The OnePlus 5T - Let's talk about the headphone jack

1. G_jonny_cool_nxOr Jelly Bean Nov 2, 2017

G_jonny_cool_nxOr, Nov 2, 2017 :
    Yea true .. They Should have announced About oneplus 5T when oneplus 5 was launched so that we can wait for this .. But now i dont think 5T would be selling more as Majority of people have bought 5 and they wont Buy 5T unless they are giving very good exchange offer

2. analgesic Cupcake Nov 2, 2017

Jon Conley likes this.
  3. grk007 Honeycomb Nov 2, 2017

4. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 2, 2017

Dunnow, Nov 2, 2017 :
    I sure needed no NFC or MAXX Audio drivers on the OP2 ;)

Are you sure about that? I seem to recall quite a few hundreds of threads about BT not working properly, since OP2 to today's latest and greatest from OP...

@Pete don't lie to us :3

G_plusone likes this.
  5. pojr Jelly Bean Nov 2, 2017

pojr, Nov 2, 2017 :
    Yup

I bought the OPX because of the impeccable camera as advertised. What we got was software that didn't fully utilize the hardware capabilities lol

And the OPO is a bad example. That phone actually received proper updates

6. karpersmurf Jelly Bean Nov 2, 2017

karpersmurf, Nov 2, 2017 :
    No it won't, it will have a FullHD+ screen. Still some improvement.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

malidan likes this.
  7. meatandy Nougat Nov 2, 2017

meatandy, Nov 2, 2017 :
    A headphone jack in an Red device would be awesome addition to the fleet.;)

G_plusone likes this.
  8. niravm Cupcake Nov 2, 2017

niravm, Nov 2, 2017 :
    Ok so OnePlus 5T is there.
    I guess near about 16th of this month.

9. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 2, 2017

Dunnow, Nov 2, 2017 :
    but OP cannot charge wirelessly... so... even if the future is wireless, unless you spend a few hundos on earphones (bulky AF too) you would still not be able to keep using cable earphones + charge the phone unless you keep the jack. What about plugging the phone to a car's audio input and others too?

No no... the 3.5mm jack stays until chinese stores do not sell more wired earphones. xD

G_plusone likes this.
  10. absolutnica Eclair Nov 2, 2017

absolutnica, Nov 2, 2017 :
    Glad you´re keeping the headphone jack. Still not ready to move away from the jack, mainly 'cause I love my Bullet V2. Been a proud owner of a OP3 for over a year and it's been such a great device that it gets better everytime a new one comes out. Nevertheless I will be getting the new 5T just because its gonna be way to cool of an upgrade. #Neversettle

lostLambda likes this.
  11. Horsault Marshmallow Moderator Nov 2, 2017

Horsault, Nov 2, 2017 :
    Maybe it will be future announcement occasion.

12. jmreil Cupcake Nov 2, 2017

jmreil, Nov 2, 2017 :
    This could be quite controversial for some people, but I'll ask about it anyways. Can a smaller phone size be considered? Say.... 4.5"? Personally (note I said personally), I'm tired of phones getting so big. Mine barely fits in my pockets, so I have to take it out every time I sit. Sometimes I walk stiff because my phone is getting in the way.

Hopefully OnePlus will see this post and at least acknowledge the idea. The norm is bigger and better, yet OnePlus just acknowledged that it goes against the norm. Maybe this could be the start of an S line (for small, I don't know, just an idea).

lostLambda and Luis Sismeiro like this.
  13. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Nov 2, 2017

rarog, Nov 2, 2017 :
    It should work if you don't have secure screen protection on. You can talk about it even now, just not in this thread, as it's kind of off-topic here.

So far the OP3 still does receive updates regulary. So fare it's definitely better than what was the case with OP2.

Right after release I couldn't connect with a box i use in the kitchen, but this was solved for me after the first update. Never had any problems with my BackBit FIT headset I use in the gym. While there are real problems in the pool of threads, this doesn't mean all are real problems or are problems of the phone. You can also find threads about non working microphones. But this also sometimes just means that the phones are faulty and have to be repaird and not that it's a general problem.
    Starting with OP3 I didn't notice many Bluetooth problems in my everyday usage. Either the devs stopped breaking things or they got a better driver from their component supplier. Whatever the case is - it's better.

pojr likes this.
  14. mfeinstein Gingerbread Nov 2, 2017

mfeinstein, Nov 2, 2017 :
    @Pete if you did like Apple and removed the audio Jack, maybe you didn't have to flip the OP5 AMOLED screen to save space, leading to the annoying Jelly effect I can see on my phone every day.

I don't think the USB-C is a problem, people just have to stick a USB-C-To-Audio-Jack adapter on front of their headphones, and never remove it, it will be the same.

Yes, you can't listen and charge at the same time, but come on, that's almost never happening, and worst case scenario, buy a USB-C hub and leave it with your charger/Dash-cable.

lostLambda likes this.
  15. pgidia Lollipop Nov 2, 2017

16. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2017

f1982, Nov 2, 2017 :
    It would be interesting if OP used this as a differentiator in their upcoming 5T marketing. Then interesting if OP saw a large uptake of the 5T from people looking for a 'minimal bezel' phone, who also don't want to lose the 3.5mm jack, and don't really have a massive number of alternatives? If that happened, in the same way as many android manufacturers have followed Apple, chasing more money from peripherals, whether another group of android manufacturers might follow OnePlus and keep the 3.5 jack, to keep their customers?

17. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Nov 2, 2017

rarog, Nov 2, 2017 :
    You must have really good eyes if you can see it every day. I don't see it on mine. I know it's there form videos. But videos capture the picture in different ways than human eyes.

At least the Dash charging shouldn't work in that scenario.

18. islamabdelwahab Cupcake Nov 2, 2017

islamabdelwahab, Nov 2, 2017 :
    respect!

19. Aleyam Cupcake Nov 2, 2017

Aleyam, Nov 2, 2017 :
    please consider the next model: Water proof and stereo sound and
    digital reader on the side.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

20. nikunj Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2017

nikunj, Nov 2, 2017 :
    Great Job...!!!