The OnePlus 6 will have a Notch. Here’s the first official image and the explanation

1. malidan
    Nougat Mar 29, 2018

malidan , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Nice deal In the uk £787 for a 2yr contract 4Gb data Ultd calls and texts.
    You also get a pair of Bose headphones( values at £350) but selling on ebay for £200+, so thats going to make it OP5T money without needing to add sim.
    The only drawback is no twilight version yet, I'm going to speak to the service provider today and if say I can pre order now and hold until they get the twilight in the deal will be done.:D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

2. Mohan.peddineni
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

Mohan.peddineni , Mar 29, 2018 :
    OP1 and OP2 are best and unique.after that OP Tring to copy others and loosing it's brand image. By seeing this OP lost almost all of its brand value.

abhishek7 likes this.
  3. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

dalmia09 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    You're just being ignorant. There's no feasible way to achieve a completely bezel free design yet. Doesn't matter if pei says it or someone else.

4. tye359
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

tye359 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Everyone knows Carl is an Apple fan boy at heart, so it shouldn't be a suprise that the notch has made an appearance!

5. Antgl
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

Antgl , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Oneplus doesn't have the resources to create a complete new design like Samsung can or Apple. So if the phone does look good (design taken from others or inspired) I don't really mind, unless it get's too expensive.

dalmia09 likes this.
  6. TheKhemist
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

TheKhemist , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Like Notch the creator of Minecraft both of them are no longer relevant! Couple that with rear finger print sensor it is a no from me. I will stick with my OP3 till the Notch and rear finger print sensor have gone! or maybe look else where!

7. secretkloud
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

secretkloud , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I haven't posted here in forever. I'm still using my OnePlus One. I figured this was the year to change.... then you guys decide to "notch". Why?

Seriously @Carl , why?!

When you sell a phone to enthusiasts, you try to listen to them when they say something. This notch isn't the way forward any more than a curved screen is. Both are distracting nuisances, gimmicks that supposedly gives us more screen. Unless we want to watch videos and play games and do ANYTHING, then both become useless parts of a phone. I had hoped to see an under screen fingerprint reader as the showpiece, not a notch. This is the OnePlus 2 all over again, only (hopefully) not quite as bad.

I suppose it's a good thing OnePlus releases a new phone every six months. When sales figures tell you what you should already know, you'll make a much better phone (I hope). I hope my OnePlus One lasts till then...

Gopi Kiccha likes this.
  8. secretkloud
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

secretkloud , Mar 29, 2018 :
    OPPO and Vivo are owned by the same company as OnePlus. They should be able to use any design within that pool. Many don't have notches...

9. hmchan
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

10. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 29, 2018

Cheetosdust , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Thanks to everyone who already wrote in the thread, I really like reading all the opinions and try to understand the mindset of the my fellow forum members.

I already wrote about the notch and I already said I would prefer if the new phones (from OnePlus or any brand) could be released without one.

I’m not apologising for OnePlus and I do believe quotes like “Learn to love the notch” are like rubbing salt in the wound at the moment, especially to the fans who are not happy with the design decision.

However, I’ll say this: to the users writing they’re not going to buy the phone and that OnePlus is dead to them, why not wait until the phone is actually revealed? We still don’t know the features, we don’t know the surprises the company prepared to be included in the device.

I played with an iPhone X several times now, and I think the notch will go “away” after you use it for a few days or weeks. Everyone is entitled to vote with their wallet, obviously, but for me, if the rest of the phone is great and the price isn’t crazy, it won’t be the notch that will make me not buy it.

And I can write this about other brands: If I was a fan of the “P Line”, it’s not because the Huawei P20 Pro has a notch that I wouldn’t buy it. It seems like a great device, especially in the camera department.

What I think it’s important right now is to listen and respect all opinions. I respect the fans who can’t look past the notch, sure, it’s your money. However, I hope that those users can respect the ones that think the notch is not a big deal or that the other features are so good that the notch is not a dealbreaker.

eye842, dalmia09, Paschfire and 4 others like this.
  11. 11rashidar
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

12. ndarshan7
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

YabbaShabba and Gopi Kiccha like this.
  13. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Mar 29, 2018

youbi , Mar 29, 2018 :
    This actually I do wonder what would be the opinion on the forum.

What would you rather have? A thinner phone with bottom bezel or a thicker phone without bottom bezel?

If we look into the specs, the Iphone X is 7.7mm while the 5 and 5T is 7.3mm, so on paper 0,4mm really doesn't look that much, but on this things just a bit can make quite a difference. I can give my example since I use the 5T and my wife the op5, and they have a small difference (so small that it still shows the same size, 7.3mm). But every time I grab the op5 it feels much better in hand. :sweatsmile:

eye842, dalmia09 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  14. sabir.sayed
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

sabir.sayed , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Instead of notch i would like to go for Google Pixel 2 design. the reason for choosing Oneplus over Samsung was that these people never use to copy and use to come up with new ideas but this time it's just like other companies.

15. malidan
    Nougat Mar 29, 2018

malidan , Mar 29, 2018 :
    The OPO was a copy of the Find 7

eye842 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  16. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Mar 29, 2018

iNtEnSePL , Mar 29, 2018 :
    That is very simple to explain scientifically. You just put your hand in your wife's pocket to grab that phone. And it SHOULD feel better. Even if it was a 3T.

17. P1520770731857
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

18. msumindra
    Froyo Mar 29, 2018

19. fatjivi
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

fatjivi , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I bought OP 5T a few weeks back. Everyone told me to wait for OP 6 but now that I know OP is jumping the "Notch" bandwagon I'm happy I bought OP 5T. Personally I never liked the notch. Few of my friends have iPhone X and the notch looks horrible no matter how many times I try to like it and I'm not an iPhone hater, in fact I've always praised their great hardware and software designs time and again. But this time they screwed up, I just don't understand how the notch is seen as an aesthetically pleasing feature by so many. To each their own I guess.

eye842 likes this.
  20. Consolarificus
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

Consolarificus , Mar 29, 2018 :
    OP6 is a definite no, despite the reasoning. Just look at it :eek:

Now I'm even more excited for the Razer Phone 2. I loved the look of the first one, the big speakers in the front, the satisfying heft and masculine form factor. I did not want to purchase a first generation phone, however.
    I'll likely go with the Razer 2 unless OnePlus mend their ways with the 6T.