The OnePlus 5T - Let's talk about the headphone jack

1. oakeyjames
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2017

oakeyjames , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I don't care about the thickness of the phone, just KEEP THE HEADPHONE HOLE! Do whatever to make it cheap as long as it doesn't lose the headphone jack

2. Two
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2017

Two , Nov 10, 2017 :
    Before it was a feature to have one, now it is a feature to still have one :confused:

3. drtapit
    Eclair Nov 10, 2017

drtapit , Nov 10, 2017 :
    Headphone Jack should stay. Audio is as important to me as visual appeal (I guess that's what you are going for in the 5T)

4. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2017

florincostescu , Nov 11, 2017 :
    the headphone jack is really the only argument of 5t against the razer phone (and I admit it's a strong one).

prices will be not much far...so...it's user's choice: a more expensive oneplus iteration (that nobody asked for) or a really NEVER SETTLE Razer with the most advanced specs

5. deshmukh4880
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2017

6. G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha
    Eclair Nov 13, 2017

G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha , Nov 13, 2017 :
    There is a lot of talking about the Audio Jack now-a-days!

Well there are 3 options or choices that are:
    1: Keep the good old 3.5mm Audio Jack,
    2: Introduce an entirely new USB Type-C Digital Audio Jack,
    3: Remove the headphone jack

The best thing, in my opinion would have been if you introduced 2 USB Type-C ports; one for DASH Charge & the other one for superior quality Digital Audio output!❤️❤️
    Because everyone is moving towards digital audio output via USB Type-C jack but the problem is that they are using only one jack for 2 purposes!

The best solution, in my opinion, would be to introduce 2 USB Type-C jacks with the exact same features or capabilities i.e. Both should be able to DASH charge and provide excellent quality audio output as well. ❤️
    But please never ever remove the audio jack completely as it is very annoying when you can only charge your phone or listen to music at a time

7. andy_singh01
    Donut Nov 13, 2017

andy_singh01 , Nov 13, 2017 :
    I think it's quite awesome the CEO is active on forums and addressed such an area which has raised a lot of questions. It's fair to say my decision of which phone to upgrade to has been made - bring on the OnePlus 5T

8. sdcllams
    Eclair Nov 14, 2017

9. sujithkumarsr
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2017

10. Sebilion
    Eclair Dec 10, 2017

Sebilion , Dec 10, 2017 :
    Hello everyone, sorry if this has been asked before but I just can't find it anywhere. I am a huge fan of oneplus and I am seriously considering about selling my Samsung galaxy note 8 and getting a oneplus 5t. My only concern is the DAC. I am an audiophile and a good internal DAC is a MUST for me! I had an lg v20 and was very happy with it, but it got old. Then I was lured by Samsung's great camera and large screen, but audio quality is very bad with my expensive earphones and because it has exynos chip I can't do anything. I saw on YouTube that oneplus 5 has much better DAC output than samsung galaxy s8 but there is nothing out yet about the oneplus 5t. I don't want to get the lg v30 because I like stock android. Can someone tell me of the oneplus 5t DAC quality? Is it as good as the one plus 5? I saw a review on YouTube that stated it is not that good, so I need someone who has the phone, or even better both phones to compare them for me and help me decide what I'll get. Sorry for the huge text, I hope you understand. Thank you in advance :)

11. G_Mayur_Vashist_PMxU
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2017

G_Mayur_Vashist_PMxU , Dec 10, 2017 :
    well If you remove a headphone jack...and make it slim for the people who don't want it.. and for the people who want it get a back cover which has a headphone jack and USB type -c I know it will increase the length of the phone from the bottom... but this will get both jobs done

12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 10, 2017

Cheetosdust , Dec 10, 2017 :
    The problem with this message is future proofing.

If/when OnePlus decides to remove the headphone jack, do you have any idea how many times this message will be quoted?

Take a look at what happened with Google with the Pixel and the Pixel 2. I'm talking about this video.

13. ArticDzn
    Donut Dec 13, 2017

ArticDzn , Dec 13, 2017 :
    that's why I love OnePlus and if OnePlus keep this way I keep buying OnePlus product

14. A1513171044331
    Donut Dec 14, 2017

A1513171044331 , Dec 14, 2017 :
    The reason I bought Oneplus 5T is because it has a headphone jack.

1-I have around 6 pairs of expensive headphones that I use from time to time. So buying another bluetooth headphone is a big No No for me.

2-So many instances that I charge the phone and listen to music through the headphones at the same time. To me it is just stupid to have to buy a separate dongle and have it in my pocket when I travel, so problematic.

I really hope that Oneplus will keep the headphone jack into the next 2-3 new models. This is still a decision changer for many people.

15. aires69uk
    Eclair Dec 16, 2017

aires69uk , Dec 16, 2017 :
    Late to the party to say this, but...... wise decision guys. If I ever have to get wireless buds and junk my wired headphones, then it'll be time to look for another phone manufacturer. I have good quality headphones as well as good quality earphones, and I'm not prepared to stop using them. Audio quality is paramount and I won't compromise on that. Well done OnePlus for not copying Apple like Google have done, I'll never get another Google phone now (had Nexus 4 back in the day and still have a Nexus 10). I still have my OnePlus One, and chances are greater than not, I'll upgrade to a OnePlus 5T after Christmas. I think the OnePlus 6 will be cost prohibitive and this'll be my last upgrade for a long time. Thank you for continuing to produce the goods guys.

16. Martin70
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2017

Martin70 , Dec 17, 2017 :
    Sebilion, I am not sure of which DAC but I can confirm that the sound quality is good enough for an audiophile. Last night I started testing sound settings in the Neutron Music Player and ended up soundtripping it was so good. What I know the phone has got is Dirac HD sound. The overall sound can be a little bright but a good music player will let you adjust that.

17. G_Pranav_Chaudhari_WhzN
    Eclair Dec 17, 2017

G_Pranav_Chaudhari_WhzN , Dec 17, 2017 :
    Please don't remove headphone jack that is most needed for listening music ( At least for me ). Well wireless technology is advance but i would still prefer headphone jack most of the time for my mobile

18. Omkar_Narangikar
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2017

19. Nandhishwaran R
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2017

the_reckoner and G1513620284621 like this.
  20. G1513620284621
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2018