[The Lab] Your device, your opinion: OnePlus 7T Series Review Challenge

1. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2019

Impersonal , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Looking forward to it, especially now when you also have some (guessing) gorgeous photos taken in the mountains... Camera seems something that OP really worked on on in this T iteration of the 7...
    THANK YOU!

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Sep 29, 2019

dsmonteiro , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Didn't take the 7T with me, you'll be able to follow my review as I experience each part of the device. ;)

B.I.T.S., Bouncer71 and Impersonal like this.
  3. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2019

Impersonal , Sep 29, 2019 :
    ;) there is no rush, I mean the device didn't even launched were we live :p, and the mountains in Portugal/Spain are as beautiful as in China

B.I.T.S., Bouncer71 and dsmonteiro like this.
  4. Perinkumar
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

5. sunhumbre
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

sunhumbre , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 29, 2019 :
    The Clark Kent of Mobile phones
    Because even though it doesn't advertise its powers, it is the Superman among the mist and people need to see it. Ill explain it.

Unboxing and Design:
    That note on the box made it so personal for me. Making the box longer than crowding everything in was a good idea. The phones design is amazing, perfect for every hand. I went for the colour Glacier Blue because it look and feel is new and no one has that to offer.

Display:
    Display with 90Hz along with Oxygen OS feels like flowing water. I just hope there are more apps to support 90Hz. Also touch latency is 40ms which i think very few phones offer so you will have the "Fastest Draw in the West"[e]1f609[/e].

Camera:
    I felt front and rear camera in Normal mode is the same but Portrait mode has been much more refined. Also ulta-wide angle cam takes up the entire room. So no more going upto corners of the room to cover the entire room. The Macro mode on demo/display units was so good. I was able to take photo of ridges in my fingerprints but the sale unit i received was having problems focusing. I hope this is a bug and Oneplus team makes it go away in next update.

Performance:
    Feels faster and snappier than OP7. Games work seamlessly on highest settings. Its a beast in this category.

Oxygen OS:
    I have been using Oxygen OS on 3T for 3 years and as always it been phenomenal, Never lets me down. Just one problem i feel, when using Fnatic mode i did not even knew i was getting a call. Atleast a notification would do because i use dual sim due to which there are network fluctuations in internet. So i see myself using Fnatic mode regularly and a notification would be good.

This device is a Superman, use it to discover it.

hemanth_mudra likes this.
  6. rameshshreyas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2019

rameshshreyas , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I think if you extend the 1st deadline by a week it would be great. Stocks are over and expected delivery is about 6-7 days. Please consider @dsmonteiro !

dsmonteiro likes this.
  7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Sep 29, 2019

dsmonteiro , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Hi there, you need to create the thread on User Reviews section, as stated in the original post. Entries here will not be accepted.

Also, please bear in mind that you should own the phone and share pictures of and taken with it.

8. sunhumbre
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

9. PankajS
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2019

abhilash_saikia likes this.
  10. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 29, 2019

Bouncer71 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Nice twist to the LAB...

Hope the reviews will be just as comprehensive as the past...

Good luck everyone participating... :D

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019

11. MaverickGP
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

12. jivesh dhankhar
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

13. MaverickGP
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

14. MaverickGP
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

MaverickGP , via OnePlus 3T , Sep 30, 2019 :
    is the camera of 7Pro isn't better with 3x zoom whereas in 7T one gets 2x zoom?

15. MaverickGP
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

MaverickGP , via OnePlus 3T , Sep 30, 2019 :
    OnePlus 7T if bought in India, can the same handset be LTE friendly in US or in Europe or vice versa?? My 3T was not LTE compatible with carriers in USA.... does that mean we buy new phones every time one visits a new country?

16. Q1516012563450
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

17. B1567410133839
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

18. IamMitesh
    Froyo Sep 30, 2019

IamMitesh , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Is there any mobile upgrade service from OnePlus Official?
    I had bought Oneplus7 before 2 months.
    and after Releasing oneplus7T .. i am excited to buy it! if there is a Upgrade programme like Apple.inc have .

19. G_Mehul_Parmar_XexT
    Eclair Sep 30, 2019

20. Anand PM
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2019

Anand PM , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Please stick with the old camera design.

I've chosen Oneplus over many phones that had a cirular camera bump, and it kills me to see Oneplus following that pattern.

Only Ironman looks good with a hole on his chest.

Bouncer71 likes this.