The new 3.5.2 build is much better optimized. The new development team is doing great job.

1. aj7400
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 15, 2016

aj7400 , Sep 15, 2016 :
    I have always grinned about oneplus optimization.

But after the community build 3.5.2 i would say its much better optimized, its much more smooth.

The new developer team is doing a much better job than the previous one ...

I am becoming a fan of oneplus now ...

I would request the development team to continue doing this .

Its hell smooth and alot of bug fixes have been implemented.

Snapchat lag also seems to be fixed ..its not lagging anymore.

Moreover a user feedback app has been added to report bugs ..

And also the intensity of updates shows that now the development team is really working .

Opx and op2 also got updates . .

And almost 2-3 updates in a month for op3 ...

They are really working hard to fix bugs ...

I APPRECIATE THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM.
    GOOD JOB

2. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2016

harlekinwashere , Sep 15, 2016 :
    So you created a thread to say that people that just left the company didn't optimize animations enough, and the new team is much better, because they did - so you started becoming a fan again. After you bought the phone.

That just happened.

Threads getting much more obscure in here by the hour.

Is this because its harder to stay on message? (Chinese dev team much better, than chinese dev team before optimizing animations?).

Just for the record. 3.2.2 was smooth as butter. Old team.

Now what?

edit:

To add more on topic stuff:

Not a fan of the uncertainty and powergames around how much BS the chinese team could integrate into a s tock rom to make Oneplus customers generate more money after the fact - by using their OS.

Not a fan at all.

Even that the official messaging suggests, that they are looking into how much they can hit us over the head with, without us noticing - is too much.

Go Dev team. Clap if you like features.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016

Edward, RonaldM, xInfnty and 3 others like this.
  3. jkb114
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2016

jkb114 , Sep 15, 2016 :
    I'm still confused where this whole "staff leaving" thing has come from, all we have is a few rumours that are floating around. Has OP actually confirmed anything?

patrice58, Salt505 and agoinfly like this.
  4. JasonMR
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2016

JasonMR , Sep 15, 2016 :
    Helen's LinkedIn page confirms she left in July, but that's about it I believe.

@harlekinwashere completely agree about 3.2.2 - apart from the Doze issue it's the best I've used for the OP3 so until something at least comparable comes along I'll be sticking with it.

Salt505 and beel27 like this.
  5. jkb114
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2016

jkb114 , Sep 15, 2016 :
    I know Helen left, but she was more the triage for the dev team rather than a developer herself. I think so as far as we're aware, there hasn't been any changes to the dev team

Salt505, agoinfly and mayursawant like this.
  6. ungeeked

ungeeked , Sep 15, 2016 :
    They should roll out a stable release as well. Community updates don't count. I haven't tried the latest version yet but previous releases were visually not so pleasing.

The lock screen dash charging indicator and fingerprint icon was crowded. Battery % and time in status bar had different icon sizes. There was one system app (yulore framework) which had a Chinese name. Manage center preview in widget selection screen had some Chinese characters. These are minor issues and should be easily fixable.

I still don't know why have they removed the stock look. I don mind them adding new stuff as long as they don't replace the old "good" stuff

7. ungeeked

ungeeked , Sep 15, 2016 :
    I don't think OnePlus will ever confirm or deny of devs have left. Even if you came to know that they have left, what's the confirmation that OnePlus hasn't hired new ones to replace them. Infact another German blog wrote that a OP spokesperson confirmed that the Oxygen and H2 development will continue separately

Salt505 likes this.
  8. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 15, 2016

youbi , Sep 15, 2016 :
    So according to you if a user shares is opinion and says that thinks that this new "Chinese build" (according to your always nice non xenophobe words.. ;) ) is better and likes it, he must be wrong. How can someone like it?!? :fearscream: o_O

Regarding the themes part, I've never been a fan of it (even with my opo were CM had it I never used it), but I know for a fact some people really like that, so why not give that option for the user that like it?!? You are not forced to use it don't you know? ;)

I just realized something, does this means that Cyanogen is also Chinese? :fearscream: They also like this OS themes thing, so they have to be Chinese... ;)

otto2, theshinybeast, Salt505 and 2 others like this.
  9. Luiz Marques
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2016

Luiz Marques , Sep 15, 2016 :
    The worst build until now... 3.5.2 is responsible to brick a lot of mobiles in less than 24 hours..... Cause when you install a custom recovery (TWRP) the mobile don't starts and you can't install custom recovery, the only TWRP works in this ROM is one posted in XDA thread, which don't have usb OTG, etc. I think it's a good work, but nobody is testing this builds before provide to download... Today I slept at 4:30AM to fix this ROM install problems (TWRP, Kernel, Root)....

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016

Salt505 likes this.
  10. jkb114
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2016

jkb114 , Sep 15, 2016 :
    It's not up to OP to test to see if their OS's work with third party recoveries. It works fine with the OP recovery

m_kozal, otto2, jerrymilton and 3 others like this.
  11. ck_______k
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2016

ck_______k , Sep 15, 2016 :
    Can I download it on 3.5.0 to directly 3.5.2 or I should also download 3.5.1 update also

Salt505 likes this.
  12. fc_themaster
    Eclair Sep 15, 2016

fc_themaster , Sep 15, 2016 :
    Same for me!!! Damn OP... i've lost all my personal data...

Salt505 likes this.
  13. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 15, 2016

Dunnow , Sep 15, 2016 :
    False. Patching failures is not providing and update. Also, this builds should be given to every device.

Salt505 likes this.
  14. aj7400

aj7400 , Sep 15, 2016 :
    Didnt they got community builds?
    I consider them an update becuase, hey , oneplus is all about flashing and stuff

Salt505 likes this.
  15. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2016

MarkLR , Sep 15, 2016 :
    From what I can tell the only people who got bricked are those who had non-stock recoveries. The forum post clearly mentioned that you had to have stock recovery to flash this thing. Mine is working fine and better than the previous one, they are indeed doing a decent job with these builds. The current one other than a few imperfections could be used as a daily driver just fine.

To be quite honest I haven't noticed any difference in smoothenss between these released. They seem equally smooth to me. Nothing wrong on praising the team though if he likes what they're doing. I honestly don't understand what you mean with the rest of the post. Honestly though I don't care about their internal struggles as long as the OS is good, to me this new version brings several improvements to the old one, while implementing everything that the old one also had.

lkosova, otto2 and Salt505 like this.
  16. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2016

SimonFullerImagery , Sep 15, 2016 :
    3.5.2 is the fastest ROM I have used on the Oneplus 3 and certainly a good percentage better than the previous community build. I do think animation length has been internally shortened but app launch times have definitely improved with the exception of youtube which somehow tends to drag its heels a bit on the community builds.

Anyway, good job and I don't seem to have any apparent issues (for now). I haven't tried 'okay google' yet as I don't want to wake the hooker. I'll try in the morning.

17. cohaolain
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2016

cohaolain , Sep 15, 2016 :
    Oh man, you've made my day ;)

Salt505 likes this.
  18. cohaolain
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2016

Salt505 likes this.
  19. Dominique57350

Dominique57350 , Sep 15, 2016 :
    Uh, wait what?
    New dev team?
    Does someone have a link with some information please.

Salt505 likes this.
  20. xankazo
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2016

Salt505 likes this.