The Nordians Pre-Order Club

1. Gaganjit
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020

2. F1595344651981
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

F1595344651981 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    This is an interesting watch:

GCam appears to improve photos, especially the portrait mode. Video though looks much better on stock.

3. T1596049434963
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

4. CaspianS
    Froyo Jul 29, 2020

CaspianS , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Does anybody notice the screen go brighter if you haven't touched it for 5 seconds and then turn a warm tint as soon as you touch it?

Also, why is the lock screen always maximum brightness, no matter what brightness you set?

5. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Are you using adaptive brightness?

6. danc041 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2020 :
    if you have face unlock and have assistive lighting enabled disable it and lockscreen follows whatever brightness is set but does mean face unlock won't work in dark conditions

7. Dean Reid
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Dean Reid , Jul 30, 2020 :
    My pre order code has expired will I receive another tomorrow or is it too late?

8. CaspianS
    Froyo Jul 30, 2020

CaspianS , Jul 30, 2020 :
    That makes complete sense, the lock screen issue was the face unlock, silly me. Not sure what the other one is though and I've got adaptive brightness off too.

9. JavierL
    Froyo Jul 30, 2020

JavierL , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Very happy with the device. In the last charge I made over 8h of screen time!

fromsophie and wladkqo like this.
  10. Niiccky
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

Niiccky , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Yes, I also noticed the screen brightness change when not touching it for 5 seconds. I figured out that it might has to do with the 90Hz display setting. When I set it to 60Hz the problem seems to be solved.

CaspianS likes this.
  11. wladkqo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2020

wladkqo , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I think this is happening precisely because the refresh rate is reduced from 90Hz to 60Hz, it's due to optimizing the reduction in power consumption in static display

obakesan and Niiccky like this.
  12. Daydotz
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Attached Files:

obakesan likes this.
  13. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2020

obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jul 30, 2020 :
    The Good.

Sandstone and Creator Jerry Rigs Case, ok I'm not much a sucker for these kind things but I'll admit the see through style case caught my eye plus the popularity of it on the net.

1596097209812.jpg
    The Bad and The Ugly.

I was tested my device and I can see the purple tint issue as well. Plus some ghosting of status bar area.

1596097209751.jpg

debsuvra likes this.
  14. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

fromsophie , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I'm thinking of getting the Jerry Rigs case. I've not had the tint issue yet, so I guessing I've dodged a bullet there (well fingers crossed)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020

obakesan likes this.
  15. FlorianCsu , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hello there, I got my Nord yesterday (I live in southern France). I was in the third preorder round. I really didn't get anything special. Just a big box with the phone, an additional case and the USB C earphones. As someone who pre-ordered the phone I'll have to admit that I was feeling a little let down because I didn't get anything special appart from the AR card invitation and a bunch of stickers. I mean I read that you got shirts, bottles etc, so I guess that it must be because I was in the third round ? But I wanted the OP wireless buds, so no luck. Still the phone is doing fine. No tint color problem or whatsoever. No big no lag. I have the 12/256 Gb blue version. I've already compared the photos with the one my OP6 can make. Overall the sensors are quite decent, but in daylight the picture ends up looking a little blander or less saturated on the Nord when compared to the 6. Nightscape mode works very well with the Nord (and never did with the 6, software problems or optimisation stuff ? Dunno but never used it on the six because the jpegs look like an "oil filter" was applied, not the case for the Nord) which produces nicely lit pictures with details. I do a lot of astrophotography, so I'll let you know that astrophotography is possible with the Nord. Since the sensors are more recent in the Nord I guess they are doing slightly better ? They collect more light, and the stars look more pinpoint sharp. I just noticed, while doing stacking test shots between the 6 and the Nord, that with the exact same setting in the pro mode, the exact same post treatment and stacking using equator and Gimp, the picture that the Nord delivers looks cooler (as in colder I mean) so you might want to fiddle with the white balance in the raw files or in pro mode. I made a quick review with my test shots but it's in the French forum, so if you want to check out visually you can (just ignore the French blabbering, I didn't take the time to translate it into English). Otherwise, the color calibration of the screen do look fine for me, the system is pretty fast and handles multitasking well (that's 12 gigs of ram for you I suppose). The phone has a slight tendancy to heat depending on the use. I don't have much more to say...

Have a nice day everyone !

Myari.NM and obakesan like this.
  16. adam_kam_13
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

17. dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2020 :
    What brightness setting are people using?
    I find pictures are sharp and punchy with good contrast but are a bit darker (not as well lit) than usual.
    When I turn up the brightness the amoled panel is giving me eyestrain.

18. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Usually keep my brightness at this when indoors. Might go down slightly when late at night and up if outside.
    1596102073346.jpg

dinamoski and FlorianCsu like this.
  19. FlorianCsu , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I'm using dark mode and maximum brightness. Almost everything is in dark mode to preserve my battery life and my eyes... Turned off the auto mode as well.

dinamoski likes this.