The new 4.1.1 update did not fix the hotspot drop issue

1. Junpialei
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2017

Junpialei , Apr 5, 2017 :
    The problem is still there!
    The phone does not detect connected devices so it wifi hotspot gets automatically turned off after 5 5mins.

There is no way to access an option to extend the time of disconnection or just totally disable this useless function!!!

One plus team. This is already the third update, but this issue remains unresolved. Show some love please...

Like or comment if you are one frustrated user like me. Thanks.
    1491402089639.jpg

2. GManCluj
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017

Junpialei likes this.
  3. Florian König
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2017

Junpialei likes this.
  4. Tinybeetle
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2017

Tinybeetle , Apr 7, 2017 :
    My hotspot wouldn't work on my OP3 either. I was able to connect my OP3 via a USB-C cable to my laptop and tether my internet connection. That was pretty cool.

Junpialei likes this.
  5. Junpialei
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2017

Junpialei , Apr 7, 2017 :
    Doing the usb tethering everytime.. Bit the wire is just an annoyance.. The wifi hotspot used to work with marshmallow... I think it got left out when they moved to nougat.

6. emejias
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2017

7. rp2pilot
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2017

rp2pilot , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Peculiar .. works fine for me running latest 7.1 nougat. Previously, it only seemed to recognize connected devices when WPA was turned OFF. Try this .. reconfigure hotspot to open (no WPA), and connect one of your devices to see if the OP3T recognizes it. If it does, then try disconnect the tethered device, reconfiguring the Hotspot to use WPA, and then reconnect the device.

8. arijeetneogi
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2017

arijeetneogi , Oct 20, 2017 :
    I am facing the same problem in my OnePlus 3T device. The hotspot turn off on it own after few min even if any device is connected. It is very frustrating.
    Does OnePlus team have any solution to this ?