The OnePlus 6 will have a Notch. Here’s the first official image and the explanation

1. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

f1982 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    No screen real-estate has been sacrificed. It has been liberated from the top bezel AND liberated from the status bar. 2 for the price of 1. The notch provides you this, therefore is absolutely not useless. It's implementation is specifically because it has a very good purpose.
    Not to mention all the compromises that have to be made to put everything down in the large chin at the bottom of a phone like the Mix2s, which are solved by the notch.

dm146 and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  2. Oneyedmonkey
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

Oneyedmonkey , Mar 29, 2018 :
    [​IMG] "Innovation"

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  3. Ravi BINAVAT

4. cezarmed2
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

cezarmed2 , Mar 29, 2018 :

f1982

No screen real-estate has been sacrificed. It has been liberated from the top bezel AND liberated from the status bar. 2 for the price of 1. The notch provides you this, therefore is absolutely not useless. It's implementation is specifically because it has a very good purpose.
    Not to mention all the compromises that have to be made to put everything down in the large chin at the bottom of a phone like the Mix2s, which are solved by the notch.​

How many inches of screen do you gain by carving out the bezzel?

Oneyedmonkey likes this.
  5. Oneyedmonkey
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

SHHHHHHH you're making to much sense!!!!

6. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

dalmia09 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    A central placement is optimal for our front-facing camera for several reasons. Moving the module elsewhere would also affect the angle of the camera, making it harder to orient the camera and take photos quickly. Such a move would also compromise the speed and reliability of our industry-leading Face Unlock feature. We also considered using a smaller module, but decided not to as this would have lowered the quality of your photos.

Will the notch cut off my notifications if the status bar reaches a certain width?
    OxygenOS will be optimized to work alongside the notch, ensuring you will always be able to view and access all of your notifications.

Here. You have been answered already by none other than Pete himself.

7. Oneyedmonkey
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

So he pretty much makes excuses just like companies saying they don't have room to include the headphone jack anymore... Gotcha, he sure told me

8. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

Now it's you who's making too much sense..... You can sure choose the mix 2 if you want to. No one's stopping you. Or the gs9. You're just being ignorant.

9. Oneyedmonkey
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

artexjay likes this.
  10. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

As unfortanate as it is, it's you who's acting like the wall here...

11. Oneyedmonkey
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

Actually I'm here giving my opinion on it. Whereas the two of you are trying to change people's minds on the situation by telling them that its a feature they will learn to love and its something they need to get familiar with.

12. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

Topper_Gas , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I guess until the OP6 is released and it is tested alongside the Mi Mix 2 we won't really know which is the better design? I guess what Carl has done is create a mass of publicity about the new OP6 probably far more than Samsung manage with their "boring" S9 designs. Carl is probably sitting back now and enjoying the free publicity thinking "job done!"

f1982 likes this.
  13. rahulopg

rahulopg , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Oneplus have gone down from being a start up Company who use to do things differently... hence gave 3 great devices till 2016...now they think since they have gained enough popularity n name in the market hence they are just copying models. Now, they are focusing totally on marketing techniques (cheap) to achieve their sales target.

Disappointed.

Oneyedmonkey likes this.
  14. sechinov

15. dermot33

dermot33 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Sorry if this has slready been answered.Does a notch stick out from the phone,if so could it possibly break off with a little force.How secure is the notch to the phone ?

16. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 29, 2018

derLenno , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Yo.
    You are going to read a very unpopular opinion.
    Here is why the notch is no problem at all (apart from looks, but that is subjective).

[​IMG]

The OnePlus 6 will have a notch and it's nothing to be worried about. This is no cut-out! This is like two ears that are added to your regular screen.

Have a nice day.

By the way, you have been click baited. This is no [Let's Talk]

dm146 and dalmia09 like this.
  17. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

[GG] , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I would prefer without but I could live with it. Not a big deal.

f1982 and dalmia09 like this.
  18. Woodward52
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

Woodward52 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Right! I thought that the notch did in fact remove from the aspect ratio! The only issue I had, was it interfering with watching video! Okay maybe this does look promising.

f1982 likes this.
  19. gmadmax07

gmadmax07 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    My problem is not not actually the notch but the ugly chin bezel compared with the thin lines around. I had in my hands the R15 and it doesn't look so good except if a solution comes to hide it like the P20 does but then you are losing a part of the screen again. It's a very controversial topic, personally I like the 5t and the S9 design better.

20. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Mar 29, 2018

Rick Manders and FlixbusLennart like this.