The OnePlus 6 will have a Notch. Here’s the first official image and the explanation

1. B2R
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

B2R , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Le notch c'est moche ... Que devient le mode paysage pour le plus grand nombre de logiciel? Quand vous n'avez plus d'idée la copie revient au galop ... Sans doute un adn!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

2. jbc98b
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

F1509621679486 likes this.
  3. Max_Henderson
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

Max_Henderson , Mar 29, 2018 :
    It may be ugly, but when I go into the Apple store to see the iPhone X, I barely even notice it. I'd buy the OnePlus 6.

dalmia09 likes this.
  4. Eszter Marik
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

Eszter Marik , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I was looking to buy the 6, but i think i will wait for the 6t to see if there is no notch at all. I am not going to be disappointed like a lot of people just because of this, there is no such thing like "its perfect for everyone" but i really hope it will be removed.

5. ScareYa

ScareYa , Mar 29, 2018 :
    The answer to this is clear. But no one is asking me anyway. For quite some time now I (and many others) would like to have an OnePlus X2 - medium specs, medium size, good camera, fine materials, affordable price. That I would rather have. I couldn't care less about those flag-ship-half-warm-compromise-notch-copies...

eye842 likes this.
  6. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Mar 29, 2018

youbi , Mar 29, 2018 :
    And you took that info from where? Just by looking to the notch pic?

First time I've seen that expression about a smartphone. :D Can you elaborate a bit, what does that exactly means?

I did ask. :p And I don't really think that is very clear, to be honest I didn't even get what was your answer to that.

7. msumindra
    Froyo Mar 29, 2018

msumindra , Mar 29, 2018 :
    from the last three devices internal design is exactly same except change in position.

8. f1982

f1982 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I predict that once people start to use a phone with a notch, especially if it's got the sensible feature to permanently black out the sides like huawei and lg have shown, then not only will it be tolerated, it will be loved. More usable screen, very sensible use of space.
    It's a fantastic solution. And i'm going to sit and wait 3-6 months until people generally agree.

dalmia09 likes this.
  9. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Mar 29, 2018

youbi , Mar 29, 2018 :
    What does that even mean? Can you elaborate on it a bit?

10. Antgl
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  11. f1982

f1982 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Probably because there is an angry mob with virtual pitchforks and flaming torches going around the internet stamping their feet and crying about the notch

iNtEnSePL and dalmia09 like this.
  12. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

dalmia09 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Or, for people who must have a bezel no matter what, they can also include a software tweak to bring the status bar down and completely black out the sides of the notch.
    Problem solved!!

13. Deactivated User
    Mar 29, 2018

14. GastonLagaffe
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  15. Kunwar7773
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

f1982 and dalmia09 like this.
  16. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Mar 29, 2018

iNtEnSePL , Mar 29, 2018 :
    many people don't get, that introducing "notched" display means it's BIGGER, not SMALLER. The notch doesn't take anything, there is just added screen space around it. If they don't like it, just turn it off by software and there they go. How hard is that to understand...

dm146, dalmia09, youbi and 1 other person like this.
  17. f1982

f1982 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Why not go 1 further and put a virtual bezel of 15mm all around the outside of the screen and turn off the digitizer in those areas too, so people who miss having a 3.5" iPhone 3GS can re-live the 'good old days'?!

18. G_Vladimir_P_tADq
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

ScareYa likes this.
  19. f1982

f1982 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    It doesn't help that it's universally called a notch - which gives the impression it's a notch taken out of the screen. A better term would be virtual bezel, embedded status bar of something like that, which emphasises it's screen pushed into the bezel, not the other way around. Not quite as catchy though.
    Secondly, basically anyone that's not an apple guy has spent 6 months laughing at the iPhoneX and now can't roll back on that opinion. And in some cases that ridicule was justified, as apple uncharacteristically came up with a great solution but didn't implement it well. They let the screen content go up into the sides so there were awkward and unnecessary things like the notch hiding parts of video.
    As far as i'm aware, notches on android don't do that. They are used to push the status bar up into the top bezel and nothing more, which is not only 'fine', it's fantastic. And for those who are obsessed with how it looks, a settings option to black out the status bar makes it perfect for everyone.

20. SupremeXXL
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018