The one thing that prevents me from buying the 7 Pro

1. Rowekx
    Froyo May 26, 2019

Rowekx , May 26, 2019 :
    I love this company as I am the proud owner of the 3t and 6t. I also own an IPhone 8 Plus, (no hate). One thing I've noticed about the 6t as compared to my IPhone 8 Plus is how weak the music player is via Bluetooth. And not even the player so much as it is the quality of the sound I get between the IPhone 8 Plus and my OnePlus 6t. The sound from my IPhone 8 Plus is so much more superior that what I get from my 6t.

Going solely on the 7 Pro presentation and the stories and videos on Youtube, not much is said about Bluetooth or its DAC. Which suggests to me the sound in the 7 Pro won't be much better than what you get from the 6t. That is holding me up. Now I could be wrong so if anyone has done comparisons between the two, I'd like to hear from you. I'm hoping its a setting change I have not made on my 6t that would resolve my plight but I'm going to stand down until I know a bit more.

Thanks in advance

2. Rowekx
    Froyo May 29, 2019

3. DelBoyJamie
    Froyo May 29, 2019

DelBoyJamie , May 29, 2019 :
    Honestly the sound is far better than any previous OnePlus device. Even better than my Mate 20 Pro device. It's very loud. Doesn't distort, some bass nice and Crisp. And most importantly for me is the "stereo dual speakers" though it equal in quality the addition in the loud speaker in the earpiece makes it so much better when watching content is nice and clear left and right. Your not immediately drawn to noticing sound only coming out of one side.
    It's a vast improvement

4. brandon2814
    Donut May 29, 2019

brandon2814 , May 29, 2019 :

I switched to the One Plus 7 Pro from an iPhone XS Max. I can tell you that the bluetooth quality seems about the same. I have no complaints with bluetooth on the 7 Pro. I've tried it on my airpods, speakers in the car, and a portable speaker and I cannot tell a difference.

Edit- Should also mention I am not using the music player on the phone. I am using Apple Music.

Last edited: May 29, 2019

Rowekx likes this.
  5. jncomputer
    Eclair May 29, 2019

jncomputer , May 29, 2019 :
    Right now the echos in calls makes this a non-buy. I have the 7 Pro and right now I have to apologize to everyone calling me, many eventually give up completing the conversation. I can only fix this by going to absolute minimum call volume or use a headset. Wait till this is resolved, for now - don't buy as OP are not reacting to it.

6. teflocarbon
    Gingerbread May 30, 2019

teflocarbon , May 30, 2019 :
    I have no echo at all, it sounds bold and clear. Either there is something wrong with your phone (RMA) or its people on the other side or your telco.

7. jncomputer
    Eclair May 30, 2019

jncomputer , May 30, 2019 :
    I don't hear an echo, ppl on the other end do. it's a widespread issue if you look it up. one thread here already has 17 ppl responding that they have this issue. I have of course already reported the issue.through proper channels. And done extensive splittesting. Your post was not helpful in anyway.

8. Rowekx
    Froyo May 30, 2019

Rowekx , May 30, 2019 :
    Your issue might be technical more than the question in trying to address here. As much as I love my 6t, the sound via Bluetooth is not the good and no where as close to what I get from my 8 plus. I hope it's improved but I have not found much press about it.

9. brandon2814
    Donut May 30, 2019

brandon2814 , May 30, 2019 :
    I can't say for sure as I did not have a One Plus 6T, but like I previously stated I cannot tell a difference from the iPhone XS Max.