The Nordians Pre-Order Club

1. danc041 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 28, 2020 :

fromsophie

I'm still getting set up on the device but thought I'd share my initial thoughts. The phone itself feels good in the hand and I love the standstone case. The display is brilliant and haven't had any slowness when going between apps. Camera... well the bad thing first. The wide angle camera is awful at the moment. The images are very grainy. I'm hoping OP will push some software updates to improve the quality of them. The rest of the lens (both front and rear) are amazing. Haven't tested the video much but seems to be extremely good (bare the wide angle which again lacks quality). The only other issue I've come across is when calling on Whatsapp the other person can hear their own voice. Can't say much about the battery yet as I've not used it much this evening.

So far so good bare a few little issues OP should be able to fix with software updates 🤞

How is everyone else finding the Nord?​

all good so far except notifications not always working seems random, even after switching off battery optimisations still missing notifications sometimes they work sometimes they don't it's really putting a damper on it for me. secondly gestures seem to not always work like you have to press really hard. I'm not sure of this is due to the ore I stalled protector but not seen this on any other android including my old OnePlus 7, apart from that everything else I really like about the device.

2. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 28, 2020 :
    I don't seem to be having issues with notifications.

Gestures are taking a bit of getting used to. Also, on the within this app (only seems to be the OP app) the keyboard doesn't auto capitalize the first letter of word in the sentence. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? Auto-capitliaze is enabled in the keyboard settings.

3. danc041 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 28, 2020 :
    I habnt noticed that but tested and it's same for me. also I find the back gesture in some apps not working great. I hope this minor things get resolved as so far I think the device is great for the price

4. ashunk
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2020

ashunk , Jul 28, 2020 :
    ohh whats that case? is that the clear one they sell on the store?

5. spootnik
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

spootnik , Jul 29, 2020 :
    You’ve forgot a cat on your head as in your profile photo.
    Just kidding, cool pic.
    Enjoy your Nord :)

RhubarbRRR likes this.
  6. G1510792206174
    Froyo Jul 29, 2020

7. dinamoski
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2020

dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 29, 2020 :
    danc041

fromsophie

I'm still getting set up on the device but thought I'd share my initial thoughts. The phone itself feels good in the hand and I love the standstone case. The display is brilliant and haven't had any slowness when going between apps. Camera... well the bad thing first. The wide angle camera is awful at the moment. The images are very grainy. I'm hoping OP will push some software updates to improve the quality of them. The rest of the lens (both front and rear) are amazing. Haven't tested the video much but seems to be extremely good (bare the wide angle which again lacks quality). The only other issue I've come across is when calling on Whatsapp the other person can hear their own voice. Can't say much about the battery yet as I've not used it much this evening.

So far so good bare a few little issues OP should be able to fix with software updates 🤞

How is everyone else finding the Nord?

all good so far except notifications not always working seems random, even after switching off battery optimisations still missing notifications sometimes they work sometimes they don't it's really putting a damper on it for me. secondly gestures seem to not always work like you have to press really hard. I'm not sure of this is due to the ore I stalled protector but not seen this on any other android including my old OnePlus 7, apart from that everything else I really like about the device.

I was have some difficulty with the gestures at first. There are only a few main gestures apart from the customisable ones. Swipe from sides to go back.
    Swipe from bottom to exit, long swipe from bottom to middle for recent apps.
    I find that it works better if you swipe lightly rather than pressing hard. For recent apps, the long swipe up. Swipe up from bottom to the middle of the screen with a quick swipe.
    The speed of the swipe seems to matter, so if you do quick light swipes it works better.
    Taking the screen protector off helps. The screen is ultra sensitive, you barely have to touch to swipe it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020

fromsophie likes this.
  8. Mayukh_Mitra
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

9. isty
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2020

isty , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I used it. It transferred some app data too, but without accounts and game saves. But I guess, it depends on the games you play

10. C1595499327179
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

G_Mayukh_Mitra_MHus likes this.
  11. HenryJ49
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2020

HenryJ49 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Nord arrived yesterday.
    Still assessing it, but the screen has a green cast that's noticeable in dark mode. Attached is screenshot of empty Gmail compose screen. It should be an even shade of grey but top half is green.
    Anybody else noticed this?

Attached Files:

G_Mayukh_Mitra_MHus and obakesan like this.
  12. obakesan
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Jul 29, 2020

obakesan , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Congratulations on getting your Nord. The default screen protector is just basic one, but it's free and pre-applied so its better than nothing. It's probably ok, but the tempered glass is stronger but usually thicker, all the phones in the past I had put the tempered glass on, See how it goes first, you can always add the glass later when used to the phone.

RhubarbRRR likes this.
  13. obakesan

I'm in the UK and choose "5G" which resulted me in getting the Nord Blue Buds. It's a bit like gambling, you just dont know which one will get you which.

14. user1842
    Eclair Jul 29, 2020

user1842 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I assume the gestures are not Oxygen OS but the basic Android 10 gestures. I have them on my Pixel phone and the back gesture is very poor. Google really should be ashamed for this as the back gesture does not work a lot of the time and when you have a keyboard on screen it only works above the keyboard, very annoying.

An easier way to do it would have been to have two swipe up gestures. On on the left to go back and one on the right to go home/exit and a slower swipe up to open recent apps. I know why Google did not do this, they wanted their assistant to be called when you swipe in and up from the bottom corner.

Maybe Oneplus can fix this :), Samsung has already with three swipe up gestures.

obakesan likes this.
  15. MesToz
    Donut Jul 29, 2020

MesToz , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Yeah I understand.. But the value of the gifts should be average the same. I mean it's unfair if some of the get 90 euro value and others just around 20 euro..

obakesan likes this.
  16. obakesan

So after all the hype and finally receiving the pre-order box, mine was 2nd round pre-order and even had the card with "this x has your name on it", I wonder if all that hype was warranted. The pop-up box seems like a great deal on it's own in comparison. In the UK it includes the "box", slightly different, tote bag, stickers, phone and a jerry rigs creator case.

I'm lucky to get the buds with my pre-order but there is a kinda of deflating feeling when you think you are into something a bit more special then most and it's not that special after all. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the ride, but I think all the hype led me to believe something more with the pre-order.

blumm likes this.
  17. wladkqo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2020

18. F1595344651981
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

F1595344651981 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Mine is sat upstairs unopened. Having read all the reviews and seen the camera comparisons I'm a bit reluctant now to open it. I am coming from a severely smashed up Pixel 2xl which still takes excellent photos but is obviously in need of replacing.

The camera looks on reviews to be too 'washed out' with dull colours. It's a bit disappointing as the camera was really talked up, hence the preorder. Anyone else coming from a pixel have anything positive to say that will make me open the box and use it!? 😜

19. RhubarbRRR
    Froyo Jul 29, 2020

20. Orion-60
    Eclair Jul 29, 2020

Orion-60 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Hey,

Sorry I didn't read everything this last few days.

About the card with "The phone number XX has your name on it", anyone actually got a phone or a packaging with his name or something similar ?
    I guess it wasn't really possible to do it in the wearhouse anyway. But I'm curious about it.