable
    Gingerbread May 31, 2018

pelicaano likes this.
  15. prasannasomvanshi
    Cupcake May 31, 2018

pelicaano likes this.
  16. bobbycyr1
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2018

bobbycyr1 , Jun 1, 2018 :
    I also thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and wanted to share. Thank you for taking the time to put all of your thoughts down for all of us in this community to read and view. All of the photos included in your review look awesome! You communicated a whole lot of very insightful thoughts into this amazing, highly crafted, and superbly engineered new OP6 device. This is honestly my first OnePlus product. I have had so many different ones from many other manufacturers over the years. If this is what you and all of the community have been enjoying over these last few years then I will be a OP customer for a long time to come. I have been using this new OP6 device as my new daily driver since the morning of the 25th (the day it arrived on my desk!). It is in my humble opinion, with out a doubt, a standout when it comes to "Value For Money."

pelicaano likes this.
  17. peddakkaq3
    Donut Jun 1, 2018

pelicaano likes this.
  18. K1527802451109
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2018

pelicaano likes this.
  19. jim cam
    Donut Jun 1, 2018

jim cam , Jun 1, 2018 :
    How long is the charging cord?

pelicaano likes this.
  20. pelicaano
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 1, 2018

pelicaano , Jun 1, 2018 :
    hi Abdul! I have no problems with the battery, but if you do, please contact support for deeper help. cheers