Honeycomb Jul 25, 2020

obakesan likes this.
  2. Aabhijai
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2020

obakesan likes this.
  3. davebeep
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2020

davebeep , Jul 25, 2020 :
    I wouldn't trust dpd to deliver a newspaper.
    So many bad experiences with them, lost items, delays.. you name it.

obakesan likes this.
  4. blaba
    Donut Jul 25, 2020

blaba , Jul 25, 2020 :
    I'm 3rd but nope, nothing different in the order process to the other pre-orders. But my package will be send out on July 28th, maybe they need some more days for the engraving/personalizing? Ordered at 4:44pm CEST July 21st, so pretty early.

I'm from Germany btw.

steven2756397 likes this.
  5. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2020

Shiba±06 , Jul 25, 2020 :
    I just hope I didn't pay priority for nothing and that the promised 4days sooner delivery is true haha
    But even if it isn't I'll be still happy with the phone, I'm really EXCITED!😀

blumm likes this.
  6. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 25, 2020

Graham Shaul , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Sounds harsh, but if that is your experience. Personally I have always found them excellent. Their tracking has always worked well showing the progress of the driver who is making delivery number xx of yy and you are delivery zz so you can be constantly up to date with the approaching delivery.

As with all carriers the local team varies on location but I have confidence in them.

Dash1st likes this.
  7. dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Never had a problem with dpd. Hermes are the worst.

obakesan likes this.
  8. dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 25, 2020 :
    There is no engraving or personalisation just the pre-order box.

obakesan likes this.
  9. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 25, 2020

To be honest with you my heart sinks if a retailer notifies me that the package is being delivered by Hermes or Yodel. They have both given me non delivery problems in the past and my experience of their customer services has been very frustrating.

obakesan likes this.
  10. dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Yeah, same here.
    I lost out nearly £300 on a ebay purchase. Hermes said it was delivered. But it was only ever delivered to a distribution centre and said parcel was damaged and returned to sender.
    Ebay are bad when dealing with non deliveries as they only go off the delivery status and don't check where it was actually delivered to.

obakesan likes this.
  11. RaulFePe
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2020

RaulFePe , Jul 25, 2020 :
    The information has been received since the 23rd but I think it has not been sent yet ... To Barcelona. IMG_20200725_125917.jpg

12. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 25, 2020

13. G_EssB
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2020

G_EssB , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Hi,

I bought OP3 when it came out and used it until few months back and was very satisfied with it (except the earpiece broke/was very quiet so had to replace it with an ebay part).

I only replaced it with a Xiaomi Note 8 Pro because my company offered it to me.. Why not, right?

Now I'd like to go back it OP and OxygenOS with Nord (OP8Pro a bit too expensive for my taste).

Wondering why the price is different between US and EU. Is it because the taxes are included in EU prices?
    Also, would you say OPNord is a decent upgrade after Xiaomi note 8 pro?

Thanks!

14. _Masa_
    Froyo Jul 25, 2020

_Masa_ , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Had an email from DPD saying I have a delivery on Monday. That's a day earlier than scheduled. Hopefully the estimate is on point. Nothing from OnePlus yet.

I'm pretty sure it will be the Nord. Can't think of anything else I've ordered lately. :D

obakesan likes this.
  15. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2020

obakesan. , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Hi, just an update from me, I'm in the UK too and received a shipping email from DPD. Looks like delivery is due on Monday 27th, which is 2 days earlier then OnePlus Order summary said, so can't complain. I also used free regular shipping btw.

16. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2020

If you check the sender's reference on DPD, there should be a long number that starts with E, this is your OnePlus order number, so you can cross reference and verify it from your OnePlus account.

_Masa_ likes this.
  17. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 25, 2020

Hmmmmm, interesting. I wonder what you think the US price is as the Nord hasn't been made available there by OnePlus at this stage. In the early days of the launch marketing the Nord was promised at less than $500 which would have been equivalent to just under £400 sterling. One thing that is noticed by travellers (remember when we travelled internationally!?) is that we in the UK, and I believe in common with the rest of Europe, expect that the price that is given is the price that we pay - ie purchase tax is already included. I think that is a legal requirement rather than just custom and practise. I know in the US that the norm is that taxes have not been included and so you pay the stated price +. Then in Europe we have the UK which has its own currency and large parts of the EU using the Euro. But just because they use the same currency the price can be different as countries can have different rates of purchase tax which can make a significant difference. Of course there are other European countries which also have their own currencies and exchange rates so its going to get complicated. Its a complex subject and makes it difficult to compare prices from one country to another. Of course a manufacturer can set whatever price they wish in the separate territories as that's all part of the marketing plan. Thanks to the interweb it is all more transparent these days. But it's nothing to do with fairness. There are very few products that have truly single worldwide prices as most products have prices to suit the local context. In the same way that rates of pay vary across the world even when the skill being paid for is identical. The way of the world!!

18. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2020

oh also checking my order the status is now:

Jul 25, 2020 03:05 am
    Shipment is processing.

19. G_EssB
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2020

G_EssB , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Sorry, you are correct, i just saw the price in USD and said it is the US price.

Nevertheless, price for Germany is 499€ for the 12gb version and price for 12gb for Croatia 529€ but yea, as you said, it is the way the world is.

20. _Masa_
    Froyo Jul 25, 2020

_Masa_ , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Thanks, didn't think of that!

Yup can confirm it's the Nord :D

blumm and obakesan like this.