[The Lab] Your device, your opinion: OnePlus 7T Series Review Challenge

1. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

mateo1597 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    As a fellow competitor in the 2nd phase I have to admit that the @Master_Micael review is very well written.
    I regret that I did not come up with some ideas on visualization and how to convey information.
    Unfortunately - this can't be changed. :(

The only thing left for me to hope for is second place ;)

Master_Micael and Impersonal like this.
  2. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

Regarding the topic of device replacement, @YRJ is right. I have 3T for a long time and this year I was waiting for the 7Pro in an improved version of T.
    As it turned out, the basic model 7 had major changes, but still I'm very happy with my purchase.

YRJ, thoma_hawk and Impersonal like this.
  3. L1566389389011
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

4. aakash chate
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

5. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

thoma_hawk , Nov 18, 2019 :
    And that is all that matters. If the phone makes you happy and feel satisfied, then you have found your OnePlus ;)

I have been reading lot of posts and articles debating the existence of 7T Pro, and honestly what does people expect OnePlus to do? The 7 Pro is already a great phone, so any improvements on top of that is a big plus (again that is just my opinion).

OnePlus 7T needed those upgrades to keep up with the tough competition (the tables have turned and everyone is trying to be the OnePlus killer). Also, this is what OnePlus always did with the T varients, and it makes absolute sense. The competition already offers multi-camera setup, Snapdragon 855, plenty of RAM, AMOLED display with notch and fast charging. The 7T absolutely needed the boost to be one step ahead.

Impersonal and mateo1597 like this.
  6. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

You can still do those changes. It won't be considered for valuation but if it makes your review better for readers, then why not go ahead and give it the finishing touch?

Everyone brings something different to their review and I for one appreciates the personal touch more than the traditional review approach (I would go and read a professional review if I needed that). I truly enjoyed the camera part in your review. It was filled with genuine every day pictures and I found it more beautiful and closer to reality than in any other review. All the best.

Impersonal and mateo1597 like this.
  7. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

Given the number of upgrade on the 7T, one would like to see some significant changes in the Pro series.
    But as you wrote, 7Pro is such a complete device that it did not require many modifications. Of course, the hardware specs are the best, but that's not what makes this phone so great.

For me, the choice was only between 7Pro and 7T Pro. I can't convince myself of a notch, and the slide-out camera has its charm for me.
    After information that the Pro versions will have the new Android straight out of the box, counting on faster updates and longer software support, I chose the Pro version.
    The icing on the cake was information about competitions on our community forum

thoma_hawk likes this.
  8. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

It's probably not because you are new. My review was my first post in the forum and I had posted in starting point. I did saw the aggressive moderation/spam filter kicking in when I used certain words. Substituted what I thought is the culprit, and it let me post it. Not sure if such a filter exist for images. Images are supposed to be less than 2MB and 50 max per post (if I remember correctly), and I posted exactly 50 (it won't let you add more).

mateo1597 likes this.
  9. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

The conditions of participation state that all corrections and modifications must be made before the deadline. I would not dare to see for myself that I violated these rules ;-)

I am very pleased to hear that you liked my photos. To be honest, when I was 3T I didn't use it for everyday photography, because unfortunately the camera often couldn't cope with fast autofocus, catching a fast running child or photos from evening meetings at home.
    Since I have 7T Pro I take pictures more often and willingly in everyday circumstances, which translates into their examples in the review.
    Of course, it's not 100% perfect. Sometimes they come out exaggerated, blurry or poorly cropped, but I'm still more happy reaching for my smartphone to quickly take a few photos.
    I liked the night mode the most - you can get a lot of great shots that I wouldn't have thought of so far :-D

thoma_hawk likes this.
  10. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

Though not relevant here, I found some previous lab posts were missing pictures (probably hosted elsewhere and got removed). Atleast for lab posts, I would like to see images being hosted within the forum (and without any unfortunate incidents like this).

dsmonteiro likes this.
  11. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2019

@dsmonteiro can confirm. I think I read somewhere that modification are ok, but not going to be considered for evaluation (the post version before deadline will be considered). I'm using the app and it's quite difficult (atleast for me) to find and quote the exact post which clarified that. @YRJ had raised this question somewhere.

YRJ, dsmonteiro and mateo1597 like this.
  12. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

thoma_hawk , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Here you go @mateo1597 .

dsmonteiro likes this.
  13. YRJ
    Marshmallow Nov 19, 2019

YRJ , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I believe every entry is unique in its own way. There is no room for comparison as everyone's views are different. If all the entries were exactly the same the Lab would lose its purpose. Put you mind at ease.

All the best for the results ;)

thoma_hawk and mateo1597 like this.
  14. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

mateo1597 , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease :)

The only thing left is to wait for the results, but i have some nice night shots i`d like to share,
    so i guess it`s time to add something to the review ;)

YRJ likes this.
  15. YRJ
    Marshmallow Nov 19, 2019

YRJ , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Looking forward :)

16. mjetje and mateo1597 like this.
  17. Master_Micael
    Donut Nov 21, 2019

Master_Micael , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Thanks for the support! I loved your photos, not only the technical details but also the ideas for background and overall concept. Congratulations!

mateo1597 likes this.
  18. mateo1597
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

mateo1597 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

Now all that remains is to wait (im)patiently :D

mjetje and Master_Micael like this.
  19. Abhishek J R
    Donut Nov 22, 2019

20. kumardeepakthakur
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2019

kumardeepakthakur , Nov 23, 2019 :
    I am facing problem with the touch screen response .I bought one plus to experience gaming on phone.Even talked to some one having same phone complained about Touch.Please add some touch feature to listen song and forward reverse .