The Nordians Pre-Order Club

1. MaxBis
    Donut Jul 24, 2020

MaxBis , Jul 24, 2020 :
    2nd round pre-ordered and placed the order on 21st. Estimated shipping day is 31.07. and estimated arrival 06.08. . Even people who ordered from Amazon will receive their device on 05th August. That's not what I expected to be treated as someone who blindly pre-ordered..

SeanPlus likes this.
  2. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2020

3. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

Shiba±06 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Okay yeah I just picked the same as you, had the same thought process and I'm happy with the choice. I don't need the 256 now, maybe in the future, with the next phone.
    I got the buds in my order too, I hope it's really the buds!🙋 I had the thought of what if it just says buds and you get something random :/ haha I would be really like: 😱😰

4. Juan.Fernandez
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

Juan.Fernandez , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Mine is 03.08. And that's the point, we blindly pre-order to be treated as regular costumers. This is unfair, Oneplus

MaxBis and SeanPlus like this.
  5. danc041
    Froyo Jul 24, 2020

danc041 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Those that got shipping for today be interesting to see if they turn up today and what they get.

SeanPlus likes this.
  6. gizmosilverb
    Donut Jul 24, 2020

gizmosilverb , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Anyone else has a shipping confirmation mail from oneplus since yesterday morning, but tracking in DHL is still inactive and no expected delivery date info?

Sunny2012 likes this.
  7. kkrcelic
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

kkrcelic , Jul 24, 2020 :
    +1

Nickimc likes this.
  8. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

Shiba±06 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I hear a lot of people who got a later arrival date, but theirs are send already. So maybe its the same with yours?

Mine is set to come the 30th, but I hope its just an estimated date and that we all get it earlier.
    Because you're right about it, that pre-orders should be a real pre-orders or people could've waited till the regular sales.

9. isty

isty , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Me

10. csohic
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

csohic , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Yes. All of us. I talked to DHL and "Shipment information received" it means that DHL does not have the goods yet. This is why they can not estimate the delivery date. So, we'll have to wait a bit for OP to do their job. Even this it looks confusing to me: sending mail that they shipped and actually they did not ... more like not saying (or hinding) that OP Nord has a plastic frame .. saying the price but ignoring saying the taxes, etc.
    Many reviewers were confused also about the plastic frame ... too many confusions ... misunderstandings and false alarms. Doesn't look very good for OP. They are playing on a very risky card here. The community was with them because they care about the community but every day passing looks like do not.

Sad. Very sad.

11. ascovit
    Froyo Jul 24, 2020

ascovit , Jul 24, 2020 :
    You should listen to MKBHD's podcast where he interviews Carl Pei, he explains the decisions that were made. For the price, the Nord has a pretty balanced spec sheet.

obakesan and dinamoski like this.
  12. selimutlu
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

selimutlu , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Partly +1 :)

DHL tracking number is active but it only says "Shipment Information Received" since yesterday. I think it had been packaged and maybe given to DHL but kept in Poland for now. Due to youtubers review embargo or something like that until 27th.

I think and hope they will release the shipment tomorrow or Monday so that we could have it not before 27th.

13. gizmosilverb
    Donut Jul 24, 2020

No, DHL don't have the package yet, this makes me feel so piss off due oneplus doesn't want to change delivery address, which only means cancel the DHL tracking and generate a new one, I work with DHL daily.

I don't know why they give an estimated shipping time if they finally ship it before they say, I had send this order to my holidays destination due estimated shipping time and now I have to change delivery address.

14. E1593530029250
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

15. ion2910

16. gizmosilverb
    Donut Jul 24, 2020

yes, and in my order they say they won't ship the order until 30th, but they generate the shipping the 23rd, quite unclear and messy everything.

17. Antgl
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

18. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

Graham Shaul , Jul 24, 2020 :
    My experience of many retailers/shipping company is that the retailer makes up the dispatch which automatically creates the dispatch/tracking code on the shipping companies system. But at that point the package is still with the retailer as the shipper has yet to collect the package to commence its delivery. So what is happening with OnePlus and their shippers seems entirely normal.

We all were clearly told earlier that the units would ship no sooner than 27 July, Ordering Nord in five steps, and that makes sense that an embargo exists until a specified date when a new product is being launched. So following the launch the various fulfillment centres have time to allocate the stocks that they have been holding and make up delivery packages ahead of the companies such as DHL collecting the packages as a bulk collection on the 27th.

I get it that everyone who chose to make a purchase is excited to get their hands on it but we knew the timetable, that is to say we were advised of the timetable before you made a purchasing decision. If you preordered in Europe it seems that you will still receive the phone before the phone becomes available on 4 August for general sales.

So according to when you placed your order and your chosen delivery option that will mean that you will get your phone at the earliest Tuesday 28 July and then over the next few days. Let's all stay excited but relax knowing that you have just bought a good new phone with 'Pretty much everything you could ask for' - and if it still isn't enough for you then you need to make an alternative purchasing decision. And let's be honest there are plenty of others to choose from so why would you buy a OnePlus?

Have a great weekend and some time to chill and 'wait patiently' after all it is just a phone so don't waste too much emotion on it!! No point stressing about something that you can't influence.

United Kingdom

Mathis, obakesan, blumm and 3 others like this.
  19. Sunny2012
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

Sunny2012 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Same here
    Germany

MaxBis likes this.
  20. E1593530029250
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

E1593530029250 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Estimated delivery is on August 5th which is after the launch for me (free delivery to France). I just really hope I'll get it before the launch, no point preordering in this case.