The Nord Pop-up box Fiasco via OnePlus 5T

1. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Jul 31, 2020

Darkxlight_6 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Ordered my Popup box On the 27th, I believe that was the first round of invite codes issued.
    got the tentative shipping and delivery dates of 30th July and 31st July (aka the day I published this thread)

A friend of mine ordered his on the 28th, he had to place his order on my account since the code wasn't Letting him buy it on his.
    His order got the tentative shipping and delivery dates of 3rd August and 4th August but his order got shipped this afternoon with a confirmation mail and tracking number, but his order Is said to be delivered tomorrow, the 1st of August.

So in other words his package made it out after 4 days from when he placed the order, got handed to the courier partner, will be shipped out as an overnight priority package, flown in and be handed over with a delay of give or take mostly a day. so either on the 1st or 2nd.

Yesterday (30th of July)
    I had only the creator case delivered (which is supposed to be a part of the popup box. i.e, supposed to show up inside the sealed pop-up box)
    No email or tracking details was provided prior to the delivery. Blue dart is the delivery/shipping partner here in India. The package that I got had a tracking number which I used to just double check. Unfortunately bluedart tracking dosen't specify number of items and what item was shipped under the given tracking id. the way bill stuck on the package listed only the case.

Even came with a tax bill inside the package that only Had the case listed.
    1596201995128.jpg

Got in touch with customer service through the chat. All they had to say was the order hasn't been shipped yet, it will be soon, don't worry about it.

Plus I read up on a few threads here, people either waiting on the package with no shipping details way past their delivery date and a few who just recieved the case like me, and apparently they got responses saying they were shipping all the items individually to them. ( Lol what ?!?!)

Either OnePlus is having a major Logistical issue in India rn and got overzealous with sending out the pop-up box invites and they're pulling a weird "Here's your diy Pop-up box ! We send it to you part by part and you put it together yourself, sounds like a fun idea to put together an unboxing video right? -nervous laughter by the OnePlus PR employee who has to deliver the message to us-

Or they just weren't prepared for the whole thing at all.
    wouldn't bother people too much if they'd ask us to wait longer initially itself. It's okay if I got my package a couple days after someone who pre ordered it or got it once retail opened up for the product, but I think it's a bad Idea to keep the customers in the dark about what's up.
    🤷🏽‍♂️

For example whenever packages go missing or get damaged during transit, the seller/e-retail platform always updates the tracking information and let's the customer know that they're getting delayed because something went wrong.

Now I'm just sitting here waiting on my pop up Box, which at this point is a DIY kinda deal to show up at my doorstep without any information or context whatsoever for the delay, or even if there is a package leaving their storage facility within the country.

Will keep updating the thread as I get more information.

P.S - No there isn't a huge room for covid related issue with regards to my area pin, I just wouldn't get the option to order it in the first place, neither would my friend who also lives in the same city as I do. Things listed under essential/semi essential services have been running like clockwork without a stone in the cogs from a couple months now.

Update, 1st August,
    the tracking number came in today but guess what, it is the tracking number of the consignment that had the Case in it, now the oneplus website says that my package has been delivered ? Wtf ?! Where are the rest of my Items and most importantly the phone I paid for ?
    No replies to the mail I'd sent to customer support yesterday about the lack of tracking details.
    Not able to get a hold of anyone either through their customer service whatsapp number or The tollfree number to contact support.
    1596269803490.jpg

1596269803550.jpg

1st August Second update.
    Paid a vist to their experience store + service center just now. Spoke to a customer service store employee, explained my situation entirely, the man was super clueless as to what a "Nord pop-up box" is, had to literally show him a forum thread and images to make him understand, feels kinda sad that they wouldn't brief employees about the pop-up box and what it's supposed to be, Regardless, he was very patient and listened to everything I had to say, he called someone up, said that I needn't worry and the rest of my package would arrive soon, he asked me to wait till the 5th at most and call back after that.
    The reason I was given was that they probably are shipping items from different places, or it could just be a Logistical error on their courier partners end.

Handed me his number and asked me to contact him if nothing arrived by the 5th.

P.S- Bluedart is definitely making deliveries in my area. Had 2 packages dropped off at my place this morning and the neighbour across received 2 of their packages aswell. So definitely not a lockdown related issue.

People from Bangalore with this issue can drop me a message if you want the contact details of the employee I spoke to earlier this afternoon.

