The OnePlus 5T - Let's talk about the headphone jack

1. Suren_chaudhary
    Donut Nov 3, 2017

Suren_chaudhary , Nov 3, 2017 :
    What about the worst camera of one plus 5. With that you cheated customers they are waiting for OTA for camera improvement but you didn't provide any update. Now you launching another phone with same tag and highlighted camera most. Iphone 5s has better camera than this garbage. I think you can't improve camera with OTA may be you provided worst camera Lense or sensor with oneplus 5.

G_jonny_cool_nxOr likes this.
  2. zoarquenix
    Froyo Nov 3, 2017

zoarquenix , Nov 3, 2017 :
    Such a great thing you guys keeping the headphone jack.
    But I still cannot understand why the phone release cycle is so fast? from 3 to 3T to 5 and now 5T.
    Like "YO THE NEIGHBOR SELL THAT TRENDY LOLIPOP, I MUST SELL ONE TOO"
    xDDD

3. rahuldw181
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2017

rahuldw181 , Nov 3, 2017 :
    good decision. it is battery friendly and doesn't distort sound due to software issues

4. zoarquenix
    Froyo Nov 3, 2017

zoarquenix , Nov 3, 2017 :
    Chill bro.
    The camera of OP5 is not the best, but it's not the worst too. You can take good picture with it.
    If not, you can always use other camera app first to suit your needs. I believe they're doing it, and not just doing only the camera but also the overall OOS. You don't want the unstable stuff do you?

harshad lingayat likes this.
  5. harshad lingayat
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2017

harshad lingayat , Nov 3, 2017 :
    great to see that you have included 3.5 mm jack and not following the footsteps of big brands. there are lots of issues in using wireless headphone or to be specific earpods. the major issue is that you have to charge it along with your mobile and you cant just go freely with it.
    moreover this technology is possible only if you have wireless charging for both (cell and headphone). if wireless charging is not available then user will end up struggling with all wires for charging. @Pete are you trying to say that 5T has wireless charging?? is it a hint??;).
    also more slimmer design is of no use and will have bending issues so the current design is just perfect.
    all the best oneplus team.!!:)

6. skt_9
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2017

skt_9 , Nov 3, 2017 :
    Hi Pete,

Thanks for keeping headphone jack in Oneplus 5. If you want to take genuine feedback from an emotionally connected Oneplus user, please ask your team to read through below feedback. I have posted this earlier in one of the forums.

"Though One plus 5 is a fantastic phone and I love the phone in every aspect except that, I was bitterly disapponted at the quality of music from headphone jack as I had great audio & multimedia experience on my earlier budget phone Lenovo K4 note ($150). Owing to this, I do not use my one plus 5 to listen to music anymore. Unfortunately I can not root my phone in warranty period to have Viper4andriod. Best non-root option is Noozxiode Eizo Rewire PRO, and it does wonders to quality of audio to the extent that you do not believe whether it is same head phone jack delivering such great audio when it's volume engine works in One plus 5. But it's volume engine only works intermittently; if you pause & play music again, audio quality degrades from excellent to routine one plus quality with audio tuner. Now that you have mentioned that audio quality is great through type-c port, I feel happy and would like to use type-c option.

Can you please suggest me a pair of good Type-C earphones under $50 if any. (I know type-c earphones pretty costly)".

Please remember Oneplus is a brand that provides near flagship experience at mid/upper mid range prices and may be you would also agree that OP5 lacks that oomph factor that some of the big boys it is trying compete with. If your intention was to provide great sound experience, may be a DAC and amplifier could have been provided with OP 5. I know SD 835 has a built in DAC but it is nowhere near my budget phone quality I mentioned above.

People are spending hefty sums in buying phones already and probably the budget conscious ones are the ones who are buying Oneplus phones. It will be a burden to further spend on high quality headphones and a quality DAC with amplifier helps in improved sound quality. I hope feedback's like these will be considered while designing next generation Oneplus phones.

Thanks for being friendly with your customers!

7. Bryan91u
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2017

Bryan91u , Nov 3, 2017 :
    good. now, talk about fingerprint.scanner ?! I love the front fingerprint scanner and disappointed you changed it to the back for 5T.

8. F_Linkes_SonOf_Govindara
    Eclair Nov 3, 2017

9. amartens181
    KitKat Nov 3, 2017

10. Anand_Nair
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2017

11. Syze00
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2017

Syze00 , Nov 3, 2017 :
    I know you are keeping the 3.5mm jack, but there is a 2.5mm jack available. If size is the main issue, why hasn't anyone gone that route if space is a premium in devices versus getting rid of a jack everyone wants? If a manufacture came to me and said "sir, we can keep the audio jack buy making the phone 1.3mm thicker." I would take that deal in a second! I'm not sure who wouldn't. There is such thing as a phone being too thin its uncomfortable to hold.

12. G_Aditya_Raj_uKPL
    Donut Nov 3, 2017

13. yagna teja
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2017

yagna teja , Nov 3, 2017 :
    The current type C ports on OnePlus 5 are of 2.0 which is quite slow in transferring files and I'm requesting him to upgrade it to type C 3.0 as they will rise the prices anyhow

14. Ananya Gogoi
    Eclair Nov 3, 2017

15. punitvaria

punitvaria , Nov 3, 2017 :
    First of all camera is not BAD. You are exaggerating.
    >> Iphone 5s has better camera than this garbage
    Why don't you buy it then ? If you are comparing camera then compare the pricing as well. You are getting best in what amount you are paying.

16. karthi_spurs
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2017

17. Suren_chaudhary
    Donut Nov 3, 2017

Tune kbhi camera dekhe bhi h phone k mere pass bhi phone h tere pass bhi h tujh jaiso ki vjh se ye company dusre phone release kr rhi h tu bhi khud janta h ki camera kesa h or 40k kam h ky bewkuf itne price m camera nhi sahi hoga to ky hoga be great bn ne chale ate h pta kuchh h nhi

18. punitvaria

punitvaria , Nov 3, 2017 :
    Buddy you need to talk in a language which we can understand.

19. Suren_chaudhary
    Donut Nov 3, 2017

Where do you live.

20. punitvaria