The OnePlus 6 will have a Notch. Here’s the first official image and the explanation

1. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2018

f1982 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Well done, it sounds like you're pointing at the top bezel. If that were a OP6 you could move your finger side to side to a bit of screen than sticks UP into the bezel, for the purpose of housing the status bar, meaning your screen below is cleaner and has more usable space for your content. Cool eh! To be clear, there is nothing sticking down into the screen, there are 2 bits of screen added to the top bezel in previously unused space.
    The implementation of this feature, specifically how the software knows that the virtual bezel is not screen for content like video/games etc, is 100% software. The implementation of this feature into the use of the phone, which is what we're talking about here, is 100% software.

2. cemee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2018

cemee , Apr 2, 2018 :
    It can be longer and without notch...
    But with notch it has no chance...

3. psycholyzern
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

psycholyzern , Apr 2, 2018 :
    I don't know about other people, but my reason to hate the notch is because of my dignity. Notch has been a really bad joke. And I would be in a big shame if Im using a phone with notch.

Why now? Why not back then? Because we dont have a technology back then to make a notch? Or maybe you guys got the idea after seeing some phone using it?

Btw, 5T camera sucks.

otrobruno likes this.
  4. Deactivated User
    Apr 2, 2018

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2018

Chungtd, AnixOpz, Echo_2000 and 9 others like this.
  5. qvert
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

qvert , Apr 2, 2018 :
    i have to agree with you,
    sliming the bezels of the op5t a little more would have been the better solution,
    even if thats impossible, they are slim enough

6. MarianCanea
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

MarianCanea , Apr 2, 2018 :
    It is funny how many people take this personal. However, oneplus will still sell phones, will sell oneplus 6, because there are people who do not give a damn about the notch, people who won't post on forums things like "I like oneplus and I am going to buy one" :))

We have alternatives, Samsung is one of them, LG is another and so on.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  7. airiartev
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2018

airiartev , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Same here...

otrobruno likes this.
  8. MARIAN FLORIN MITRAN
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

Chungtd and otrobruno like this.
  9. Bara_zahrey_
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

otrobruno likes this.
  10. kevinplus2
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

kevinplus2 , Apr 3, 2018 :
    I don't understand why some of you are making it a big deal, if y'all don't like the notch then move on there are many other phone manufacturers that have displays without one. I could say for myself, I could look past the notch, because that aside the harwdare package with each OnePlus device is definitely bang for your buck.

dm146, meatandy and ghostofcain like this.
  11. F_Macallie_Atkinson_KZvX
    Eclair Apr 3, 2018

F_Macallie_Atkinson_KZvX , Apr 3, 2018 :
    The notch is obviously preferred and will one day go away, too.

Go ahead and buy any other phone for almost twice as much and I bet you'll chill about the OP6

12. rildzler
    Eclair Apr 3, 2018

rildzler , Apr 3, 2018 :
    I am no notch lover, but I also don't think OnePlus is necessarily copying apple. Technically the essential phone had it first. Apple just made it seem acceptable.

I've been using a LG v30(TMobile still on nougat btw) for the last 4-5 months and let me tell you, I can't wait to get my hands back on a OnePlus device. If you want to give up nearly stock Android, frequent updates, cheaper prices, and some of the best specs around, go for it. If you are anything like me you will be begging for a notched, or heck even a quadruple notch device from OnePlus after dealing with another companies ghetto Android skin for awhile lol.

meatandy and ghostofcain like this.
  13. trueheart
    Froyo Apr 3, 2018

trueheart , Apr 3, 2018 :
    The notch was a useless, lazy design to free up space? Space for 2 rows of icons? Which no apps in the world including video players are using? That won't rotate if you held in landscape.

It's just a bloody stupid lousy copy.

Glad my oneplus 5 is a good device that will probably last me a while.

14. guenins
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2018

guenins , Apr 3, 2018 :
    I didn't like the idea of the notch at first too but that part of the screen is never used on my phone now. My notifications or status icons never go that far into the center of the screen so the notch doesn't take up any space I'm currently using .And if OnePlus takes advantage of the oled screen and keeps the top status bar black with white icons for every app, I will never notice. OnePlus also shouldn't not do something because other companies are doing it either. If someone had an objectively better idea after notches then they SHOULD do that, right?

Plus OnePlus does a number of other amazing things to keep me on their phones!

meatandy likes this.
  15. G_Fire_Potato_kfXV
    Eclair Apr 3, 2018

G_Fire_Potato_kfXV , Apr 3, 2018 :
    We all knew the "notch" was going to be a thing when LG introduced it in their Walkmans so their devices could have IR technology for wireless charge. Google did nothing but copy already available licences so they could implement it on their clocks. At this point Microsoft is the only real phone manufacturer that is innovating and not blindly copying Nokia. I hope Apple can redesign their new TV, as it looks a lot like the one from that chinese startup... uh... OnePlus??? In the end, it doesn't even matter, as North Korea's RedSun will and always be the main manufacturer and seller worldwide.

16. trueheart
    Froyo Apr 3, 2018

trueheart , Apr 3, 2018 :
    It's about aesthetic and design. Not about one row of usable screen space which no apps are using.

17. bpwest80
    KitKat Apr 3, 2018

bpwest80 , Apr 3, 2018 :
    I hated to hear it was going to have a notch because that eliminates it from my choices. I will go with something else. Something notchless. I had the 5 but sent it back due to jelly scrolling so I was really excited for the 6 until I saw it was going to have a notch. Apple knockoff through and through.

Chungtd likes this.
  18. nigelhealy
    KitKat Apr 3, 2018

nigelhealy , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Melodramatic.

You cannot please all the people all of the time, this is a one-phone type of producer so necessarily every feature added/removed just removes/adds customers. Anti-notch people, do not buy. But you could just decide you have too little knowledge so swing with it and less opionated instead. Lots of features of a phone, this is a balance which rests at each individual level.

Skip the phone you do not like.

Oh. And. Grow. Up.

I am on the OnePlus 3T, skipped the 5T, 5, 3. Had the OPO, OP2, OP3T, OPX. See what I did there, did not buy the phones I did not like.

This skipping phones you do not like solves the "T" problem. All those people about to buy the OP6 who will get annoyed at the OP6T with "I just bought the OP6!" can shut up too. Make a decision. Move along.

meatandy likes this.
  19. icarapovi
    Eclair Apr 3, 2018

icarapovi , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Why not go to Apples forum and be angry there why they included the notch? Do you walk into stores just to tell people you dont like the stuff they are selling? Move along, find something else!

ghostofcain likes this.
  20. MiszterSoul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2018

MiszterSoul , Apr 3, 2018 :
    As Title say, we want notchless phone, or Loch Ness but sure without a Notch.
    Stupid trend, I would accept a Mi Mix 2s like small bezel on top, and a normal one on bottom, or 2 small bezel on both top and bottom.

My notification bar is always contains more icons than half of the screen, nearly full, because 2 sim, data speed, and time with seconds.

I hope 6T will be more Flagship Killer than this, like 5T were :\

Wrote from my OP5

jvidia likes this.