The OnePlus 7T: A Gaming Powerhouse

1. Charles C.
    Social Media Staff Member Dec 12, 2019

Charles C. , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Many smartphone manufacturers are now making dedicated gaming phones. If you spend a lot of time gaming, why would you choose OnePlus over brands that are making gaming-centered phones?

To answer this question, I’d like to refer to a community post from last month featuring Lex, a pro Brawl Stars player, and how he replied to the question above:

Every other company that makes Phones geared to gaming seem to fail in making the Phone good at...well actually being a phone first and foremost. That’s one of the many reasons I love OnePlus. Is the 7T tremendous for gaming? 100% yes, but it’s a smart phone before anything else and if you were to take away the gaming aspect, I would still choose it because of the Phone itself.

lex.png

The OnePlus 7T excels at being a smartphone and a gaming smartphone at the same time, without making any sacrifices or trade-offs. In this short article, I’ll focus on six things that help to elevate your gaming experience on the OnePlus 7T.

1. 90 Hz Fluid Display

More and more games are supporting a refresh rate of 90 Hz. With a higher refresh rate, the smoother (and better) your game looks in action.

The 90 Hz Fluid Display also makes for a more responsive gaming experience. With less input-lag, the responsive display allows gamers with finely-tuned reflexes, to tap, swipe, and scroll more quickly giving you the edge over your online opponents. There’s an elevated feeling of control since the display is more in-tune with your finger(s), whereas on other devices there’s a feeling of lag, delay, or general unresponsiveness.

The Fluid AMOLED Display is good news for gaming too. Graphics look more vivid and lifelike because AMOLED can produce a much greater contrast with deeper blacks and brighter whites. That allows the Fluid Display to produce more vibrant and vivid images with a color accuracy that is more true-to-life.

11.jpg

AMOLED also makes gaming outdoors a possibility. In the past (or with other smartphones), playing games outside on a sunny day was a torturous affair with rays of sunlight turning the displays into a highly reflective mirror. With the Fluid Display, things are different. The display excels in direct sunlight, producing 1,000 nits of brightness, meaning the fun doesn’t have to stop just because you’re outside. Want to play PUBG Mobile on the beach? Now you can.

2. Dolby Atmos

Games shouldn’t only look good, they should sound amazing too. And with Dolby Atmos, they do. Dolby Atmos brings more clarity and detail to your gaming experience and lets you feel like you’re inside the action. OnePlus worked closely with Dolby to ensure that our users will always have the most satisfying audio experience, meaning even the most intricate sonic details can be heard.

For the OnePlus 7T we made some changes to layout and positioning of the speakers. We added a large speaker along the top of the device and changed the position of the bottom speaker. With this dual speaker layout sound is represented more accurately and with more dimensionality. With the finely-calibrated and optimized Dolby software, the sound field is well balanced letting players hear enemy footsteps or distant gunshots with greater clarity.

3. Haptic Engine

Upgraded with an independent haptic driver, the OnePlus 7T’s large vibration motor produces natural, responsive tactile feedback. It’s more accurate, more satisfying, and simply better than ever before—and this has implications for gaming. When you shoot in PUBG Mobile, for instance, not only will you hear it, you’ll feel it too. The improved haptic engine can make a big difference to how a game feels and increases feelings of immersion due to the powerful vibrations—especially when combined with the stereo speakers. So, with the OnePlus 7T you are very much getting a future-proofed device as more games start to support this functionality in the future.

4. Warp Charge

Hardcore gamers are sure to love Warp Charge 30T for two very simple reasons:

1. You can charge from 0 to 70% in half an hour, meaning more freedom for players. Running low on juice? Charge for a short time and you’ll have enough power to game for hours.

2. Not only does it charge incredibly fast but it does so with zero heat buildup thanks to clever engineering. For players, this means a much more comfortable and burden-free gaming experience.
    3.jpg

5. Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+

The elite Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ features upgraded CPU speeds, 15% faster graphics rendering, and multi-gigabit 4G connectivity. All of this combined with 8GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage, as well as a bloat-free OxygenOS, means gaming will continue to look amazing on the OnePlus7T for years to come. It’s always better to show than tell though, so take a look at the video below showing PUBG on the OnePlus 7T (gameplay captured by our very own @dsmonteiro).

