Cupcake Nov 26, 2020

9. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 26, 2020

Dunnow , Nov 26, 2020 :
    and JIO video calls

10. Dunnow

Dunnow , Nov 26, 2020 :
    I don't particularly think "developers" have to do much. I use an SDK and an IDE and I code an if / else /while /for etc kind of instruction. I don't really care what the compiler does to make it run over an ARM based chip or an x86 or whatever.

The PROBLEM here with the M1 is that it's running x86 based OUTPUTS from a compiler, and using rosetta 2 to actually interpret those instructions for an x86 and translate them to an ARM based instruction set.

So, it's not that you, me, or a company, as developers, should CHANGE any of our code. The code is the same. The exact same. (unless you add HW specific features, which is completely off-topic here) is the fact that when I hit "compile release version" my compiler actually outputs a binary file to be executed ON an ARM instruction set for M1 AND an x86 instruction set.

Don't go spreading that DEVS will do this or that. Devs won't change shit really (in the most part), it's based on development tools support to M1 what WILL make the difference when things like photoshop are "optimized" for m1.

No one at Adobe will change a line of code to make photoshop run "faster", Adobe just needs their dev tools (whatever they are) to give native support for m1.

I see LOTS of miss-understood information regarding this topic. If an app runs shitty on M1 it's not going to be the developers fault, it's going to be roseta 2 fault. Or the fact that the tools they use do not support M1 architecture.

11. Debtanu Ganguly , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Yes exactly that's what I mentioned in short . " It may take time for Devs to accept.the M1 architecture" . Lots of changes needs to be done .. and several bugs and errors will appear slowly as Devs test on the M1 chip .
    So what I have seen from many posts in reddit, twitter, YouTube..etc etc .. minor issues are being faced by certain individuals ..
    But slowly when M1 will be full functional.. then it will rule the whole world .. it's freaking powerful 🔥

We just need to set back .. play a lofi song and keep coding 🤗

12. Dunnow

Dunnow , Nov 26, 2020 :
    I'm just sad I hate MacOS so much. Because for once, Apple may be starting to do a reasonable price on their computer line.

Typed from a Macbook Pro 16" 2020 btw. (The it just works is a HUGE lie just sayin)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020

suhantm likes this.
  13. Parth dhoni
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2020

14. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 26, 2020

drmartin , Nov 26, 2020 :
    I may have misunderstood the comment, but I can do all those things on my macbook. :)

Re:Finder didn't change for 15 years, missing cut-paste etc. Networking didn't change for 20 years still cannot vpn with the same subnet, no UNC. Cloud almost not exists.

I can cut and paste (Command+X and Command+V).

Not sure what vpn on same subnet means.

UNC works... I can browse my network by using \\server-name\directory\filename

And Cloud exists, whether you use iCloud or one of the many third parties that integrate, like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020

15. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2020

Zeaiclies , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Huawei made a laptop?
    That's sad if they did. Why does everyone want to be Apple.

16. Dipesh619
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2020

17. prfraczek
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2020

prfraczek , Nov 26, 2020 :
    I can cut and paste (Command+X and Command+V). NOT FILES sometimes Alt helps but not always

Not sure what vpn on same subnet means.

UNC works... I can browse my network by using \\server-name\directory\filename IF THIS IS TRUE IT WOULD LOOK
    //server-name/directory/filename -forward slash not backslash. It does work once mapped.

And Cloud exists, y third parties that integwhether you use iCloud or one of the manrate, like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc...
    :)

add event to icloud calendar, share folder, do anything in cloud. Sorry you're right cloud exist but useless