The making of the OnePlus Nord LE

1. Andy Liu.
    OnePlus Nord Product Manager Staff Member Apr 10, 2021

Andy Liu. , Apr 10, 2021 :
    LE Banner2.jpg

In my last forum post, I told you why we created the OnePlus Nord LE (Literally Only One Edition). Long story short, it’s all because my favorite coffee shop in Shenzhen ran out of oat milk. Now, I’m going to tell you how we made the OnePlus Nord LE.

Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither are OnePlus Nord one-of-a-kind colorways. Just like OnePlus Nord’s Blue Marble, Gray Onyx, and Gray Ash variants, we continually experimented with a variety of different colors and finishes before finalizing the single OnePlus Nord LE model.

The OnePlus Nord LE boasts a one-of-a-kind gradient finish that seamlessly transitions from orange to green. Fun fact, we referred to this color internally as ‘Spirit Garden’ – but if you win the OnePlus Nord LE you can call it whatever you want, I suppose.

Once we decided on the color of the OnePlus Nord LE, it then needed to be applied to a OnePlus Nord model. Simply put, we took a clear version of OnePlus Nord’s glass rear panel and applied a dual layer film that allows multiple colors to seamlessly blend together on a single device.

Naturally, the benefits of using dual layer film technology are obvious – you get incredible-looking devices like the OnePlus Nord LE. That said, the success rate of making a phone’s finish using such technology is pretty low. On average, you get one pristine OnePlus Nord device from every twenty that you make.

The OnePlus Nord LE’s rear panel is smooth to the touch, the colors have low saturation, and the entire phone conforms to our internal design philosophy. I think the OnePlus Nord LE gives off a young, positive, and relaxed feeling – I’m sure if you win it you’ll agree.

If you haven’t already, enter our giveaway for a chance to win the OnePlus Nord LE. You’ll need to do the following:
    • Make sure you’re following @oneplus.nord on Instagram
    • Take a picture of your current smartphone and post it on your Instagram feed – your caption needs to tell us why you want to upgrade to OnePlus Nord. Oh, and don’t forget to include #SwitchToNord in your caption, either
    For more details, click here.

To read the full giveaway terms and conditions, click here.

Never Settle.

2. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2021

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 10, 2021

YRJ , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Which one is it? :rolleyes:

Bobbie63, SRD., McJader and 1 other person like this.
  4. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 10, 2021

5. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 10, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Why don't you put the OnePlus Nord LE video in this thread, already promoting on Instagram @Andy Liu.? :(

6. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Apr 10, 2021

puccellino and SRD. like this.
  7. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2021

8. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2021

9. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Apr 10, 2021

The1Lion , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Reported for duplicate thread, a mod will arrive and merge this thread with the older one ;):p

10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 10, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Nope.......if you wanna see it, you gotta install Instagram.:p

all this fuzz over a just one=of. Wonder if you’ll get a certificate with the phone.....and a gold inlayed presentation box.....and a one-of design charger........and stickers?:oops:

11. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Apr 10, 2021

Oh boy! Now I really want it!

It has to be worth a trillion buck right? I mean there is nothing like it! Well maybe "like" it but different color so it's the only one in that color and to all those that collect OnePlus phones (those people exist right?), this phone will be "The One" to own! ;)

12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 10, 2021

It will be the one to own indeed.

“we tooka clear version of OnePlus Nord’s glass rear panel and applied a dual layer film that allows multiple colors to seamlessly blendtogether on a single device.”

other words for someone slapped a sticker on a cover.

That said, the success rate of making a phone’s finish using such technology is pretty low. On average, you get one pristine OnePlus Nord device from every twenty that you make.

sounds to me like someone needs to step up his “sticker slapping” skills:rolleyes:

13. C1608577979436
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2021

14. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Apr 10, 2021

Luckily the got the one pristine Nord the first try :smirk:

meatandy and Bobbie63 like this.
  15. vijay.kumar354
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2021

17. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 10, 2021

18. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 10, 2021

What about a golden version, Nord Escobar edition?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021

19. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 10, 2021

meatandy , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Autographed personally by Peblo . :p