The OnePlus 7 Pro is unfortunately not waterproof

1. mojoyoyo77
    Lollipop Senior Moderator Jun 8, 2019

mojoyoyo77 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    You can combine the two things silica gel and rice, it also influences the humidity in the air if you are in a place with high humidity environment, you will need more time

rarog and Queenmallory like this.
  2. Coastie
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2019

Coastie , Jun 8, 2019 :
    that stinks, sorry that happened to you. If it's dead, do us all a favor and take it apart, see if you can figure out specifically where the water got in from. I have my suspicions about the pop-up camera. My wife's OP6 seems so much more solid than my OP7P.

3. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    It could be worse, you could be misunderstanding the difference between bulletproof glass & bullet resistant glass.

4. Queenmallory
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

Queenmallory , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Hello, for now, I do not disassemble and I expect to see with rice and silica gel. I keep you informed

5. Coastie
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2019

Coastie , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Unfortunately thanks to your misfortune, I just found this video, OP7P leaks like a sieve, it seems they found only one single little area inside where water didn't intrude. Horrible.

malidan likes this.
  6. Queenmallory
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

Queenmallory , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Yes I see this night

7. Queenmallory
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Queenmallory , Jun 9, 2019 :
    Hello everyone,

I inform you that after 48 hours spent in rice and bags of SILICA GEL, my OnePlus 7 Pro does not work, it starts, but the screen is monochrome.

@oskoubir you told me to go see in the "Feedback" section of the forum support to report that or it is better that I contact by phone or chat in https://www.oneplus.com/support ?

I will not ask under warranty, but at least have the OnePlus 7 Pro appraised and ask for a quote.

What do you recommend ? Go to the "Feedback" section of the forum support or contact OnePlus directly via phone or chat via https://www.oneplus.com/support ?

Thank you for your response and your help.

8. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Jun 11, 2019

Baymax , Jun 11, 2019 :
    I would recommend going to a service centre.
    Contact OnePlus Support at
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

To get an address of a service centre close to you.

I would imagine that it may be of cost to you though.

I wish you the best with all of this and am still very sorry to hear about this. I am definitely being very very careful with my 7 Pro after reading all of this.

buntycubal likes this.
  9. F_Ashish_Godhani_DSWJ
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

F_Ashish_Godhani_DSWJ , Jun 11, 2019 :
    Hello , i got the device on 17th may of 2019. And now i can see the dust in my rear camera lens .
    I see this phone is not dust proof but the company gives a bucket challenge . And the oneplus care says of replacing device and take a process of almost a week . I feel its waste of money , as i cant get a new device for a week .
    And i dont think that in the new device as well be dust proof or not .

Queenmallory likes this.
  10. Queenmallory
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

Queenmallory , Jun 11, 2019 :

Hello Baymax,

Thanks for your return.

I have contact support OnePlus France, by chat and by phone.

I explained to them that the screen was monochrom now.

He proposes me the change of the motherboard, because for them with water, it is out of service obligatorily.

The price is 260€ minimum, because if they have to change something else, the quote will necessarily increase. Anyway they must give me a quote.

In short, it's not good luck and 260€ minimum, I can not afford it.

11. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Jun 11, 2019

Baymax , Jun 11, 2019 :
    Yikes bud.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I am not sure what to do next.

buntycubal likes this.
  12. shegdoobius
    Donut Jun 11, 2019

shegdoobius , Jun 11, 2019 :
    I am sorry for your bad experience but did you check if the sim tray was partially open? Or maybe a crack somewhere?

13. Queenmallory
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

Queenmallory , Jun 11, 2019 :
    Nothing, all is ok

14. karl7
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

karl7 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Hi, sorry to hear about your case, I experienced the same kind of thing today. My phone fell into a pool and I took it out and everything was just fine. But many hours later at home nothing was working anymore. Cameras were foggy, touchscreen wasn't responding and the phone wouldn't even turn off. I just find it funny that all the water tests in youtube, all the phones seem to withstand the water very well and when my device falls into water for <60 seconds I'm done. I just wonder if I need to buy a new phone or can they still fix it cheaper that a new phone would cost.

Queenmallory likes this.
  15. riffraff81
    KitKat Jun 18, 2019

riffraff81 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Oneplus never claimed the device was waterproof. There are no waterproof devices. Waterproof and water resistant are not the same thing.

Sorry for your loss..

16. K1541369337291
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

K1541369337291 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Hey there, plz tell me if i can take my OnePlus 7 pro in steam room. I listen to music a lot and this phone has the best sound system in it.[e]1f604[/e]

And tell me how to change emoji design, these are soo bad. iphone kind of emojis.

17. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 18, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Why don't you take it into a nuclear reactor while you're at it, that wouldn't be any more dumb.

K1541369337291 likes this.
  18. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2019

Spelt , Jun 19, 2019 :
    Yeah keep it out of the steam.

19. Queenmallory
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

Queenmallory , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Hello, you can shut up please if it's to say idiocy!!!!

So I guess before you talk, you watched the 30 seconds of the OnePlus official account video. He speaks well of waterproof. Moreover, the catchphrase of the video is: "Waterproof ratings for phones cost you money. We just bought a bucket. Get ready for the".

I give you the video:

20. Queenmallory
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

Queenmallory , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Hello, sorry to hear that, hurry.

On the other hand puts in the rice and sachets anti moisture SILICA GEL.

I will return tomorrow on my adventure and I will give you news to all.