The Official OnePlus One Clear Case Unboxing & Short Review

1. erictjf
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

erictjf , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Sorry for the late update(s) on my OnePlus One Clear Case everyone!
    I've received my OnePlus One Clear Case a week ago and I bought Two units of it!

Unboxing
    So here it goes..
    Here(s) both front and back view of the premium OnePlus white box for the case!
    case 1.jpg case 2.jpg *Photo(s) taken with OnePlus One*
    In order to open it up, as usual, you have to either slide the familiar red tray up or down
    That feeling is just so premium! None other case manufacturers able to offer such great premium feel for the box of their case!
    case 3.jpg case 4.jpg *Photo(s) taken with OnePlus One*
    After taking the Clear Case out from the red tray that protects it,
    This is how the case looks like!
    case 5.jpg case 6.jpg *Photo(s) taken with OnePlus One*
    Now it's time to do some serious stuff! Let's place it on the SandStone Black OnePlus One!
    But before doing so..let me take a Before and After photo
    Before:
    case 7.jpg *Photo(s) taken with Note 3*
    After:
    case 8.jpg *Photo(s) taken with Note 3*

Short Review(s)
    This Official OnePlus One Clear Case cost $10.99 in the OnePlus Store.
    Firstly, while I'm unboxing it I'm quite excited and happy that finally I got a case to protect my One. Those premium and solid feeling of the box are so nice and you could not find it anywhere other than from OnePlus.
    But once I took up the case from the red tray, the first thing that comes to my mind is..this is just a cheap thin plastic case like those selling at other site with an extremely cheap price tag and I'm a bit disappointed about it as I though it would have a layer of coated transparent "skin" and not just plain cheap plastic. *Sorry, I personally don't like hard case, I prefer TPU case*
    After placing it on my One! Yes, it indeed still shows me the everyone-wanted mighty strong CyanogenMod engraving, but the case is just...I don't know how to say but disappointed as it does not looks that nice at all. I would still prefer the Green color one, it's so sharp, outstanding and nice! But then, it covered up the CyanogenMod engraving; Pro and Con.
    So I guess, all I can do now is just temporary use this Clear Case and wait for some other cases that meets my requirement either it's from the official OnePlus products or the 3rd party manufacturer's original product.
    Therefore, I would say that this Clear Case is just 50/50 the case I'm looking for as it does not meet all of my requirements for a case. This is just my point of view as others might have different preference. =)

More Photo(s):
    [​IMG] *Photo(s) taken with Note 3*
    [​IMG] *Photo(s) taken with Note 3*

For those who missed out on my OnePlus One Unboxing & Short Review, you all may refer here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ort-review-giving-out-one-free-invites.53566/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014

2. mohanhari
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

mohanbabhu likes this.
  3. Hafoer
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

4. yargman
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

yargman , Aug 1, 2014 :
    It does actually look quite nice to my eyes - bit disappointed by your comments regarding the in-hand feel though.. This may not be the One I'm looking for =(

5. erictjf
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

erictjf , Aug 1, 2014 :
    It's just my point of view as I personally prefer TPU cases more than Hard cases
    Yours might be different, so don't be affected that much by my point of view..it's just for your reference =)

yargman likes this.
  6. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

Radeon962 , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I also bought the clear case with my OP but only used it for a short while as the OnePlus feels too good in hand naked. A case really spoils the design and overall feel of the phone.

I have been using mine naked since July 11 and it still looks great with no damage I can find.

I would recommend using it naked before throwing it in a case.

7. Pecan Turtle
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

Headbouncer likes this.
  8. erictjf
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

erictjf , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Yea! I know about it and got the same design for my Note 3 last year
    But they are out of stock now at Amazon..so I guess I shall just wait =)

9. yargman
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

yargman , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Nah I'm with you to be fair - I'm not sure if it's just in my mind, but it always feels like hard cases add that tad extra heft to the phone. Do you have any other case you're specifically waiting for, or just waiting to see what comes?

10. erictjf
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

erictjf , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Maybe the Cruzerlite Bugdroid TPU case?
    Or I shall just wait and see what else cases will be available :D

11. yargman
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

yargman , Aug 1, 2014 :
    It is somewhat strange that a phone with such hype has taken a while to get decent cases in the wild. I'm sure in another month or so though there'll be a veritable flood of all kinds of cases

12. erictjf
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

erictjf , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I bet there surely will be more cases available
    But still..I'm waiting for Spigen :D

13. Dennis743
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

14. Pecan Turtle
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

Pecan Turtle , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I guess it's too much to ask OPO to get some inventory in the accessories department. I sometimes need a case with a folding cover. Cruzerlite Bugdroid TPU case provides decent protection but someone said they're not in stock at Amazon. It was the only one I could find that I could get in a few days.

erictjf likes this.
  15. MeLLamanSILVER
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

erictjf likes this.
  16. Armand
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2014

Armand , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Thanks for this, i personaly use right now a nillkin cheap 7$ hard case bought from ebay.
    I really consider to buy a cruzerlite/diztronic tpu case, coming styleswap covers are too expensive and with hard cases it feels like it's too fin, like it's heating a lot.

17. Pecan Turtle
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

Pecan Turtle , Aug 1, 2014 :
    It's ribbed!

18. erictjf
    KitKat Aug 2, 2014

erictjf , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Condom is good~
    You know..extra protection for the OPO xD hahaha

19. marteebee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2014

marteebee , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Put the case on/off a few times and let us know if there is any damage to the phones sandstone coating.;)

20. hoikwo
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2014