The OnePlus 6 will have a Notch. Here’s the first official image and the explanation

1. xythiii
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 28, 2018

xythiii , Mar 28, 2018 :
    at least give us a 2k display and sofware option to hide notch like huawei p20....

2. cas8180
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 28, 2018

cas8180 , Mar 28, 2018 :
    At this point I think to keep revenue coming in OnePlus needs to order some more batches of the OP5T to be produced as an alternative option. #NeverSettle give people a choice. Let them choose the notch or your other well received phone and go notch-less.

3. mattia.zucca
    Eclair Mar 28, 2018

meatandy likes this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 28, 2018

meatandy , Mar 28, 2018 :
    At least tag me Bro.

5. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 28, 2018

youbi , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Those are big words and accusations from a user that just joined the forum last week... Or I'm mistaken and you had an old account and lost your login password? ;)

May I ask where did you got all those specs? Because so far the only thing I saw confirmed is the SOC and the Notch...

One thing I must say, reading this thread really shows how much passion OnePlus generates on his users despite being just a smartphone company.

Like the article on gizmodo says

"Sure, it’s not very elegant, and you might not like the way it looks, but that’s not the point. The notch is utilitarian. Getting mad about notches is like being angry about side-view mirrors on cars, or hinges on a door. That is, unless you’re upset that Apple somehow co-opted the entire idea of the notch, which in that case, you’re really just mad about Apple being Apple, which seems a bit petty."

And here on this thread we do see that, most users aren't upset about the notch itself, they are just upset because Apple, that despite not being the first one, was actually the one that is making it famous.

The Notch is there to serve its purpose, to give you the needed sensors while increasing the screen body ratio, the op5t had 80%, and now it seems we will be getting 90%, so in the end we can't really say that is useless, its just an utilitarian that serves is purpose, and from an engineering point of view it really makes sense, no argue on that.

But from a design point of view I get it, its debatable and many won't like it, for those, a feature like Huawei and LG already showed, probably would be more than enough to ease the pain.

[​IMG]

I find it hard to believe that anyone that is not a fan of the notch wouldn't mind to use the phone like this.

One thing I must say that so far the Notch as accomplished, we haven't seem that many users complaining that the op6 is coming and that their beloved 5T is getting outdated. :p :D

Love it or hate its up to each one to decide, but lets hope everyone respects the other person choice, and that in the end we all decide with our wallet. But it does seems that with the current tech the trend is here to stay, and that most companies will follow the notch path. Seeing the first Android P release, we do wonder if even Google pixels will do it.

To notch or not to notch, that is the question. :p

prajnay0, dalmia09, pa5t1s and 2 others like this.
  6. YabbaShabba
    Froyo Mar 28, 2018

YabbaShabba , Mar 28, 2018 :
    Oneplus just lost me. I debated and delayed buying the S9 because of the OP6, totally disappointed. Goodbye
    #NeverSettle motto stands no ground anymore.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018

7. mattia.zucca
    Eclair Mar 28, 2018

vasgou and meatandy like this.
  8. ShangaLo
    Eclair Mar 28, 2018

dalmia09 likes this.
  9. Juan Marroquin
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

10. Jiggy2
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

Jiggy2 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    If they’re having gesture based system anyway, as someone said why not have a top bezel and screen all the way to the bottom? Was really waiting for OP6 but it’s nada to the notch I’m afraid, that thing is ugly!!!! I like how they’re listening to the customer (NOT!) I suppose like the OP2 failure once they realise no ones buying it they might start listening again? But maybe by then they will have lost too many customers, I don’t understand how businesses don’t listen to their consumers as we are the ones keeping them in business??? Go figure!

11. ethansuleman
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

ethansuleman , Mar 29, 2018 :
    i dont understand why companies like the notch. its nothing to be celebrated. we need to boycott the notch. Samsung S9 and S9+ did perfectly fine without the notch and gives the best screen to body ratio. not sure why oneplus has to dip their company this low by adding the notch...

12. WhoAreU
    Froyo Mar 29, 2018

WhoAreU , Mar 29, 2018 :
    But they are true & u haven't explained why this thread hasn't been merged with the Op6 speculation & discussion thread?? One rule 4 some and another the rest of us :rolleyes: #BiasedMods

13. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

14. kbszh123
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

15. vdd65
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

vdd65 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Add a "notch" to get better "screen to body ratio"? Sound like a poor excuse to HYPE up stats. :(

Pei can brag, my notch is smaller than your notch...boys boys.... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

16. mfhadar
    Froyo Mar 29, 2018

17. smitbhagat
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

smitbhagat , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Remember how everyone bashed oneplus 5 for being an iphone clone? Still people loved it right? See im no supporter of the 'notch' , and I've been with oneplus since the Oneplus One
    Let the phone release and then bash them and show them that we hated the design by not buing it.
    I think the interview by Carl was forced by the company as a whole to minimize the damage

OR

Maybe it's just an April fool's joke[e]1f604[/e]

Atleast I hope so

18. dscarpola
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

dscarpola , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I left Apple for OnePlus because I hated the NOTCH and no finger print scanner. now what, where will i go next. It's a bad design stop copying Apple their sales are horrible

19. DillyGR
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

20. SgGokul
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

SgGokul , Mar 29, 2018 :
    It seems you(One plus) never listen to it's Fans..:-( Then it's going to be your (one plus) funeral..;-(