The not so straightforward story of OnePlus Nord.

1. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

Carl , Aug 5, 2020 :
    HeartPassion_4_Banner.jpg

It’s been over a couple weeks since we took the wraps off OnePlus Nord in the world’s first AR smartphone launch and we couldn’t be happier with the reaction from our loyal community, our partners, and members of the media. Before OnePlus Nord open sales kicked off this week, we sold out of pre-orders, our first online Pop-up event was a huge success, and we gained over one million followers on Instagram. Safe to say, we’re pretty overwhelmed with your support and we can’t thank you enough for embarking on this new direction with us.

Naturally, we’ve done a bit of celebrating. But we’ve also used this time to reflect on our journey. It was only seven months ago that Nord was just an idea written down on a whiteboard in a conference room. In that short amount of time, we had to assemble a team, come up with a sales plan, launch plan, and every other kind of plan out there, really.

But the story of Nord wouldn’t have been worth telling if it was simple. We had disagreements, there were sleepless nights, and we went back to the drawing board more than we’d care to admit. We also had to get everything done in the midst of a global pandemic that forced us to adapt how we developed Nord from every perspective.

So how did we do it? Well, we’ve been pondering that for the last couple weeks now and we think we’ve finally come up with an answer. This is going to sound as cliché as it comes, but every single one of us loves what we do, and we were never going to settle until we had a product that both us, and our loyal community, could stand behind.

If you haven’t realized by now, settling isn’t really our thing.

Watch the New Beginnings finale:

2. Shalin235
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

3. neelesh7852
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

neelesh7852 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hey @Carl , Are you guys going to address the july 15th pre order issues in india or not? the second gift box value is no where near to 5000 and the open sales are starting tomorrow. All the fancy stories aside try looking into customers issues too.

4. Starcommander
    Lollipop Aug 5, 2020

5. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Aug 5, 2020

luxuskamel , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Great, episode 4 :D

That guy having a black-green terminal showing top on the Mac @ 2:24 lol

6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 5, 2020

B_Wrath , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Yet another useless hype thread.

I wonder what is needed to make Carl come up and say "Friends, we f'ed up with the screen on the Nord".

7. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator Aug 5, 2020

8. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 5, 2020

9. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    OnePlus nord has way too many software issues. From green tint to really poor camera performance, not being able to update chrome and webview, unable to link to RCC and unable to verify device on OnePlus website, the issues are many and solution none. Hope you all look in it @Carl

10. neelesh7852
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Are you guys going to address the july 15th pre order issues in india or not? the second gift box value is no where near to 5000 and the open sales are starting tomorrow. All the fancy stories aside try looking into customers issues too.

11. Dhruv Kashyap , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Aug 5, 2020 :
    All of the documentaries as a whole have really gave a huge insight into the phone process from beginning till end.

So much hardwork goes in and finally after overcoming a lot of hurdles the final product is made.

The launch day price reveal was a very hurtful move for the team, but team overcome the problem and finally Nord Launch was successful.

@Carl Thank you for bringing us this Phone!

12. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2020

Swatiranjan , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I was expecting the 4th video to be on Customer Support part.... So, Waiting for one video on how customers are feeling after buying the device.
    A True Voice for the device.

13. neelesh7852
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

How about a video on customer issues and they not answering them. Would be iconic and lengthy.

14. brent.naidoo
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

brent.naidoo , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Amazing video. Truly appreciate the DNA of Never Settling. Even in these turbulent times Oneplus is still pushing the boundaries and embodying their slogan. #NeverSettle

15. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I meant that only. A true voice of customers.

16. sceid
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

sceid , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Still waiting them to fix the issue occurred in Europe to some people for the same reason. The support did nothing, I ended up ordering the Nord without ANY gift at all.
    OnePlus won, in the end, and I bought a great smartphone. But it doesn't feel equal, and all the customer care process needs a lot of improvement. I ended up being disappointed with my "regular" order.

Ramki.9030, exodvz, aetasoul and 4 others like this.
  17. Batman360
    Lollipop Aug 5, 2020

18. Beast✓
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Beast✓ , Aug 5, 2020 :
    @Carl Instead of diverting your time to non-required stuff.
    Could you or your team solve other important issues?

19. deep0611
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

deep0611 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hey @Carl. Please see your customer service also.. There is a lot of problems in your devices.... Customer care aren't solving all problems like green tint, black bar and so many more and you are not accepting it.

20. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator Aug 5, 2020

An.I.Am , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hello there, I'm sorry but I'm not a OnePlus employee, I'm just a fan and a student like many others on the forum.
    As a moderator I can help you in many ways with the community but unfortunately this is something out of my reach.
    I'm going to ask around and see what I can get, but if you have any questions you can contact costumer support which can assist you better than me 😅 :)
    https://onepl.us/support