The Nordians Pre-Order Club

1. JohanesRanvil
    Donut Aug 2, 2020

JohanesRanvil , Aug 2, 2020 :
    We dont know for sure. Only time will tell when Google releases it

2. jtalep
    Donut Aug 2, 2020

jtalep , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I watched it. On paper yeh, in reality not so much - it was over hyped.

3. jtalep
    Donut Aug 2, 2020

jtalep , Aug 2, 2020 :
    It was just clever marketing, I fell for it - a lot of people did.

4. jtalep
    Donut Aug 2, 2020

jtalep , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Just a marketing con unfortunately, a very effective one.

5. MesToz
    Donut Aug 2, 2020

jtalep likes this.

6. Mohsin_Alam
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

7. ion2910
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

8. Mathis
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

Mathis , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I'm thinking to return mine too. One thing i learn from the nord is that i don't need the latest chipset to have a great experience. More than that, in my personal use, i'm not a gamer and that's the main reason about having the latest chipset today. THE reason i preordered the nord is the photo. And yes i'm disapointed. So i will looking closely to the Pixel 4a launch and i will think seriously about a return. Don't know if i will lose some money with doing it, but will see. Oneplus Nord has a loads of good features and spec etc... But at the end of the day, can't explain why but i'm still using my old 3t. So... Will see

9. OnePlus_Robot
    Froyo Aug 2, 2020

OnePlus_Robot , Aug 2, 2020 :
    you can change the button settings too

10. dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Mathis

I'm thinking to return mine too. One thing i learn from the nord is that i don't need the latest chipset to have a great experience. More than that, in my personal use, i'm not a gamer and that's the main reason about having the latest chipset today. THE reason i preordered the nord is the photo. And yes i'm disapointed. So i will looking closely to the Pixel 4a launch and i will think seriously about a return. Don't know if i will lose some money with doing it, but will see. Oneplus Nord has a loads of good features and spec etc... But at the end of the day, can't explain why but i'm still using my old 3t. So... Will see

5.81 screen seems a bit small on the pixel 4a. I wouldn't want to go smaller than the one on the Nord. I would prefer slightly larger than Nord.
    I don't know why manufacturers use the 20:9 screen ratio. It's just a stretched phone. So even though the screen size is longer, it's narrower so the actual screen estate for viewing videos and webpages is actually smaller.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020

Mathis likes this.
  11. Mathis
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

Mathis , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Yes that's a point I can totally understand. For me it's the 5"8 screen of the 4a that I like.

I think that's why I prefere my 3t to the nord. The screen of 5,5" was perfect in size for me and if this phone could be more compact with the same size it would be perfect.

12. N1595319873292 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I received a oneplus nord popup invitation code and I tried to redeem it but the product was not delivering at my location (pincode- 413120) as it was not delivering that was not my fault and now the code is expired..I have been contacting oneplus everyday since no reply is given properly...I want this issue solved as soon as possible.. @Carl

13. venikol
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020

venikol , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Hi, can you tell me how the return goes ? Have you paid anything? What happens after you cliqued on the RMA bottom ?
    Thanks

14. dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 2, 2020 :
    You click on the RMA button enter the reasons for the return. Select the items from your order that you wish to return. It will then generate a service request to return the phone and accessories.
    I was then emailed a collection notice from ups with shipping labels. Ups didn't give me a time or date for collection but came next morning without notice. So I wasn't ready and dropped it off at one of their collection depots.
    I'm still awaiting for the phone to be delivered back to oneplus and process my refund.

15. venikol
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020

venikol , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Thank you for the clarifications !!! Have you paid ups for the return ? Or Oneplus sends an email and they are taking it in charge ?

16. karkyaal
    Froyo Aug 2, 2020

karkyaal , Aug 2, 2020 :
    i wanted to get my device replaced due to tinting issue but in my order page it say the device has been not delivered :) so there is no RMA option yet (thats funny because i have been using it since 5 days now) i have emailed the support regarding the display and replacement lets see what they will say
    cheers !

17. dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 2, 2020 :

venikol

Thank you for the clarifications !!! Have you paid ups for the return ? Or Oneplus sends an email and they are taking it in charge ?​

Oneplus sends the emails and arrange the collection. Return shipping cost covered by oneplus.

venikol likes this.
  18. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2020

Topper_Gas , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Same here I'd still using my OP3, the only issue with my 3 is that it seems to slow down towards the end of the day and opening some apps becomes a slow process. Although I sense the 3's were so good even now. 4 years later, they are hard to beat.

The Pixel 4a apparently uses the 730 SoC with a 3140 mAh battery so that looks like being a backwards step from my OP3! Plus it only comes with 4G.

Mathis likes this.
  19. Mathis
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2020

Mathis , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Yes theire are great phone ! For me that's the rear camera which is down. I thought that will be a better investment to change phone instead of replace it. Now with the Nord in hand I seriously doubt about it 😅

And 5G isn't a huge argument for me. In France 5G will be operational and affordable in only 3 years so... 🤷‍♂️

20. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I've been out testing the Nord's camera today outside and have actually been surprised with some of shots I've managed to get and the video quality. I was comparing these alongside the 7T as well. I'll be doing a full article with examples within the next week.

jkb114 and Mathis like this.