The Nordians Pre-Order Club

1. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

Graham Shaul , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I am now fascinated to see how our Indian friends deal with the pure luck/random nature of their wheel spinning to get their reward!! Have people never entered a raffle before? Some prizes are of higher value than others and if you don't like the ticket that you have drawn - no you can't put it back and pick another!

2. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

obakesan. , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jul 24, 2020 :
    The email confirming your order will tell you what you will get. In my case in UK too btw I pre ordered the 12gb 256GB Blue Marble and picked the 5G gift option.

The email order confirmation showed Blue Buds added to the order at no charge.

3. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

obakesan. , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jul 24, 2020 :
    not sure what region you are in. So basing my response on the UK. The is available for a pre order at retail on Amazon available from the 4th Aug. So yes you can pre order from them and get free shipping. However you will still have to wait until 4th Aug before they even dispatched that order.

Also that order is for the phone only that's it. Just regular retail version.

However if you pre ordered during the oneplus pre order times from them direct then what do you get? You can get free delivery (regular) or pay 4.99 express. In my experience standard is just fast and still sent by DHL why pay more.

You paid 20GBP to secure that pre order which is added as a credit to your order. Basically you don't gain nor lose really so makes price the same. At this moment there is not much difference true but.

... Depending on your pre order time you will receive extra gifts with that phone purchase. This can range from free buds worth 79 gbp, free bumper case worth 26gbp etc plus additional packaging etc. You also get the thrill and fun knowing you are an early bird and part of a special group. You might get the phone delivered slightly earlier depending on the time placed.

My order is due out for shipment Monday 27th due delivery 29th that's almost a week earlier than 4th August

I was lucky [e]1f340[/e] to actually get the Buds in my order.

So the oneplus pre order overall is a better value and package than what you will get on Amazon. (India is different since there is a special promotional tie there)

OK but you have credit Amazon. Super you can save 30 {insert currency here} off the price bargain. Can't argue but remember it's still retail offering and you still need wait 4th. You got it cheaper but its not same experience. Everyone is individual so depends on which path makes sense for you.

Either way you get your phone hopefully it's enjoyable

4. Mohsin_Was_Here
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

Mohsin_Was_Here , Jul 24, 2020 :
    In india we're getting only 2 pretty underwhelming options for the second gift box (although to be fair the phones are a little cheaper here so hey).

Option 1 - OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z, a OnePlus Nord Sandstone case and a voucher worth INR 500 redeemable on oneplus.in
    Option 2 - OnePlus Bullets Wireless (yes these are the 2018 ones) and a OnePlus Nord Sandstone case

also we paid around 500 rs for the preorder gift box which is non redeemable while buying the phone, so basically we bought the "gift" box xD. Oh and we didn't actually "preorder" we still have to buy it like normal people through amazon and fight for stocks. its pretty messy here in india lol.

we'll get the phone in hand around 5-7 august , hopefully its a better experience after we get the phone, can't wait!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

5. E1593530029250
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

E1593530029250 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Ok so let me sum up,
    What I'll get for preordering the phone : a t-shirt (oversized), stickers yeah, cardboard, and a black case with a blue phone (defenetly not using it because there is a transparent one with the phone).
    Those who got the buds got a really great value out of the preorder, those who did not, not really. Especially because in France you couldn't even choose the gift.
    So free delivery to France, estimated on August 5th, with ups.

What I could get on Amazon : 30€ discount, could almost buy all the gift I got with it, maybe almost same delivery? Not sure but Amazon is very fast usually even if they start shipping later. And huge thing, no blind preorder, you know all the specs.

I'm really happy to be an early customer, but overall I think the Amazon discount feels unfair, and/or Oneplus should have valued more the preorder for those who booked a phone whitout knowing the specs.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

obakesan likes this.
  6. ashunk
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

ashunk , Jul 24, 2020 :
    that sounds good to me, I will only get the case, you guys get the case plus a Wireless bullets

Mohsin_Alam likes this.
  7. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

8. Gagan2302
    Donut Jul 24, 2020

Gagan2302 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Hey, just wanted to ask whether if your order status has been updated or not. On the oneplus UK website, it shows the buds out of stock. Does that mean there is a possibility they could sent a "replacement" item instead?
    Thanks.

9. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

Graham Shaul , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I am a UK customer and my order status says 'Order Paid' I think that it said something like 'Payment pending' at an earlier stage.
    As for the idea of replacements I would suggest that OnePlus do have a pretty robust method of stock control so that they would take orders until they had reduced that stock count to zero and then declare the item sold out/out of stock. But if you have an order confirmation that states 'OnePlus Buds' I would be very confident that that is what will be dispatched to you.

10. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

obakesan. , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Hey there,

My current status hasn't changed, says "processing"

Order is processing.
    Estimated dispatch: Jul 27, 2020 Estimated delivery: Jul 29, 2020

The order confirmation when I placed the order, specifically mentioned the OnePlus Buds Nord Blue and at the time I ordered the buds were still in stock on the website. I think it should be ok. You will probably find that the packages are pre-packed separate to individual items. What do I mean? They most likely have various combinations and a certain number, so for example:

Package 5G
    1x Nord Phone
    1x Buds
    1x Stickers
    etc..

Package Camera
    1x Nord Phone
    ???

There might be limits while supplies last perhaps, so if 100 people picked 5G gift for example, maybe the first 10 got buds and the rest got blue cases. It could be weighted that there are more cases than buds. I could be wrong of course and I am just theorising, but I like to think if it came in the order, should be ok even if sold out.

11. Gagan2302
    Donut Jul 24, 2020

Gagan2302 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Thanks for the clarification guys. I guess all we can do is wait now and see.

12. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

nope

13. ashunk
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

ashunk , Jul 24, 2020 :
    We will have to wait until monday... this will be a long weekend xd

Shiba±06 likes this.
  14. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

could depend on your funding source. PayPal balance or credit car should be quick, but if you are withdrawing from a bank account, might take some time
    most likely it's a box which contains the phone and accessories.

15. Antgl
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

Antgl , Jul 24, 2020 :
    very loooooooooong haha

blumm, Shiba±06 and ashunk like this.
  16. Deactivated User
    Jul 24, 2020

17. Deactivated User
    Jul 25, 2020

obakesan likes this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Jul 25, 2020

obakesan and blumm like this.
  19. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2020

Shiba±06 , Jul 25, 2020 :
    After receiving your order, you could send the bundle back and buy just the screen protector. (There's already a screen protector on the phone, so you might not even need that one either)

Deactivated User likes this.
  20. blumm
    Donut Jul 25, 2020

blumm , Jul 25, 2020 :
    I did exactly the same... so, we will have 2 blue cases.... 😊

Deactivated User likes this.