The OnePlus 7 Pro is unfortunately not waterproof

1. K1541369337291 Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

K1541369337291, Jun 21, 2019 :
    as oneplus show in video that phome is waterproof so i think your phone should be replaced and if not you shall make a case on oneplus and i'll support you what-so-ever

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019

ravi.allishe likes this.
  2. viper02 Eclair Jun 21, 2019

viper02, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Effectivement c'est dommage, il n'est pas étanche mais résistant à l'eau, en gros éclaboussures. Mais une immersion totale, il faut une certification IP.
    C'est un point faible de ce téléphone, je n'ai jamais été aussi étanches auparavant va falloir que je sois prudent.

3. riffraff81 KitKat Jun 23, 2019

riffraff81, Jun 23, 2019 :
    i'm an idiot but you're clearly the one who can't read.

the thumbnail of your video clearly reads "WATER RESISTANCE ratings for phones cost you money".

before you label another person an idiot, you must first learn how to read, learn how to thoroughly vet your own sources of information, and then learn the difference between water resistance and waterproof. the certification tests do not guarantee water protection from salt water or for protection from emersion in water deeper than 2 meters. if a device was truly "waterproof" then there wouldn't be these limitations, but there are.

on top of the fact that they tell you NOT to put your device in contact with water. did you here that?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019

4. K1541369337291 Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

K1541369337291, Jun 24, 2019 :

riffraff81

i'm an idiot but you're clearly the one who can't read.

the thumbnail of your video clearly reads "WATER RESISTANCE ratings for phones cost you money".

before you label another person an idiot, you must first learn how to read, learn how to thoroughly vet your own sources of information, and then learn the difference between water resistance and waterproof. the certification tests do not guarantee water protection from salt water or for protection from emersion in water deeper than 2 meters. if a device was truly "waterproof" then there wouldn't be these limitations, but there are.

on top of the fact that they tell you NOT to put your device in contact with water. did you here that?​

Thankyou sooo much for telling us something that i already know.
    I want you to learn to read first then try to argue to someone else that someone can make the princes sad and i don't want that.
    We all know that this phone is not IP rated (company should have rated and would have made some more money), this thread is because we saw many people testing Oneplus 7 pro underwater for even 30 minutes and successfully getting phone back without any issue
    And even making a video after days/months with successful Oneplus 7 pro working.
    And on it Oneplus directly makes a video and tells (not directly) that phone is waterproof, you should 'believe' but if you loose 'don't complain'.

5. TsheringWangchuk Eclair Jun 25, 2019

TsheringWangchuk, Jun 25, 2019 :
    thank your for sharing your incident and really sorry for your loss. ur post is helping me be extra careful with water.I thought that its gonna be ok after all even if we accedently drop it to water for few seconds. it was USP to me but now it seems like it was just a marketing strategy. great work oneplus

6. Queenmallory Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

Queenmallory, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Hello, how can you help me please ? I don't understand

7. Korothi Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

Korothi, Jun 27, 2019 :
    I wash my phone with water every time if its dirty or sticky. I dont submerge it though. and its alright.

8. guanyu210379 Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2019

guanyu210379, Jun 27, 2019 :
    1+7pro is not waterproof at all.
    The bucket test in the advertisement was a complete b*llsh*t.
    There is already some test videos in youtube e.g. from GadgetIn JANGAN MUDAH PERCAYA IKLAN HP!!! showing that.

9. Korothi Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

Korothi, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Links? so far all youtube videos tell its water resistant

10. guanyu210379 Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2019

guanyu210379, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Find the video with the title:
    JANGAN MUDAH PERCAYA IKLAN HP!!!
    From the channel:
    GadgetIn
    Note:
    The video is in Indonesian. I hope you can understand the language.

If doing a search for a video is already waaay too difficult for you:

11. acwest Eclair Jun 28, 2019

acwest, Jun 28, 2019 :
    Note that even IP certified phones are not actually protected from water damage by the warranty...

12. Korothi Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

13. Shadowelite0523 Cupcake Jun 29, 2019

Shadowelite0523, Jun 29, 2019 :
    Water resistance and waterproof are not the same terms. Water resistant objects are able to withstand certain levels of contact with water for day to day scenarios such as splashes and other quick interactions, without submersion. Waterproof ratings are generally for objects of which surpass the general standards of water resistance and include submersion in water up to a certain depth. There is not a single average consumer smartphone that has a waterproof rating with the highest rating being IP68. The use of terms like "waterproof" is grossly misused in this day and age.

Matt 80 likes this.