The OnePlus 6 will have a Notch. Here’s the first official image and the explanation

1. rkhuzema
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

rkhuzema , Mar 29, 2018 :
    well if the game is about the Notch showcase a fresher design that's winning. Even a Vivo does this sort of a job!!!! Kudos to them. you may want to think about that as well.

Being a consumer you still prefer the Notch, not a One Plus.

2. rkhuzema
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

you may want to see the Huawei as well.

Samirshah likes this.
  3. Jiggy2
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

Jiggy2 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    If you can hide the notch then why have it? Thin black bar at the top and no bezel at the bottom? Seems easy to me and might have reduced the overall size of the phone as well, maybe I’ll pick up a cheap 5t when they’re sold on eBay

4. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

dalmia09 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    “The only phone on the market that has a notch that doesn’t have a chin is the iPhone X,” notes Pei, and that’s because the iPhone’s “chin is on the back of the phone.” At the bottom of each display is a ribbon for connecting it to the device’s logic board, which necessitates at least a thin “chin.” Apple’s exotic solution to that was to use a flexible OLED screen that curves internally and thus pushes the ribbon connection toward the back. Pei explains that this approach makes the phone thicker and, understandably, more expensive. Not even Samsung, which makes Apple’s iPhone X displays, is being so indulgent in its design. So chins are going to remain a feature of Android phone designs for the foreseeable future.
    -The Verge

youbi likes this.
  5. mtbgus
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

6. stadi
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

dalmia09 likes this.
  7. kumaryashwin
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

8. Imran9930
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

9. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

10. rkhuzema
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

I am and at the potential of phone makers hahaha

I think tshirts should have a print quoting "Fear the Notch"

11. Z1517928662357
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

Z1517928662357 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    my thoughts exactly..everyone is blindly following Apple's trend..

SanyamJain3010 likes this.
  12. rkhuzema
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

if u note that the market already has plenty solutions and bummer designs… why another One Plus.

13. rkhuzema
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

this is exactly why Apple stands out. how so ever stupid and over hyped product they market, the donkeys (being clone producing companies) make it a point to blindly follow and reinstate their so to be success !!!! its disheartening..

Z1517928662357 likes this.
  14. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 29, 2018

derLenno , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Their sales are horrible you say? 50m+ phones sold per quarter isn't horrible...

15. Nikhil Seenivas
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

Nikhil Seenivas , Mar 29, 2018 :
    instead of the notch on top? why not invert the screen, put THE ******* NOTCH AT THE BOTTOM AND SLAP THE FINGERPRINT SENSOR THERE IN THE FRONT AND A REGULAR TOP BEZEL LIKE A 5T? IS THAT REALLY HARD TO IMAGINE/COME UP WITH?
    sorry for the rage tho :)

SanyamJain3010 likes this.
  16. abhishek7
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

abhishek7 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    notch... sorry, not interested!
    I think I'm now settled with oneplus.

5-copy
    5t-copy
    6-copy

it's not oneplus anymore, it's now iCopy.

better to have pixel or galaxy than having upcoming copycat!

17. G_Violaknight1989_Viola_
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

G_Violaknight1989_Viola_ , Mar 29, 2018 :
    horrible ...
    why should i learn to love something what I don't like from the first moment?
    and why op is so obsessed to copy almost 90% from others design ?
    the price it will not be always I argument ...
    op can better than this .
    let's see the feedback sale of this device .
    Carl PEI ..don't push people to like something that only u think ...win the people to like what u like .
    it's so bad to say , why have to learn to love the notch . really ?
    u have to hear your customer demands first. that's how business works .
    I was expecting this op 6 to buy but I'll pass .
    sorry op ..next time .
    good day

18. ScareYa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

ScareYa , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Pei? Is that the same guy who keeps explaining how awesome and innovative OnePlus' design is? The same guy who keeps saying "never settle!" And now that very guy is telling me that there's no way to design a really bezel free phone for a reasonable price? So either he's fake or OnePlus' magic is gone...

Either way I am not pleased.

19. semper80
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

20. YabbaShabba
    Froyo Mar 29, 2018

YabbaShabba , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Just as previous posts state this is not innovative. OP has gone against its design and business ethos. The other unfortunate thing is making flagship handsets redundant every 6 months and then releasing different colour schemes making early adopters of launch devices feel betrayed. This is exactly not the way to treat your customers.

This design is a highly charged topic, the majority of YouTube reviewers dislike the notch along with the majority of consumers.

A vote for the notch here on the forums would have been a great choice to determine and listen to the community however Pei's statement points to the fact he does not hold the bull by its horns and is forced to adopt the design of the the Oppo R15 whether he likes it or not irrespective of the sugar coating in his statement.

F.....g hell OP can't believe it, feel totally let down. Very disappointing.

#GoodbyeOneplus

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

abhishek7 and Gopi Kiccha like this.