The OnePlus 6T Forum is Live Now

1. Swarnadeep36
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

Swarnadeep36 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Too many software updates so what's the point to upgrade from OP 6 to OP 6T as all the software updates will be given to OP 6 as well.. There are only 3 big changes i. e in display fingerprint,bigger battery, display design change & most of other changes are software basis.. There is no changes in the camera, no wireless charging, no ip certification, no infrared on the front for smoother experience in dark with the face unlock, no stereo speakers these are some of the cons i see in OP 6T & i hope they will at least bring these in at OP 7...
    But it's still worth upgrading to OP 6T if you are not using OP6 if u are using OP6 then it's not worth upgrading

2. G_Barry_Mizes_bndV
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

G_Barry_Mizes_bndV , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Went to my local T-mobile store in St. Louis to see if they would have the 6T available on November 1st. They said they would not and had no idea if and when they would have it. I then called 2 other stores nearby and got the same answer. Evidently, despite the claim that it will be available nationwide at T-mobile on 11/1, that doesn't seem to be the case in the real world. I guess I'll just order it online through T-mobile.

3. Xiujie Yang
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

Xiujie Yang , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I just own the 6T(T-Mobile version) as my primary phone, as regular usage currently it still has 56% battery left. it up for 14 hours and the display time around 3 hours most of the battery is consuming by display

4. samprocat
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

samprocat , Oct 31, 2018 :

B1540775417443

Hello. Does anybody know from when can we start buying 6t from official oneplus website?[/QUOTE
    November 1 2018​

5. samprocat
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

Can you tell me what else they crippled in One+ 6T sold trough T Mobile
    Sim2 is locked
    Phone is Sim locked to the T Mobile and other things that will surface soon.
    How about bloatware.
    Especially Tmobile app that is on every Tmobile phone sold from them.

6. vijay.kumar354
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

vijay.kumar354 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Dear sir OnePlus 6T always on display feature still disabled.last time said battery drain issue in OnePlus 6 but now 6T battery increased but always on display ? desable why sir. please my humble request to always on display feature enable[e]1f61e[/e][e]1f61e[/e][e]1f490[/e][e]1f490[/e]

7. niku_das
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

niku_das , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Correct me if i am wrong . is there any way of providing an adapter which connects to the phone through type c and the cable splits up to be a headphone jack and a charging type c port ?
    i know i explained it horribly ! but is there any way of doing it ?

8. CarlosCJ
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

CarlosCJ , Oct 31, 2018 :
    - Unforgivable that they have removed the notifications LED (for me it is essential)
    - Unforgivable that they have removed the 3.5 jack (for me it is essential)
    - Horrible that every time they are more giants (the size of my 3T was perfect)

It was the year that I had to change my 3T for this new 6T and I'm not going to do it, too many deficiencies for not listen what users want. They have copied the bad fashion of other brands believing that it is the good thing. Do you think that removing essential things like the user, or today's smartphones are only for geeks?

BAD, VERY BAD!

P.S: Sorry for my Google's english

Blindek likes this.
  9. G_John_Hill_ysqS
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

10. nacho_marquez
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

11. thumu_ashish
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

12. G_ravi_ranjan_rBFM
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

G_ravi_ranjan_rBFM , Oct 31, 2018 :
    explorer backpack... what about the explorer backpack.. when we will get it??? yesterday we didnt receive at the launch event.

13. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 31, 2018

Cheetosdust , Oct 31, 2018 :
    So far the only two colors confirmed (at least to my knowledge) are Midnight Black and Mirror Black. :)

14. Xiujie Yang
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

one sim card slot is sealed, there r initial three T-Mobile apps are there two of them are able to hide after all only TMobile app is not able to remove

samprocat likes this.
  15. samprocat
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

You will need to stop all permission on this app and block all internet connection..... this is only work around with T Mobile account app.
    It is not only that it is using background resources to track and report to T Mobile servers about network quality and many other information.
    So if battery use and background running app non stop is something that is ok ..... don't do nothing and approve all permission to the app.
    Or do what I have mentioned above.
    Other way around is to root the phone and ditch this app completely.
    Google play review on this app is very bad and it is actually acting like Developer tool to constantly report network stability.
    Good luck with your new phone.

16. Xiujie Yang
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

totally agree. I already disabled all the function of this app

samprocat likes this.
  17. Nurbu Sherpa
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

18. samprocat
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

Nurbu Sherpa likes this.
  19. samprocat
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

Just stay away or keep under control any social media app's like Facebook Viber and Etc.... they are known for syncing non stop to the servers

20. G_David_Vazquez_FvnR
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

G_David_Vazquez_FvnR , Oct 31, 2018 :
    T-Mobile version differences so far (more than you'd think):

1) SIM locked
    2) Bootloader locked
    3) T-Mobile animation at boot
    4) OTA Updates from T-Mobile, not OnePlus
    5) T-Mobile app that CANNOT be deleted
    6) Other T-Mo apps preinstalled that can be deleted
    7) Single SIM only
    8) No new fancy animations in OnePlus launcher
    9) No previous app gesture
    10) No Smart Boost

Am I missing anything?

I can understand 1-7 for a carrier phone (I don't like it, but there's precedent), but why not have feature parity with the unlocked version for software features that don't have anything to do with T-Mobile and their business model?

samprocat likes this.