The Nordians Pre-Order Club

1. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2020

alextoledo , Aug 4, 2020 :
    At least they sent you the bag, because here a user who preordered NORD on July 21st and only received one sandstone case... now they send earphones, bottle, design case, stickers, the AR invitation...

PRE-ORDERING was only worth it to fill the pockets of Carl and his team, advantages for the user? None.

If we have learned anything from NORD, don't trust OnePlus and its marketing.

2. hedgemeist
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

hedgemeist , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I have noticed that a couple times too.

I am returning mine, I think I fell for all the hype and the excitement of the pre-order marketing. For me it's just not quite a big enough upgrade over my Sony Xperia XZ2, so I'm going to keep it going for the time being.

Y1542369133274 likes this.
  3. kkloon
    Froyo Aug 4, 2020

kkloon , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Tested the camera further today, OP camera app did some "beauty effect" smudge on the faces, produced some extremely fair skin colour, nothing like the real person. Truly bad.

Had the Gcam installed as well, so took more photos but this time with Gcam, the results were much more pleasing and true to the actual scene/ person.

Again this proved that the hardware (main camera at least) are good but software wise, there are plenty of room for improvement. Hope to see OP release a fix for this camera app urgently.

Y1542369133274 likes this.
  4. alextoledo

alextoledo , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I don't want to be a pessimist, but I invite you to wait sitting down because the wait will be long for not telling you that it will never come.

OnePlus can make you fall in love for many things but their cameras are decent, no matter how much they say it is a flagship camera, you buy an OP8/T/PRO, OP9/T/PRO... they are never going to stand out until they get serious about the software problem they have in their camera/algorithm application and they are not capable of it no matter how many years go by, we do not ask for GCAM levels that border on excellence with a 12.2MP sensor makes you ashamed no matter how much you mount 64MP or 108MP.

I think it's great that in China they like to live in a continuous beauty mode and that the faces are smooth and without wrinkles, but that's why they have the beauty mode to activate it. Normal users want to have detail and the sensor to capture everything like reality, this kind of thing that they implement in HydrogenOS.

You already know how to make fast devices with good performance, now leave this aside and make a good camera app that knows how to interpret the scenes well and has a good processing, ask your fellow HUAWEIs for help.

kkloon and Akshay V Anil like this.
  5. Nelgalisil
    Froyo Aug 4, 2020

Nelgalisil , Aug 4, 2020 :
    That is jot true. I preordered and got invitation card, stickers, then bought on 21 july and got phone and the gift i choose white buds. Receive on rhe 29 a box with phone and buds inside. So very happy with all

Shiba±06 likes this.
  6. csohic
    Eclair Aug 4, 2020

csohic , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Whoever got the buds with the pre-order is very happy.
    For the others they could at least give a cable to connect normal headphones.

SplashmasterBee likes this.
  7. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2020

Shiba±06 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 4, 2020 :
    You choose the wrong feature, unfortunately, because what you choose decided your gift.
    I'm happy I saw on this forum that people said what the features represented.

The mistake OnePlus has made is giving gifts with different values.
    A lot of people are really disappointed.

alextoledo and SplashmasterBee like this.
  8. I1595841341367
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

I1595841341367 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Are you on Vodafone UK 5G? I ordered mine . coming tomorrow and my VF plan is 5G, Just wondering if it's as fast as they claim?

9. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I'm on Voxi which is powered by Vodafone. I believe it's a 5G plan but I don't live in an area that has 5G nor have I been to one yet to actually test it

10. I1595841341367
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

I1595841341367 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Coolio, I will get mine this week and I think I have 5G nearby so will see how it goes.

11. alextoledo

alextoledo , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Of course, when you are one of the first you go on an adventure and disappointment explodes in your face. But you get more disappointment when you see that users later receive more and better gifts than a preorder. [e]1f614[/e][e]1f614[/e]

12. SplashmasterBee
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

SplashmasterBee , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I'm definitely am one of the disappointed people. It totally
    sucks that they make gifts with so different values and also encrypt which is what. Now I got two times the black sandstone case because I chose the wrong thing and ordered the case separately, too since they offered me that during checkout bundled with the screen protector. Why didn't they show somewhere what you actually order there?

Until I saw the forum with the decryption of the gifts I thought they messed something up and sent me two instead of one, even I was confused since they promised a gift. And then I see how much stuff the people get who didn't even pre-order... (Lucky for them, sure)
    I feel totally fooled. It's almost annoying that the Nord is actually super nice. Why not the pre-order also... OnePlus claims to be so close with the community.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020

alextoledo likes this.
  13. alextoledo

alextoledo , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 4, 2020 :
    They alone have gotten into trouble, but luckily they already have our money and are happy. Users now have to endure or use RMA for refund. Perhaps this way they are aware of the treatment they have given to the people who truly bet on this.

It is embarrassing that they do not speak out, while they continue adding fuel to the fire, giving more buyers with more gifts.

why OnePlus? were you only interested in our money in the preorder? Now it is I who makes use of your motto "Never settle" and I want what belongs to me as you have given to the rest of the users

14. Nelgalisil
    Froyo Aug 4, 2020

Nelgalisil , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Well , i read th forums, cancel my first order that was the blqck sand case. Reorder chose white buds.waites to the phone arrival to see the quality of the included case and to see 8f they sent other gifts. They didn't so bought black sandstone case. And yesterday bought skin for the cameras, cause the case has very small distance to camera module.

15. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

I think they handled the gifts wrong. It should have either been you pick what you want until sold out or it is truly random and people don't know what they're getting until it arrives. I also think they should have been give or take the same value.

The thing that has disappointed me more, is all the competitions on Social for the pop-up box - there was nothing for people who pre-ordered. Pop-up boxes definitely seem to be much better value

alextoledo likes this.
  16. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

Not everyone has the money to be able to buy a phone twice and wait for the refund. How are finding the Buds?

17. Nelgalisil
    Froyo Aug 4, 2020

Nelgalisil , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I really like the buds.Fits nicely on ear. Good sound, good call quality, very fast to pair as soon as you put in ears. Good response to touch gesture.so very pleased. And yes waited 12 days to refund. This time had money on bank.[e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e]

alextoledo likes this.
  18. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

That's good hear about the buds. I think I'm going to wait to see if OP bring out ones in the future with silicone buds. Yeh I definitely couldn't have waited 12 days for a refund

19. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2020

Shiba±06 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I thought the same, but after 12 hours I finally found out why there were two of the same things on my order in the email I could see what the gift was and lucky enough I did have the enough amount of cash on my bank. so I could change the gift.