The Next Huawei Monster Is About To Land: P30 Pro

1. malidan Marshmallow Mar 24, 2019

malidan, Mar 24, 2019 :
    Just days now before release we, can see some of the good stuff that's about to land.
    It starting to look like its game over again in the camera stakes, as Huawei unleash a multitude of features and high quality hardware rather than software gimmicks.
    S10+ v P30 Pro camera battle up and coming soon.

The one thing I'm not impressed with is that notch, but I suppose it is what it is.

Njoy:D or Not:rolleyes:

The colour illustrated here looks fabulous.

Last edited: May 19, 2019

2. Loveit Jelly Bean Mar 24, 2019

Loveit, Mar 24, 2019 :
    RIP capacitive buttons. So sad.

eye842, malidan and xnutzii like this.
  3. malidan Marshmallow Mar 24, 2019

eye842 and Loveit like this.
  4. Loveit Jelly Bean Mar 24, 2019

malidan likes this.
  5. PokiX Jelly Bean Mar 24, 2019

PokiX, Mar 24, 2019 :
    Huawei started the business of selling BL unlock codes.
    It was for 30$ and they now raised it to 70$. This is mad.
    Bye Huawei. I never liked your cheap phones anyway.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  6. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 25, 2019

Discostu, Mar 25, 2019 :
    Looking forward to their cameras this year, they up their game time and time again and it'll be very interesting to see their lossless zoom solution. More so because I am a nerdy photographer and therefore the tech is exciting to me haha.

7. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 25, 2019

malidan likes this.
  8. SJBoss KitKat Mar 25, 2019

SJBoss, Mar 25, 2019 :
    off topic but wanted to know your views on Samsung soldering the mic and type C port on the motherboard?

9. malidan Marshmallow Mar 25, 2019

malidan, Mar 25, 2019 :
    I've not see a teardown yet, but I take it Samsung are using just a single board rather than main and a secondary?
    From a first user perspective it won't make any odd seen as the device is under warranty for 2 years and most will trade and move on when their contract ends
    Once the warranty is up IF either needs replacing most people would take it to a shop anyway and it would only effect the like of us who like to have a fiddle.
    But It does sounds like a very strange departure from the norm and must be down to design specifics.

I just had a quick look at the Mi9 and that also has the mic embedded in the motherboard.

Screenshot_20190325-173329_YouTube.jpg

eye842 likes this.
  10. malidan Marshmallow Mar 25, 2019

malidan, Mar 25, 2019 :
    Yes I do remember reading the A70 or the A90 would be notchless.
    Samsung ain't messing about in the midranged space, they said they would test all their flagship specs in this space first and they are.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

Discostu likes this.
  11. malidan Marshmallow Mar 25, 2019

malidan, Mar 25, 2019 :
    We are talking about a quality device and you mention bootloaders.:rolleyes:
    Most people who pay this kind of money will not be worrying about the bootloader.

It was back on the OPO when Huawei started to up their game, when I said these are the guys to watch OP fans laughed.
    Well they are number 2 now and nobody is laughing anymore, now they have a string of premium devices behind them.:p

12. SJBoss KitKat Mar 25, 2019

SJBoss, Mar 25, 2019 :
    Indeed.
    My first thought was, maybe the were trying to save space internally, because they still have the headphone jack and the in-display FPS but the teardown doesn’t seem like it, and as per a post on reddit it’s the same on S10e
    Mic is hardly a problem, I’m concerned about the USB port, people fcuk ‘em every now and then, the easy and cheap fix for a somewhat common problem is not there anymore.

13. PokiX Jelly Bean Mar 25, 2019

PokiX, Mar 25, 2019 :
    I was expressing a technical point of view, I'm not really into market shares for other companies tbh.
    Quality device is subjective. Hope it's better than my previous -now defunct- N6P though. Let's say they make more robust phones. But that was not even my point.
    They are slowly closing a (relatively) open system. Unlock costed 30$ some time ago. Then the unlock program was totally closed. Now it opened again and prices for an unlock code raised to 70$!
    This is just not the spirit of Android. And I hope this cancer doesn't spread to other brands.
    So, unless I don't have the choice anymore, I won't be looking at their specs. But at that time anyway, if I want a jailed system, I could also buy an iPhone then.
    </my opinion>

Hydra Bob likes this.
  14. malidan Marshmallow Mar 25, 2019

malidan, Mar 25, 2019 :
    I see they have gone for a full mainboard assembly.

Screenshot_20190325-222425_YouTube.jpg

Similar to what LG did on the 4, I could only imagine there must be some cost savings involved and possibly the liquid cooling has played a part in the design.
    Maybe even after seeing the major failures of the Pixel 3 they have decided a more rigid platform was required.
    But I will go with costs.;)

Its not the best for Mr DIY 2 year + down the line but at this moment in time it's not worth the thought.

15. ilovesoneplus Jelly Bean Mar 25, 2019

16. malidan Marshmallow Mar 25, 2019

malidan, Mar 25, 2019 :
    Nah you were just hating and being jealous as you will not own a device close to it.
    If I've said it once I've said it a million times, not even 0.5% of phone owners care about a bootloader.
    I've been doing mods from way back and unlocking the bootloader isn't high on my list.
    Quality
    Camera
    Reliability
    Brand recognition
    Is what people care about.
    Huawei devices are packed with features, unlocking the bootloader won't improve the device.

Oh the system ain't jailed, its secure so Mr Nobody can't hack into it, or did you forget a locked bootloader is there for security.;)

If it was in the spirit of Android, Google's bootloaders would come unlocked on their devices.:D

17. malidan Marshmallow Mar 25, 2019

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  18. malidan Marshmallow Mar 25, 2019

malidan, Mar 25, 2019 :
    Agreed the word FLAGSHIP has become tarnished, as every midrange owner now claims they have one.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019

nope1nope likes this.
  19. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 25, 2019

Discostu, Mar 25, 2019 :
    What they're doing with their glass back designs is quite astonishing really. Particularly the second one in this list. Beautiful.

No one can say they aren't trying to be different with their design that's for sure...

malidan likes this.
  20. malidan Marshmallow Mar 25, 2019

malidan, Mar 25, 2019 :
    Agreed they certainly set the trend from far back as the Honor 8.
    IMG_20190325_235957.jpg

Discostu likes this.