The Oneplus 3 : pocket problem (with actual test scenarios)

1. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

cssoz , Jul 7, 2016 :
    i dont want to put a case on it but having a metal uni body, it is a must. it looks amazing naked but skins won't do any good either to the cam bump or grip (just not as slippery)

2. Deactivated User
    Jul 7, 2016

3. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

cssoz , Jul 7, 2016 :
    ah i never owned any OnePlus and knowing Oneplus didn't make a edge curved glass for that reason it seems.

and so far from what i read, all the tempered glass for 1+3 does not cover whole screen itself. probably due to the curve starts AS soon as the screen ends, bezel begins.

if not covered then the edges of glass will show a rainbow effect as posted a few times on xda and here too.

i kept the preinstall thing on and i might just get a plastic protector until something better.

4. father666
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

father666 , Jul 7, 2016 :
    This issue is solved in H2OS, they implement the pocket mode in software so we need to wait for the fix for OOS. The H2OS for the OP3 is working grear!!

Attached Files:

dost4frnd likes this.
  5. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

cssoz , Jul 7, 2016 :
    3 finger screen shot is also pretty cool. had it on CM based BeanStalk on my previous phone

6. dost4frnd
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

dost4frnd , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Outwards... Yr phone back facing the leg.

InternetJohnny likes this.
  7. dost4frnd
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

Disabling the fingerprint they ll loose fastest scanner tag. As when you take out your phone first it need to be enabled.
    Or when its in pocket for a longer duration then only disable it.. Depends on algo..

8. dost4frnd
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

I
    I liked your jokes.. :)

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  9. G_Reinhard_Bazant_puEk
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2016

G_Reinhard_Bazant_puEk , Jul 7, 2016 :
    This would probably drain the battery even faster as with no such "solution"

10. bertboy
    Donut Jul 7, 2016

bertboy , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I've noticed similar thing with a lot of phones. If you have 'thin' tissue in your pocket, the touchscreen detects touches from your leg. In my case, it detects the 'double tap' to wake. So the screen goes on (waiting for you to unlock) and off (after about ten seconds) all the time.
    Another case is the proximity/light sensors detecting a "wave" over the screen because of the changing light. From the moment you touch the screen (again, with your leg when inserting the phone on your pocket) while it is showing the clock/notifications, the screen turns on completely. Sometimes while moving in your pocket the notification-bar opens, quick-settings are pressed, etc...

11. dost4frnd
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

I came across that OnePlus cancelled the 3.2.0 update because they came across some bugs,..hopefully they gonna add pocket mode soon in next update.:D

12. davidw16
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2016

13. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

cssoz , Jul 7, 2016 :
    the chinese version of OOS (Hydrogen OS) already did in 3.2.0

i do not think 3.2.1 exist yet

14. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

cssoz , Jul 7, 2016 :
    double tap awake is one issue but doesn't really exisit for 1+3. this issue is finger print which is fixed on chinese OS

15. bertboy
    Donut Jul 7, 2016

bertboy , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Sorry to say, but double tap does exist for OP3. I'm using it several times a day...
    For me, without the wave-over option, the problem was solved on OP3. On OP2 I had to disable double-tap.

16. wq2020wdm
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2016

jsm and cssoz like this.
  17. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

cssoz , Jul 7, 2016 :
    with 3.2.1 still no pocket mode like chinese rom Hydrogen OS does.

18. MarkusRanz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2016

MarkusRanz , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Screenshot_20160708-001929.png I feel with all of you who have this problem every day...
    Normally I wear cotton trousers which have the normal trouserfabric inside of the pocket, no probs there. Everything switched on(fingerprint, doubletap, ambient...) of course.
    Today I used normal worktrousers with the white slim standard fabric from 17:30 till 21:00... It drained over 40% in 3 hours... It switched every setting on(hotspot, change color, disabled mobile data...) and heated my leg.
    I pulled it out a dozen times and it always was screen on lockscreen because fpreader scanned my leg it showed a big fingerprint.. I didn't want to turn screen outside because I handled some stuff and feared breaking glass.
    I disabled then gestures which did not help maybe I should have disabled ambient too but had forgotten were the setting is.

How can fingerprint be disabled? I found no setting for it?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

cssoz likes this.
  19. fazEp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2016

fazEp , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I noticed the heat, the battery drain and also the vibration.
    It is not THAT big of a deal but it would be nice to have a fix for this.
    Anyway the phone is awesome in almost every aspect so I can live with it.
    Tagging them staff : @Carl @Helen @Adam Krisko @Akis E

20. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

cssoz , Jul 7, 2016 :
    im probably ganna disable finger print for now and use smart lock until the pocket mode is out