Third update of August 1st, the package my friend ordered with the second code I got got delivered today tho his delivery date was set for the 4th of August 🤷🏽‍♂️
    Glad tho, his package was the entire thing together, no separate Deliveries. 1596291678018.jpg

2nd August Update
    Info by User Shermix https://forums.oneplus.com/members/shermix.3031496/
    I contacted with support on the phone number and they said they are aware of the situation and doing partial deliveries as of now and said to wait till 4 August to recieve the phone and all the gifts. They said they have an account of what items they have dispatched and have to assuring to accept all the orders that are coming. Lets see, what happens. Will report back with the updates as they come.

second update of the day.
    Got a message at 3pm saying that a package was dispatched by bluedart.
    but the package was actually out yesterday, and has already reached my city today around 11am.
    Is it really a bluedart logistics/storage space logistics messup or are they trying to lower the number of Rma's post ship to run you out your Rma window earlier ? 🤔
    Seems very likely that would be the case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020

Shreyrats, abhi9930, arveda23 and 7 others like this.
  2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 31, 2020

YRJ , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I'm here for the fiasco. When and where does that come in?

Darkxlight_6 and palc like this.
  3. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Jul 31, 2020

Haha, yas. I made a mistake of my own, didn't know where the typing in the body of text was on phone because that space was filled up with all their rules and regulations. [e]1f602[/e]

4. Akshay V Anil
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2020

5. Bharthi_Kannan
    Donut Jul 31, 2020

Bharthi_Kannan , Jul 31, 2020 :
    yeah same here, got only Back case

6. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Jul 31, 2020

Hope they messed up in a positive way and end up sending the full popup box with another case. Like the Jerry or Finsta case.
    But that's just wishful thinking.

7. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

Darkxlight_6 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Update, the tracking number came in today but guess what, it is the tracking number of the consignment that had the Case in it, now the oneplus website says that my package has been delivered ? Wtf ?! Where are the rest of my Items and most importantly the phone I paid for ?
    No replies to the mail I'd sent to customer support yesterday about the lack of tracking details.
    Not able to get a hold of anyone either through their customer service whatsapp number or The tollfree number to contact support.

AbhilashMeleppaT likes this.
  8. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

Darkxlight_6 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Here comes the fiasco part, I got a delivery confirmation and an email saying I have received it, while the only item I have got so far is the one phone case, Not the phone which I actually paid for.
    No information on the list of contents on bluedart's tracking site, and not a soul in sight that I can get in touch with about all this. Customer service is just playing dead.

9. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

Darkxlight_6 , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Just check your email and the order tracking page, if they've sent the delivery confirmation mail already ?
    That happened with me today.

10. sudeepg95
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

Darkxlight_6 likes this.
  11. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

Keep your courier contents and the waybill sticker with you, and Contact your local OnePlus experience center either go down there or just call them and let them know about the issue.
    You'll probably hear the same thing of wait a couple days and it should arrive but they'll probably let you have the number of an employee that you could contact for a follow up if nothing shows up by the 5th of August.

sudeepg95 likes this.
  12. Swaathy Kumaran , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Same here. Just received the Case. It's just impossible to reach OnePlus customer case even in chat online and through call. For all the hype that is given to OnePlus there is so little in terms of customer care. Above all this the order history is not visible after 7 days which happened with my 8 Pro. Pathetic :(

AllsparkRjV likes this.
  13. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

Oh wow. That's sad.
    I actually have all my order history available tho.
    I got a 7t pro for mum recently, the order history still shows with the tracking number and all those details.

Swaathy Kumaran likes this.
  14. Swaathy Kumaran , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 1, 2020 :
    I hope the same doesn't happen with nord. Anyways noted down the order and tracking number.

15. Darkxlight_6
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

That's good. Keep your case waybill, and the tax receipt that came with it in the box.
    And get in touch with your local experience center /service center over the next couple of days.
    -fingers crossed-

Swaathy Kumaran likes this.
  16. AbhilashMeleppaT
    Donut Aug 1, 2020

AllsparkRjV and Darkxlight_6 like this.

AllsparkRjV likes this.
  18. roshan agarwal
    Donut Aug 1, 2020

roshan agarwal , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Reading this shit scares me. My popup was dispatched yesterday and the estimated delivery date is by 6th august. Hope I get the full kit and OP doesnt messes this up

19. Bharthi_Kannan
    Donut Aug 1, 2020

Bharthi_Kannan , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Now status changed to Shipment Delivered.. showing all product got delivered. I think it will happen same for who got only case, after one or two days your status will change from Shipment processing to Shipment Delivered.. No idea what happening !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020

20. Vgowtham97
    Donut Aug 1, 2020

Vgowtham97 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Same thing has happened to me. Shipment tracking says that my package has been delivered. But I have recieved only the back case. Rest of the items are missing. How can I track the shipment of the parcel which contains the actual phone?