6. Fnatic mode

Hate being disturbed by calls and messages when you are gaming? Then Fnatic mode is for you. Switching on Fnatic Mode will block all incoming calls and messages with its advanced DND feature. If your internet connection isn’t too good, Fnatic Mode can also help with its lowest-latency game play feature that can help to reduce lag caused by interference from other apps. It can’t give you good internet but it can block network access to resource hogging apps, thereby giving you an improved gaming experience. Fnatic mode also aggressively channels all available CPU resources by dedicating all CPU cores to gameplay to maximize the frames per second.

7.png

Thanks for reading! A question for you to answer before you go:

Which gaming-related feature or function would you like to see implemented on future OnePlus devices? Why?

2. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2019

Impersonal , Dec 12, 2019 :
    If there is something to take away from this post : @dsmonteiro hasn't improved at playing PUBG.... :)

The only drawback in regards to the 7T as gameing phone is the lack of 5G, so no future proofing, because the 5G revolution is imminent, and the way we will play and experience games will forever be changed... Anyways still a great device, so obviously 5G is my answer to the question!

Ps: maybe a OnePlus controller, or better yet maybe OnePlus should approach Razer, or make a custom case* for the OnePlus devices to make them compatible with the awesome junglecat...

https://www.razer.com/gaming-controllers/razer-junglecat

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019

3. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 12, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 12, 2019 :
    There is a need for headphone jack for gaming unless bluetooth earphones have absolutely zero latency.
    This is useful in scenarios when you are in last circle of battle royal with very low battery and you don't need any latency!

4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 12, 2019

5. Praty_28
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2019

Praty_28 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I'd love to see 4D Vibration implemented in future oneplus devices. For example if you're getting shot by someone in PUBG from the left side, the left side of the device should vibrate and similarly this could be implemented for other games as well.

The haptic engine is already great but adding directional vibrations would just be the icing on the cake.

6. Athul Issac George
    Donut Dec 12, 2019

kodomolion likes this.
  7. Tumio
    Froyo Dec 12, 2019

8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 12, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 12, 2019 :
    A Game Steaming Dock would be great too

W1565725840540 and Starcommander like this.
  9. Harpreet@532
    Froyo Dec 12, 2019

Harpreet@532 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    OnePlus you must include a Head phone jack to have complete gaming experience

it just that easy and very functional man

plug and play

hope OnePlus will do something about it

10. ShubinDongre
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

Starcommander and G_plusone like this.
  11. Jessy Saji
    Donut Dec 12, 2019

D_Balaji_Dasari_ and G_plusone like this.
  12. Prof.ashutosh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2019

Prof.ashutosh , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 12, 2019 :
    CALL OF DUTY works so smoothly on my OnePlus 7T. I'm so addicted to the 90Hz display and Dolby Atmos experience that I can't think to play it on any other phone. Not even on my OnePlus 6T.

Thanks for such a wonderful gaming experience OnePlus.

13. zix47
    Froyo Dec 12, 2019

zix47 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    add headphone jack or change the charging port left or right side of the phone as being hardcore gamer i use wired headsets and connect it with type c adapter but its uncomfortable while playing and i had to change my controls and gaming style bc of that 🤧

14. jonarooni
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

jonarooni , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 12, 2019 :
    When I play PUBG Mobile, my phone gets so hot that it warns me about damage from overheating even when PUBG is the only app running... It then proceeds to say that it needs to disable features and dims the display! Also becomes so hot that it's very uncomfortable to hold!

15. jonarooni
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

jonarooni , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Agree, my 7T hurts to touch after a PUBG session. Even warns me that it's overheating every session..

16. Nshstephan
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

Nshstephan , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 12, 2019 :
    why change 6t to 7t?

17. X1576199555044
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2019

18. V1574318515761
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2019

P1566219793412 and Aryan Rathod like this.
  19. T1533998691666
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2019

T1533998691666 , via OnePlus 5 , Dec 13, 2019 :
    The phone isn't well optimized for the 855+ yet. Hopefully it's not a hardware issue so that it can be fixed via updates :D

Jessy Saji and Naveen_006 like this.
  20. zix47
    Froyo Dec 13, 2019