The Official Oneplus trade in program

1. PardhavG Cupcake May 19, 2018

PardhavG, May 19, 2018 :
    That's what i am Trying to say
    It will be better if One plus Refurbish these phones after giving us a good price and Then sale them
    On convinient prices
    As Refurbished Prices are high

2. MentalDraco Marshmallow May 19, 2018

MentalDraco, May 19, 2018 :
    No it's not, it's only convenient for you. OP should offer less or not buy then back at all in my view.

3. Crovax Cupcake May 19, 2018

Crovax, May 19, 2018 :
    I am one of the users who trusted in the seriousness of their buyback program they did for the premiere of Oneplus 6.
    I just received the codes to spend in their online store, my surprise was that in the valuation of my phone I have been given three codes:

first € 100
    second € 50
    third 10 €

These three codes according to their conditions can not be spent on the same purchase, which is a deception in the announcement of its re-purchase.

4. pvilarinho Gingerbread May 24, 2018

pvilarinho, May 24, 2018 :
    In my case the £150 offered by OnePlus is ideal, been looking online for used op3 64gb in mint condition ( mine is like new) between £150 and £200 and the market is flooded, trade ins like the one from O2.uk will give you£100 tops.
    Now my issue is I just bought the OP6 yesterday because I saw the coming soon on the program page, my question is how soon will this be?

5. TheLawyer Cupcake May 25, 2018

TheLawyer, May 25, 2018 :
    What i dont understand is, how can the trade in program be till end of May, but i HAVE to wait 15 days till after my order to actually use the program...

6. FozzyB Cupcake May 26, 2018

FozzyB, May 26, 2018 :
    My thoughts too ! I guess the order has to be made before end of May to qualify for trade in as in the UK we have a 30 day return period that has to expire prior to applying for trade in.

TheLawyer likes this.
  7. SexAndManCity Honeycomb May 29, 2018

SexAndManCity, May 29, 2018 :
    do you have to send back the charger too?
    Can't see definitive proof of this and it doesn't say so anywhere in the trade-in info

8. G_Gavin_Smart_SxED Cupcake May 30, 2018

G_Gavin_Smart_SxED, May 30, 2018 :
    I just got my voucher codes today, major problem! They sent me two seperate codes but you can only use one code per order. I've now lost £50 unless I place a seperate order for some accessories I don't want and then sell them on ebay.

Not happy at all as I traded in my oneplus 3 based on the fact I would get £150 off the price of the oneplus 6. Just waiting to see if they will sort it out. If they don't I'll be asking them to return the oneplus 3 so I can sell it elsewhere and I'll be reconsidering whether I want a oneplus 6 now. Very disappointed that they have misled their customers like that.

I strongly suggest not using the trade in program unless you want to have to place two or three different orders on the site. I've heard that people trading in the oneplus 5 have been sent 3 different codes!

9. chistery Honeycomb May 31, 2018

chistery, May 31, 2018 :
    How is the cashback paid? Cheque or bank transfer?
    Waiting to see what the value is after May, as I have to wait 30 days before I can submit a trade-in.

10. evenmark Cupcake Jun 1, 2018

evenmark, Jun 1, 2018 :
    Its absolutely true.

If you trade in for voucher - they give you multiple vouchers.
    This way, you cannot use full voucher price for a new one plus 6.
    You are forced to purchase accessories.

The trade in is basically like a scam.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018

izzykasha likes this.
  11. ssharif1 Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

ssharif1, Jun 2, 2018 :
    Hi,

I purchased my oneplus 6 on 23rd May and it was delivered to me on the 29th of May. For devices ordered before end of May oneplus was offering preferential trade in rates. For a oneplus 3 it was £140 for good condition, £110 for satisfactory condition.

When I tried to proceed with the cash back on the 30th of May it asked me to first check the box confirming that 30 days were past before submitting the cash back request. Therefore I decided that it is best to wait until the 29th June before using their cashback partner website to submit my trade in. However when I now visit the website it is only offering £100 for good condition and £60 for a satisfactory condition oneplus 3 !

I called the oneplus customer service to query if they will be honoring the initial cashback offer for devices ordered before end of May and they were totally clueless!!!

Has anyone else experienced the same? Will someone at oneplus be able to confirm?

To me this seems a scam for those who went ahead with their orders assuming that they will honour the cashback.

12. izzykasha Lollipop Jun 2, 2018

izzykasha, Jun 2, 2018 :
    Disgusting behaviour from oneplus again, a con giving issuing several vouchers instead of one and you can only use one per purchase.

Maybe a mod can progress this with the community manager.

@SoniaB
    @cevantes
    @pablofg1978
    @superplus
    @gusuraman

13. chistery Honeycomb Jun 2, 2018

chistery, Jun 2, 2018 :
    So June comes along and the value of my OP5 drops £80. As you can't submit an order until 30 days have passed, the special May prices make it look like a scam.

14. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2018

Topper_Gas, Jun 2, 2018 :
    Just sell it on eBay, when I checked this week 3's were going for up to £150, 3T's must be going for more? Even if OP still honour the May trade in values then what's the betting they'll say the phone is not Grade A when they receive it and offer a lower p/ex value?

15. FozzyB Cupcake Jun 3, 2018

FozzyB, Jun 3, 2018 :
    One Plus 5 (8/128) has dropped around £100 on the trade in come the 1st of June. Someone better sort this out as I tracked the price for a couple of weeks at £250/£270, now its £170.
    Were false figures used in the trade in tool to entice people to to upgrade ?
    C'mon OnePlus - sort this out.

16. G_Shahnawaz_Shariff_NASJ Cupcake Jun 3, 2018

G_Shahnawaz_Shariff_NASJ, Jun 3, 2018 :
    Mine had some very slight scuffs on it due to a drop so would have been offered £110 max anyway, with the new post May offer they would pay me only £60. Just traded in at cex as a grade B and got £112, so more than oneplus would have offered me anyway.

Unfortunately for oneplus 3 owners (64 gb one) ebay is flooded and the max they are going for is around £130, so after ebay and PayPal fees + shipping would have got around the £100 mark anyway.

17. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 6, 2018

SoniaB, Jun 6, 2018 :
    I have raised this issue with the Community Manager.
    Please see this thread: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/160gbp-voucher-divided-in-3.847758/ I will update as soon as I know more

18. dRuL3n Cupcake Jul 3, 2018

dRuL3n, Jul 3, 2018 :
    I trade my phone for just over a month ago, pickup of the phone went well and I also got quick answers what the value of my phone was. A few days later, I received an email with my coupons. This despite the fact that I exchanged my phone for money. They replied to the email that they always send out coupons first to wait for a message to pay out. In order for them to be able to pay the money, it has been required 15 days, receipt of my op6, trade in number, op6 number.

I sent all the information they asked for again but no money has not yet arrived.

I have sent and asked when payment is due without reply. has any of you received money and how long did it take? Sincerely

19. GKrupaS Cupcake Dec 13, 2018

GKrupaS, Dec 13, 2018 :
    I seriously think that its much better to sell your phone to get a better price than this trade-in program. I sold my OnePlus 3 on Sellyt.com and now have ordered a 6T. Much simpler process