The OnePlus 6 Launch Tabloid, as told by Chris dB and Ruby G.

1. Jess T. Graphic Designer Staff Member May 18, 2018

Jess T., May 18, 2018 :
    Really nice meeting some of you at the Launch on Wednesday! Pleasantly surprised that y'all recognise me :)

SoniaB, script, puma95 and 4 others like this.
  2. DavidR1 Cupcake May 18, 2018

3. DavidR1 Cupcake May 18, 2018

4. Leonfrancis30 Cupcake May 18, 2018

Leonfrancis30, May 18, 2018 :
    hi I'm Leon Fernandes I attended the launch event in india as the event was so awesome , I felt bad cause the security guard gave me bad words as I left the line to go back to the taxi and the volunteer also were like "hat bae" cause they wanted to cross the line to get some stuff .I would post this yesterday but no time I posted it only on Twitter and no answer I felt so bad I'm a one plus fan and this time I felt so ashamed of the support staff sry to say plz look this up for your next event

5. simsimbol Honeycomb May 18, 2018

6. simsimbol Honeycomb May 18, 2018

SoniaB, Shuffler505, aris and 4 others like this.
  7. aenews KitKat May 18, 2018

aenews, May 18, 2018 :
    If you read this fast and squint hard, you might read "OnePlus Launches Tablet" :rolleyes:

script, idkwhoiam322, Ruby G. and 2 others like this.
  8. dcmcc24 KitKat May 19, 2018

SoniaB and meatandy like this.
  9. meatandy Oreo May 19, 2018

dcmcc24 and G_plusone like this.
  10. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator May 19, 2018

11. BeingIncog Marshmallow May 19, 2018

12. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator May 19, 2018

puma95, May 19, 2018 :

Ryan Godric

I must admit, those pub snacks that Sonja got us were really good!
    But I can only add my thanks to everybody that helped make this such a once in a lifetime experience for me!
    Oh and this is me starting to use the forum, now that I met all you good people (I am Ryan by the way, who would have guessed ^^) hope I can figure out who is who

maa duuude

no problems just remember me and you're good to go HAH

edit:

thanks a lot man! The community app didn't auto fulfilled the tags for me

13. Ryan Godric Eclair May 19, 2018

Ryan Godric, May 19, 2018 :
    HAH :D

I've got a pretty good picture of us, but I am unsure if I should post it here [e]1f601[/e]

idkwhoiam322, dcmcc24 and puma95 like this.
  14. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator May 19, 2018

puma95, May 19, 2018 :
    sure man go on, hope I don't look drunk :D

idkwhoiam322 and dcmcc24 like this.
  15. Ryan Godric Eclair May 19, 2018

16. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator May 19, 2018

17. Ryan Godric Eclair May 19, 2018

Ryan Godric, May 19, 2018 :
    Yea I asked Wesley for your number so I can send them to you

18. DARTH 007 KitKat May 19, 2018

DARTH 007, May 19, 2018 :
    most of the celebs everywhere are using the iPhone
    they will sell anything for money.
    so one must not fall for gimmick.
    at the Indian lauch on YouTube,I saw this model praising the op6 camera over the dslr...
    so guys just need to think about all these things before they purchase.
    also I didn't understand why the op6 London launch was so dull.

dcmcc24 and Rahul_Singh_Kshatri like this.
  19. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator May 19, 2018

puma95, May 19, 2018 :
    Why did you thought it was dull?

I mean sure it wasn't like super super fancy but it was very community friendly, pretty welcoming atmosphere for the guests and good to hang out and talk!

gaster, script, idkwhoiam322 and 2 others like this.
  20. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator May 20, 2018

Plenkske, May 20, 2018 :
    It was so great meeting everyone (some: again) !!!
    What I love the most is the fact that everyone gets along really well. With all the different people, nationalities, mindset, drunk state :p and what not, but we still have loads of fun.
    Thanks for making this possible @David Y. and @Crystal Z. and all other OP staff !

And now I'd like to share some of my journey in chronological order.

Tuesday: work, travel & meeting everyone
    Worked at home untill ~ 15:00 , then went with a bus to Eindhoven where @GeertBerkers picked me up to go to Amsterdam Schiphol airport. Only little traffic delay and after security etc. we went to McDonalds to meet @Maximus Decimus Meridius , to find out we were at the wrong McDonalds haha. 15 minutes walk and finally the correct one. Schiphol is too big ;)

We arrived at London City Airport at ~ 20:00 local time. Met up with @gaster and @rarog to travel together to Stratford which was only 20 minutes with the DLR :)

After checking in the hotel we went to the restaurant to meet everybody else ! Which was already a large group but it was great ! Nice vibe. And this vibe continued untill late that night :)

Wednesday: launch day
    Excitement for launch slowly builded this day.
    We headed to Copperbox in the morning and already the first people were in line ! We met with the very busy staff and also saw some secrets ;)
    And damn, that Copperbox arena is big !!

I think the keynote was well done. @Carl did a good job and the video's were nice. Also the crowd did good, much better as in New York.
    Then, fan zone time ! Busy, but less chaotic as I thought it would be. I think it all went well and people really enjoyed it :)

After and after-after party were also awesome with plenty of people and drinks.

Thursday: recover & travel back
    Somehow I slept really bad, I think due to all the impressions of the day before. After waking up I already knew it was gonna be a hard day recovering. After breakfast me and @ɢноѕтΘne went shopping a lil bit, before leaving for airport.
    Saying "bye and cya later" to everyone is always a sad moment :( hope to see you all next time !

After a nice flight me and Geert had to go back through rush hour traffic , total delay of ~40 mins. Sucked but no other choice... thanks Geert for driving !

ps. I'm glad I see lots of beers in the pictures of this thread. Seems that tech people really like beer :)
    pps. I checked the photo's I got but I didnt think any picture was good enough to post here.

Last edited: May 20, 2018

Ruby G., David Y., youbi and 15 others like this.