[The Lab] Your device, your opinion: OnePlus 7T Series Review Challenge

1. Dinu Constantin
    Froyo Nov 17, 2019

2. M1574035923316
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

M1574035923316 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    oh no.. I am running late for the party! I would love to send in my review of the 7T Pro, bit just found this post. Can I still join the competition?

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 18, 2019

dsmonteiro , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 18, 2019 :
    You only have a few hours to go, I'm afraid. 4h40 to be exact. Still, feel free to give it your best shot!

4. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , Nov 18, 2019 :
    The correct way to submit bugs or suggestions is through the Feedback option in the Community app. You have an option to submit bugs, that includes log reports, and an option to submit suggestions, where you can submit feature requests or improvements.

Posting it here, especially in unrelated threads, will have limited impact.

5. D1574040561829
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

D1574040561829 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I am facing the screen flickring problem...I have bought 7t jus few day back....I never expected this from you one plus team.....screen issue is major for 7t....solve this....

6. dsmonteiro

Have you tried enabling DC Dimming under Settings - Utilities - OnePlus Laboratory?

All AMOLED displays regulate their brightness through flickering. Most people are perfectly fine with it. Some people, however, are affected by this. By enabling DC Dimming, your screen is instead regulated through voltage, so it should solve your issue.

7. M1574035923316
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

I have! :) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to upload photo's because these were marked as SPAM by the website.. Maybe because I am new and I posted the thread on starting point? I don't know if I can still add-on? Hopefully it is still interestingly enough :)
    --
    [The Lab] OnePlus 7T Pro:Is it really the best? Yes, the best of both worlds!

8. dsmonteiro

That's odd. You can upload images to a website like imgur and then link them instead.

What kind of error did you get?

9. M1574035923316
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

I don't remember the full text. But something about the content being marked as spam and when I removed the photos it was fine. 5 Photos, original size.

10. dsmonteiro

Hosting them elsewhere should fix the issue.

11. Srujal Pawar
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

Srujal Pawar , Nov 18, 2019 :
    My device battery drains so fast and when start playing game on it, its started heating.

Please help me with it.

12. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Nov 18, 2019

Impersonal , Nov 18, 2019 :
    The 17th of November came and went, what are the official 2 picks for Phase 2 "7TPro Lab
    review challenge" ?

13. YRJ
    Marshmallow Nov 18, 2019

YRJ , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I guess the winners will be announced after 15 days. As stated in the original post.

Impersonal likes this.
  14. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Nov 18, 2019

Yeah, maybe, didn't find so many reviews in this phase :oops: so just curious, maybe they are hidden in different subforums, and are yet to be moved or something, anyways I only asked because of that, my guess is that, sadly the 7TPro is a underwhelming, (even unnecessary device, ), and didn't really inspired so many to take part in the LAB, atleast we had a great Phase 1, the 7T really was the star of the Autumn Launch ;) ! And all the guys and gals who participated really surprised me in a pleasant way :p, exceeding any expectations, so I was really hoping for something similar in Phase 2. So to conclude it's your fault for doing such a great job, and raising the bar so high ;) that I even am interested in the rest of the Lab!

Take care @YRJ

Also information from the first post... is contradictory...

Maybe I lack proper English understanding, but "during" means(could be substituted with) "in" maybe it's just sintax error and meant "from"

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019

YRJ likes this.
  15. dsmonteiro

Winners are announced only after 15 days to avoid users trying to buy the phone just to see if they win and then return it. Now that Phase 2 has ended, I will update the Mega-Thread with all the ones that meet our criteria. Still, you can check all the 7T Pro review threads in the User Review section. Here's the list with the ones I found so far (not necessarily all fit the criteria, I haven't gone through them yet):

YRJ, mateo1597 and Impersonal like this.
  16. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

YRJ, Impersonal and dsmonteiro like this.
  17. dsmonteiro

We will pick, but only announce after. ;)

YRJ, Impersonal and mateo1597 like this.
  18. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

mateo1597 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    Alea iacta est

All that remains is to wait for the results :)

Impersonal and dsmonteiro like this.
  19. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Nov 18, 2019

Ok, thank you for your intervention @dsmonteiro, and for scoping out some of the (elusive) reviews, anyways I was just curious :D
    As I stated in the comment above, Phases 1 of the Lab really was great, and I might have become addicted to quality user generated content...

On a personal level, I see you, and only you, omnipresent, doing ALL the work around here, from Contest, Announcements, Weekly Updates even moderating and updating and I as many more appreciate you, for your efforts.... But is OnePlus so understaffed, that this huge Community management rests on a one man shoulders, (I know some of the employees parted ways, and some took a step back) so maybe prospect the Community itself and approach someone (as you once were) find a interesting, devoted, young, smart and passionate user, maybe someone from India (OnePlus biggest market), maybe someone who proved himself, time and time again, who puts a lot of effort in his free work here, opening countless awesome threads, someone who is appreciated and respectful and respected, someone who recently won a Lab review :p...
    What I'm trying to say, is that I miss your hiking photo/vlog/post, you obviously need time for that...

Cheers David!

ps: In some regions (especially in the EU) retailers offer by law a month of free, no questions asked returns :p

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019

YRJ likes this.
  20. YRJ
    Marshmallow Nov 18, 2019

YRJ , Nov 18, 2019 :
    The 7T Pro is targeted towards people who are due to upgrade but did not pick the 7 Pro. It has all the nice features from the 7Pro and also fills the gap that the 7T created. All in it's a complete phone but a negligible improvement to the already awesome 7Pro!

No worries, Impersonal. I am certain that there are some really good reviews around maybe they are lying deep in starting point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I personally was quite impressed by @Master_Micael 's review.

I'm not a native English speaker either so it's okay. We all make mistakes :D