6. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

7. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2020

Joesef Joestar likes this.
  8. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

Joesef Joestar , Aug 3, 2020 :
    The screen issue reported several times since the phone release, it's a major flaw if it cannot be corrected by software update...
    A company like OnePlus should never scam their consumers about the image they tend to reach (Never Settle), it's the boomerang effect...

9. jkb114
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2020

jkb114 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Unfortunately this is a common issue with Amoled panels. Every manufacturer will have similar issues on a small % of their devices. Oneplus just has a central community so these things are more visible
    Why do you feel like its a scam

10. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

Joesef Joestar , Aug 3, 2020 :
    OnePlus: we promise a "flagship experience" with the OnePlus Nord camera...

Indeed.... the iPhone SE and many other android competitors (Realme X2 Pro, Xiaomi MI 10 Lite, Oppo Find X2 Neo/Lite...) crush the Nord in every camera reviews/comparison...

11. jkb114
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2020

jkb114 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    You'd honestly be surprised what it can do. It's a good camera, the macro is a poor but the main cameras are great. I'd suggest using it yourself and seeing what you can do

12. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2020

fromsophie , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I thought the exact same when I first got the Nord but I went out yesterday and gave the camera a proper test and it performed better than I thought. I'm going to doing to full article with comparisons to the OP 7T too. There are area where the camera isn't the best, main one being the Macro camera which we all knew would be terrible with it only being 2mp. The wide-angle lens for photos can be hit and miss. It performs much better outside but depends on the shot you trying to get. Indoors it is very grainy and nightmode it won't really work unless there is a good light source it can pick up. Maybe software updates can fix this. I found the wide-angle lens to be better if you turn off Ultra Wide Lens correction off in settings. The main camera, portrait mode, panorama and videos on both front and rear camera were really good.

I would honestly go out and test it with shots you'd likely take and see what you think. I've come from using the OP 5 and iPhone SE (first one). Boyfriend has the 7T which I used to compare.

Joesef Joestar and jkb114 like this.
  13. Orion-60
    Eclair Aug 3, 2020

Orion-60 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Hey Nordians,

Do you know if I can get back the 20€ preorder voucher to buy something else from OnePlus ? I've refused the delivery of my Nord today despite being among the first 100.

I had the opportunity to buy a brand new OnePlus 7T Pro 8/256GB for 455€ last week and I think it's better in almost every domain so I took it :) No 5G but not a big deal for me.

14. Gagan2302
    Donut Aug 3, 2020

Gagan2302 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Hi there, one of the colleagues from the OP customer service chat told me you would be able to use the 20£/€ voucher on any purchases on the website. This was when I was having issues retrieving the voucher on my account because they missed the . from my email address.

Orion-60 likes this.
  15. ion2910
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

ion2910 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Guys, can you add apps in full-screen like Netflix or Youtube?
    Literally can't get rid of the black bar at the top.
    Does it work for you?

16. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I don't use Netflix on my phone so can't comment on that particular app but on YouTube you can although I don't mind the black border so often don't put it in full full-screen mode

17. Pete Simspon
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

Pete Simspon , Aug 3, 2020 :
    After testing for a few days my nord journey is over, boxed back up and UPS collecting tomorrow. just not that impressed with the phone camera compared with my oneplus 6 which to me takes a lot better photos...yes the nord has a lot of good features but the camera just isn't doing it for me photos seem very washed out and low on colour....not what i expected...so will stick with the oneplus 6 for now

18. csohic
    Eclair Aug 4, 2020

csohic , Aug 4, 2020 :
    OP has never been exceeding expectations for its cameras even when we were talking about flagship killers (except OP 8 PRO). Nor does Nord but taking into consideration it is a midrange device camera it is pretty decent to me. I really hope the future software updates will improve it (e.g. latest update introduced 4k in 60fps for main one also). Also try to install the Google Camera app (you need to download the apk as you'll not find it in Play store).
    Clearly was a marketing decision to have 6 cameras. Only the number counted. At least 2 are useless. Who's going to do shots with a 2MP camera these days??? From cost perspective they could have been easily removed in favour of having stereo speaker and headphone jack but this was another marking decision: to get better sound just go buy the buds. I tested the buds and they work great from my point of view. Connection it is almost instant, battery is great, feeling is good, gestures can be customised, connection it is not lost even when you are many meters from the phone, mic is good, sound is good (only the volume could have been little higher - if anyone knows how to increase more than normal maximum please let me know !!! - maybe OP will do it in another software update).
    I think the reviewers that said are not good enough did not pair them with a OP device or did not have the latest firmware or they were paid by Apple to say so.
    For pre-order getting the buds was the only option to make it acceptable.
    Kudos to the ones who posted here that we can safety cancel the order and reorder with buds (choosing the correct gift).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020

19. dinamoski , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Pete Simspon

After testing for a few days my nord journey is over, boxed back up and UPS collecting tomorrow. just not that impressed with the phone camera compared with my oneplus 6 which to me takes a lot better photos...yes the nord has a lot of good features but the camera just isn't doing it for me photos seem very washed out and low on colour....not what i expected...so will stick with the oneplus 6 for now

Tbh I didn't test out the camera that much. Colour was ok, but didn't seem the most natural. There was a slight haze to the photos and lacked sharpness. Something with the photos was slightly off.
    The camera on my 2/5 year old phone is better. Not bothered about all this depth sensing, bokeh effect etc. There seemed to be some processing involved after taking each photos, that was slow and probably unnecessary. I just want a point and shoot that takes decent reliable photos.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020

JohanesRanvil and Pete Simspon like this.
  20. spotiXX
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

spotiXX , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I wonder why people got a bottle, when i got a bag. Even the people ordered days after me??? How is this possible???