The Oneplus 3 hammers the HTC10 but our old friend is back

1. malidan Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

malidan, Jun 28, 2016 :
    The OP3 showing the HTC 10 a clean pair of heels, but also reveals our old friend is still with us.
    He/she comes out of hiding within the first 2 mins.

Has anyone seen this uninvited guest?

Edit:

For those accusing the poor lad of skullduggery, no problem here 3 out of 3
    You can also see how OP have changed the animations on unlock to give the illusion of being fast.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016

pa5t1s likes this.
  2. aaron.hossain75 Lollipop Jun 28, 2016

LiiightSkiin likes this.
  3. MrPuma Honeycomb Jun 28, 2016

MrPuma, Jun 28, 2016 :
    How can this guy fail with the fingerprint reader on the OP3? :O
    For me it works like 95% of the time if you saved your fingerprint correctly and from different angles

By uninvited guest you mean what? Power button not responding while he was trying to shut off the screen?

pa5t1s and sbooth like this.
  4. malidan Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

5. mattylew80 Honeycomb Jun 28, 2016

mattylew80, Jun 28, 2016 :
    How do we know he properly enrolled his left finger on the OP3? Did he roll it around?
    My fingerprint scanner is amazing. Once in a while it might miss but 99% of the time it's perfect.

MrPuma likes this.
  6. malidan Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

malidan, Jun 28, 2016 :
    The spasmodic FP reader 3 failures in 8 attempts, he seemed pretty surprised too.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016

7. sbooth US Brand Ambassador Jun 28, 2016

sbooth, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Another bogus and synthetic test that means nothing in the real world and proves nothing other than the reviewer is too trigger happy to even enroll his fingerprint properly.

Next...

8. gringoboy Lollipop Jun 28, 2016

gringoboy, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Look at his thumb when it missed. It's too far over to the right.

sbooth likes this.
  9. malidan Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

malidan, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Lol he reviews phones and has used the OP3 in other reviews with no failures.
    You did notice the HTC was 8/8 so he knows how to set it up.

10. malidan Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

malidan, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Yet none on the HTC and no failures in all his other video's. Strange that.

11. aneesimran Honeycomb Jun 28, 2016

aneesimran, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Both the HTC 10 and OnePlus 3 are amazing devices. I have the HTC 10 and you get better audio, Camera and mic. But Im guessing the reason why the OnePlus 3 is faster is probably because it has UFS compared to Emmc on the 10 and also the 10 is encrypted by default. But I haven't personally tried the OnePlus 3, but you can't go wrong with either phones.

malidan likes this.
  12. gringoboy Lollipop Jun 28, 2016

gringoboy, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Yes, but it's clear he is missing the button on the OP3 but hitting the middle on the HTC. I'm not defending anything, but it does seem fishy. I haven't heard much bad news on the FPS so far. The night is young however. I saw a review of that Le Eco 2 thing, and it had a 40% failure rate. :eek:

Max.Mar, IvanMuse and mattylew80 like this.
  13. theshinybeast Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

theshinybeast, Jun 28, 2016 :
    He needs to wash his hands,:p But Seriously, I think this is the one and only video I have seen where this happens.I have seen them all, and I mean them all as I'm a stupidly overcautious buyer when it comes to tech, I mean reaaaallyy cautious I haven't even ordered one even though I know I will, Gold if at all possible #goldop3ftw .o_O You have to admit you're scraping the barrel with this one;):D

Mr. BG likes this.
  14. mattylew80 Honeycomb Jun 28, 2016

mattylew80, Jun 28, 2016 :
    If he reviews phones then he should have switched hands with each phone for a better comparison. It almost seems like he is not putting his thumb on the sensor but almost the fold of his finger. When almost every other review has great things to say about the sensor, I personally feel this video leaves too many factors open to possibility. Again, I know that the sensor on my Op3 works amazing. When it does miss it is usually because I put a part of my finger on that wasn't part of my enrolled fingerprint.
    Is the htc center button a tactile button that has to be physically pushed down?
    All I am saying is his fingerprint test was a little lacking. Not every person in the world is perfectly ambidextrous.

Max.Mar and aenews like this.
  15. cedalone Jelly Bean Jun 28, 2016

cedalone, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Honestly the OP3 fp is good. I was used to the OP2 fp so i can compare and the OP3's fp seems to be really better so far (a week now) I can't talk about rate, but it works really fast, most of the time on the fist attempt..(I can't say always because if my finger is wet, it doesn't, but it is normal imo) .maybe I'm lucky.

16. malidan Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

malidan, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Was that on the SD652 ( LE2)variant, there seems to be an issue with that device. All the reviewers are not impressed with it as opposed to the le Eco 2 series
    If the failure rate is 40% then i wont be getting one of those for sure:D
    This guy is a proper OP fan you can tell from his marginal calling.
    Marginal and OP wins he call it.
    Marginal and anything else wins he never call is and move on to the next.
    I'm pretty sure he know how to use the FP, he couldn't stop talking about how fast it was

17. malidan Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

malidan, Jun 28, 2016 :
    Whats bogus about opening an app? didnt you watch the video, the OP3 won.

Well he seemed to have registered it ok on the HTC10;)

Oh boy:rolleyes: i suppose you know something he does not when it comes to registering your a print.

18. malidan Marshmallow Jun 28, 2016

malidan, Jun 28, 2016 :
    There is nothing wrong with caution. My main concern as i have said before is the FP after reading all the problems people have had with the 2.
    Is it a transplant from the 2 or is it a revised build?

19. MrPuma Honeycomb Jun 28, 2016

MrPuma, Jun 28, 2016 :
    As an actual owner of an OnePlus 3 I can tell you that you should have NO concern about the FPR on the OP3. It is after the iPhone the fastest and most reliable FPR I've used...(if you save your fingerprints CORRECTLY)

20. aenews KitKat Jun 28, 2016

aenews, Jun 28, 2016 :
    This is the fastest sensor I've seen. If he's not getting recognition then it's due to the way he registered his fingerprints.