The OnePlus 5T – How 18:9 Screen, Back Fingerprint Scanner and Face Unlock Come Together

1. Miguel Quezada
    Jelly Bean Nov 20, 2017

2. Ayon Barua
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2017

3. SubhashNayak
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2017

SubhashNayak , Nov 20, 2017 :
    Face Unlock was one of the most unexpected addition. Even the people who leaked the rumors didn't know until the unofficial unboxing came out!! Smart play there by OnePlus. For secure transactions Face Unlock doesn't work. This is a better move considering the easy break thru. Plus additional features like Selfie Snap with a long press of finger print sensor at the back which will help a lotta people out there. Say it's not true, TRY YOURSELF HOLDING YOUR PHONE and try clicking a selfie imagining there's a finger print sensor at the back. Ain't that cool?!!!!

4. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 20, 2017

gaster , Nov 20, 2017 :
    Thanks for these useful and well explained information Louis. I support your move as well because I would like also to try this new stuff with the 18:9 screen ration, non-capacitive buttons, FPS on the back (even if i am so comfortable these last years with it on the front) and the Face Unlock feature. Also I believe that a key player in your decision was the presence of the FPS. What I mean? Some or many people may criticize the Face Unlock feature as a lack of security compared to the FPS but they are not forced to use the Face unlocking because you are giving us the both options. Face Unlock and Fingerprint Scanner Unlock as well. Thumbs up for that. I hope the 5T results ll be more than great and I already waiting the time for the OnePlus 6 to see what's more can come. All the best. Cheers

5. GouthamGTM
    Donut Nov 20, 2017

GouthamGTM , Nov 20, 2017 :
    Is it a marketing strategy to release a 'T' version to boost your sales again... How can there be a version upgrade within less than 6 month.. it's one plus's duty to be loyal and reveal upfront that there will be two versions/variants so most of them would have waited for it. If not at least they should provide us an upgrade based on exchange with some additional cost.

Diogo Costa10 likes this.
  6. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Nov 20, 2017

BobbyV8_ , Nov 20, 2017 :
    if it's different from the trusted face, may be. but if it's same as that.. no. i bypassed trusted face with a photo on my 3T

7. Milan Dudok
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2017

8. ziasamoo
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2017

9. Saniubah75
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2017

10. Diogo Costa10
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2017

Diogo Costa10 , Nov 20, 2017 :

I lost my trust on op. This new polity of a T version every year is a disappoint in my point of view to all that buy the op5 a couple months ago like me.

11. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 20, 2017

sfomin , Nov 20, 2017 :
    and suddenly the rabid fanboys that were against 18:9 screen jump on the bandwagon and praise oneplus for going with 18:9...
    go figure [​IMG]

pa5t1s and ScorpioPirate like this.
  12. Emanuel@
    Donut Nov 20, 2017

13. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 20, 2017

meatandy , Nov 20, 2017 :
    Some reviewer are saying the face unlock feature is NOT quite perfect , can this be further improved with another update?

Salt505 likes this.
  14. absolutnica
    Eclair Nov 20, 2017

15. absolutnica
    Eclair Nov 20, 2017

absolutnica , Nov 20, 2017 :
    I heard somewhere it’s a joke from OP to the Apple iPhone S models, given that the letter T comes after the letter S in the alphabet, teasing that the T models from OP are superior. But hey, you don’t have to believe me. Take this with a grain of salt.

16. ringogelso
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2017

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017

17. hilts001
    Donut Nov 21, 2017

hilts001 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    intsead of making bigger screens and moving finger print at back of the phone and all these nonsense, how about improve the features such as sound qaulity. cause serious as user of OnePlus since the first OnePlus One the qaulity of the current OnePlus 5 is not good enough. I have beats headphones and the sound is really crap, dont get good base or nothing. i had put volume to near full level to get a decent sound. using Spotify for music streaming.

18. Oneplusukfan
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

Oneplusukfan , Nov 21, 2017 :
    you only made these specs because oppo stopped making the 5 and forced you with this design. OnePlus doesn't design the outer phone or many components... it's time for oppo to let one plus design it's own phone and not use oppos leftovers.

19. Oneplusukfan
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

Oneplusukfan , Nov 21, 2017 :
    and another thing. you should have added the band 71 for the USA on T-Mobile. since most phone's you sell in the USA are on T-Mobile. please add for the 6 and put the finger print sensor back on the front, if oppo will let you that is

20. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 21, 2017

sfomin , Nov 21, 2017 :
    to be fair, beats are crap in the first place... So start by changing what you can control [​IMG]